Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Unexpected By David Vera Sorochi (love N Romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Unexpected By David Vera Sorochi (love N Romance) (451 Views)

The Vultures By David Diop / Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / The Unexpected. Love N Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unexpected By David Vera Sorochi (love N Romance) by steveblue809(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone, below is a love and romantic story The Unexpected by David Vera Sorochi.
Get excited and ready for fun as we take you through this journey of love.
Copyright David Vera Sorochi © 2019

I woke up to the vibration of my phone on the table. I lazily reached for it hoping it wasn't a client as I picked the phone, I turned the brightness down to read the message that popped up

"You shall find that which your heart yearns To continue to recieve inspirational quotes press 2
".

More to follow shortly

https://jistnaija.com/unexpected-by-david-vera-sorochi/

Re: The Unexpected By David Vera Sorochi (love N Romance) by steveblue809(m): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2019
The Unexpected by David Vera Sorochi

I woke up to the vibration of my phone on the table. I lazily reached for it hoping it wasn't a client as I picked the phone, I turned the brightness down to read the message that popped up

"You shall find that which your heart yearns To continue to recieve inspirational quotes press 2".

At this point I am speechless,who sends messages this early?.I ignored the text and rolled over to the cooler side of the bed trying to find sleep and as it was about to take me my phone rang jerking me awake.I felt like crying, why can't I be left alone?.Yesterday had been the most stressful day of my life, from wining a case in the court to handling two divorce cases and a land issue. I decided to ignore the call but it kept ringing, vibrating loudly and out of anger I picked the call without looking at the caller ID

" what? " I snap

" ogiwa wu what ifeoma,it is you that is what" I hear my mum bark as I facepalm.

" I know this is not how you answer your clients calls, shey its because I'm the one calling? " mum continues talking. " Goodmorning mum" I greet scratching my head in frustration. "Keep your greetings Ifeoma" she started, "your father and I want you home today, " she says in her normal sing-song voice. "aaah Mummy, you people know how busy I am, you can't call me up and expect me back na" I say looking for an excuse ,"moreover I have a Client to see today" I lie emphasizing on the word "Client". " Ifeoma Onyirinnaya Chukwuka, yes we can call you up and ask you to come home" she says and I can hear my father clearing his throat. " if you were married, we wouldn't be calling you up" she adds. "Mami, I'm just 25"I say now fully awake and wanting the call to end. "I'm sure that's what all these 30something years old ladies were saying when they were 25" she says ,and I know she rolled her eyes before continuing," Your father said you should dress nice, we'll have a visitor " and with that she drops the call on me. I lay back on the bed but it is obvious that sleep won't be possible anymore so I roll out of bed dragging the sheets with me. "Ifeoma!" I scold myself before laying the bed properly. I rushed my shower, I know my mum and if I wasn't home soon she was going to make dad drive here for 2 hours and pick me up and that's one thing I don't want happening,I brushed my teeth and washed my hair then dried it with my hand drier. I searched my closet for any cloth that will look appropriate to mum, my clothes had gently turned into black and white, even my church gowns looked too formal. I finally picked a Grey gown to wear before putting on little make up and a wig. I searched my room for my car keys untill I found it under the bed, by then my room looked like a warzone.I quickly took a look at the wall clock, 11:30 it read .The traffic was worse than I expected and I couldn't bear it with the killer headache I was having. I reduced the volume of my radio and relaxed into my seat tapping my fingers on the steering,making a nice beat as I nodded my head to the killer beat playing on the radio. It was there I first saw him, just like me, the traffic was frustrating him but he looked like a knight, he was in a clean suit and neatly trimmed beards making him look like the drop dead gorgeous guys that were on the cover of magazines, I quickly fished out my phone and stole a picture before he turned, I needed to send the picture to my friends. As I raised the phone the second time to get a clearer picture he turned and his eyes caught mine that was probably filled with adoration but his on the other hand had confusion in it, I quickly snapped my eyes back to the front as the line continued moving, I cursed myself again for being stupid but I was happy atleast I would never see him

episode2
To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Kimberly Part Two. / Question Of The Day / Experienced Press Release Writer Needed Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.