Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom (3427 Views)

Book Review Of Gambling With Destiny By Maurice Udom / Anambra Students Create Smart Walking Sticks For The Blind(photo) / (GST 121) Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by ekems2020(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom

Written in 2004, the playwright Maurice Udom tries to question the position of the African gods in relations to issues of gender equality and fidelity (or infidelity as the case may be). This is a documented play meant for the stage, albeit a fictional work of arts with meanings deeply rooted in the pan-African religious, cultural and traditional systems.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to give out a comprehensive review of this book, "The Blind Gods" as academic aid to students and scholars.

If you are interested in getting a copy from me, kindly contact me now: 07085763316 or 09083805672

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also reviewed the following books.

1. The Blind Gods
2. Tsunamic blues
3. Metaphors of God
4. The Adventurers
5. Her Plaque
6. The Future on The Run
Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by psucc(m): 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
That book should be retired because it has been reviewed by over 10,000 scholars since its publication.
Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by ekems2020(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
Well, Inasmuch as I agree with you that the book has been over-reviewed, I make bold to say that it is fallacious to say that the book should be retired. Why?

Also, how you came about the figure stated in your argument is not only hyperbolic but outlandishly amazing. 10,000 scholars? Even a New York Times Bestseller is not reviewed by a tenth part of your figure...and this book is NOTHING near to that...so, how did you arrive at such an alarming number? Haahaha...
psucc:
That book should be retired because it has been reviewed by over 10,000 scholars since its publication.
Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by psucc(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Great question at bold. Since the year 2004 when Mr. Udom came to Akwapoly, the book was adopted for GNS in almost all the programmes of Institute.

If you know the figure, you will understand that I quoted the number on the conservative side.

ekems2020:
Well, Inasmuch as I agree with you that the book has been over-reviewed, I make bold to say that it is fallacious to say that the book should be retired. Why?

Also, how you came about the figure stated in your argument is not only hyperbolic but outlandishly amazing. 10,000 scholars? Even a New York Times Bestseller is not reviewed by a tenth part of your figure...and this book is NOTHING near to that...so, [b]how did you arrive at such an alarming number? [/b]Haahaha...
Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by ekems2020(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Well, can we categorize undergraduate students who are attempting book review for the first time among scholars? I take a sip...and digress before Dr. Maurice Udom's gods blind me as well...hahahaha
psucc:
Great question at bold. Since the year 2004 when Mr. Udom came to Akwapoly, the book was adopted for GNS in almost all the programmes of Institute.

If you know the figure, you will understand that I quoted the number on the conservative side.

Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by vladoz(m): 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
Can I please get a copy for free...want to review it! Thanks
Re: Book Review On The Blind Gods By Maurice Udom by ekems2020(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please, visit the department of English...
vladoz:
Can I please get a copy for free...want to review it! Thanks

(1) (Reply)

3 Toilet Mistakes You Are Making / Fed Univ Of Petr. Res. Effrun Meet Here / Jonathan Vows To Fix Public Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.