Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (929 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Evangkatsoulis: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Please how do you fake a smile?

I am unable to fake emotions(smiles, laughter, etc.) no matter what. I have issues with emotional expressiveness in general. This has affected me in many areas of life.
I realize that in Nigeria one needs to lick ass to 'go far in life' .
I want to be able ask about someone's welfare and look like I am interested even if don't give a damn about the person.
I want to able to attend birthday parties, marriage ceremonies and go with the flow even if I am against such.
I want to be able to 'play' with children even though I don't like them and have vowed to have none in this life.
I am a very attractive person and people naturally gravitate towards me but I am unable to form bonds or even fake them. Although I am not into people, everything I like/enjoy is related to humans(sports, books, internet forums, food, games?, sex, etc.).
Please oh, is there any one here who has had issues with expressing emotions? How did you cope?
Re: by sisisioge: 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Weirdo!

You just smile...look at your subject. Hug them. Pay them compliments. That's it.

I'm considered by many as an extrovert but I honestly don't have a close friend to my name right now, except my sister. However, I have many friends who would have my back, should I need it, and me theirs. I'm not even good with names but got good dentition... That suffices buddy, just open them and smile grin.

Smiling, I heard cuts across all languages and social etiquettes. Cheers.
Re: by czarina(f): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
I don't think it's a "must" to smile as long as you're not frowning.

Just keep your "normal" face if you can't fake it unless of course your normal face is like this emoji ---- ( angry )

#MyOpinion

Too much smile sef and your cheeks start hurting.
Re: by majamajic(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
when the person u wan impress appear , just move your cheeks back , let your teeth show as u handshake him or her,

then open your mouth wide and cough out airs (it makes a loud laugh) at every little joke the person made

if u wan change to sad emotions, if u are owing rent just remember your landlord, cheating girlfriend or dead relatives

finish
Re: by Evangkatsoulis: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Weirdo!

You just smile...look at your subject. Hug them. Pay them compliments. That's it.

I'm considered by many as an extrovert but I honestly don't have a close friend to my name right now, except my sister. However, I have many friends who would have my back, should I need it, and me theirs. I'm not even good with names but got good dentition... That suffices buddy, just open them and smile grin.

Smiling, I heard cuts across all languages and social etiquettes. Cheers.

As in. Seriously, I can't smile just by seeing someone. I have to actually like the person or have a bond(and I am unable to form bonds with people, parents and siblings inclusive). I can't even force a smile but can smile a funny joke. It has to come from the subconscious. So my default look is just a plain face(a frown?). Hugs and kisses are part of emotional expressiveness which I am incapable of. Physical contact(except plain handshakes) of any kind puts an invisible load on me and just makes me want to break free at any cost. I have actually pushed and almost punched someone who gave me a surprise hug.
Re: by sisisioge: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

As in. Seriously, I can't smile just by seeing someone. I have to actually like the person or have a bond(and I am unable to form bonds with people, parents and siblings inclusive). I can't even force a smile but can smile a funny joke. It has to come from the subconscious. So my default look is just a plain face(a frown?). Hugs and kisses are part of emotional expressiveness which I am incapable of. Physical contact(except plain handshakes) of any kind puts an invisible load on me and just makes me want to break free at any cost. I have actually pushed and almost punched someone who gave me a surprise hug.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ bolded is where it ends! Let's hope you fine a cure for your social deficiency.
Re: by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2019
You're very normal. Why should you fake emotional expressiveness because you want to impress some persons who don't give a hoot about you?

People tell me I always look too serious, no wahala, as far as I'm minding my own business.

1 Like

Re: by debaj10: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2019
humans actually crave contact.

it's part of our nature.
UyaiIncomparabl:
You're very normal. Why should you fake emotional expressiveness because you want to impress some persons who don't give a hoot about you?

People tell me I always look too serious, no wahala, as far as I'm minding my own business.

op, wots up?

u should c a shrink, u myt b borderline autistic.

as a "cup half full" mindset, u lykli have some specialized talents.

good luck
Re: by Evangkatsoulis: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2019
debaj10:
humans actually crave contact.

it's part of our nature.
op, wots up?

u should c a shrink, u myt b borderline autistic.

as a "cup half full" mindset, u lykli have some specialized talents.

good luck
Or schizoid?
I really do not have any autistic traits.
Re: by debaj10: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Or schizoid?
I really do not have any autistic traits.
only professionals can give a definitive diagnosis.

if ur mind is analytical, u might look into becoming a sought-after problem solver in ur circle.

people will seek u out 4 ur mind as well as ur looks, without necessarily being put off by ur lack of "manners".

so, a lack of close friends or social graces will b irrelevant.

u could even adopt a "refined and proper" persona, which naturally keeps people at a distance- "Kingsman" style.
Re: by Evangkatsoulis: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
debaj10:
only professionals can give a definitive diagnosis.

if ur mind is analytical, u might look into becoming a sought-after problem solver in ur circle.

people will seek u out 4 ur mind as well as ur looks, without necessarily being put off by ur lack of "manners".

so, a lack of close friends or social graces will b irrelevant.

u could even adopt a "refined and proper" persona, which naturally keeps people at a distance- "Kingsman" style.
I have actually been visited psychiatrists in a teaching hospital. I was not diagnosed with autism.

(1) (Reply)

Saw This On Twitter. Endsars / What Is The Best Way To Stop A Child That Bed Wets / The Three Orange Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.