Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile (5966 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / How To Set Security Pin On Mtn, Glo Airtel And 9mobile / Glo 4g Lte Is Bae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Mykcool(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
dhuthraki:
Not yet available in Abuja. They started the deployment of band 3 (1800) in the South west since last year. I wonder why it is taking so long to deploy it nationwide.

It's available in Abuja (Glo 4G on band 3), Maitama axis. Can't confirm for any other area
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Jeffy1206(m): 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
adamspee:

Make sure you are using glo 4g SIM card. Glo 4g SIM card is different from normal 2g and 3g SIM cards. Walk to any glo outlet and ask for glo 4 g SIM card.
I have 3 4g glo sim cards
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Jeffy1206(m): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2019
dadalicious:

They are rolling out state by state.
I was told Delta state will be live by the end of September.
But priority is given to tertiary institutions
I'm in Abuja garki axis nothing
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by ifenadi(m): 9:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
I think this 4G band is location specific. My Infinix phone do see MTN in Asaba on band 20 but anytime I visit Awka, I will see MTN 4G LTE Network on my phone. When I make I enquirers, I find out that MTN 4G operates on band 3 in Awka . MTN actually operates on 4 bands . Band 3, 7, 20 and on 700 MHz ( band 12-29), and this bands are location specific
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by fredie107(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2019
Screenshot evidence..... Or else I Don bilivit..

Just had a chat with GLO on twitter and they said for now, just band 28
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Babanhajiya(m): 7:57am On Aug 23, 2019
Anyone in Jos to comfirm this?
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Bossman(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2019
Check your phone specs at GSMArena. To know what LTE band you are connected to you can use LTE discovery app.

SocialJustice:
How do I know the bands my phone supports? I have a 4g sim and I'm not in Lagos. My neighbour uses Glo 4g with his infinix. Why can't my phone do same.
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by SocialJustice: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Bossman:
Check your phone specs at GSMArena. To know what LTE band you are connected to you can use LTE discovery app.

Thanks.
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by Vicboi1(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2019
I school at futo (owerri) and i observed it that it's now working on band 3 because my phone doesn't support band 28 but it now shows glo 4G

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by DarkJeddi(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by DarkJeddi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
fredie107:
Screenshot evidence..... Or else I Don bilivit..

Just had a chat with GLO on twitter and they said for now, just band 28
And you believe them?

Lazy CC Twats who don't know anything unless it's being spoon fed them..

Glo band 3 has been rolling out for months now and it is no longer news..

BELIEVE THAT.. shocked
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by chokozcfs(m): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2019
dadalicious:
They are rolling out state by state. I was told Delta state will be live by the end of September. But priority is given to tertiary institutions
please do you know if it's in UNIBEN/Benin City?
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by inikesta(m): 2:24am On Oct 13, 2019
dadalicious:
They are rolling out state by state. I was told Delta state will be live by the end of September. But priority is given to tertiary institutions
Yeah. Tertiary institutions they get am now
Re: Glo 4g Lte Now Work On Band 3 As Airtel And 9mobile by SmartDepot: 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
I noticed Glo 4G working on my older Redmi Note 5 pro which didn't have band 28 (in Port Harcourt) last month or so and thought that was a fluke but I got an official confirmation from Glo care Today that the now use LTE band 3

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Iphone 14 Pro Max Locked, Should I? / Convert CDMA Phone To GSM / Android 6.0 Marshmallow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.