Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Boy, 13, Hanged Himself After Finding Out His Crush Has A Boyfriend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boy, 13, Hanged Himself After Finding Out His Crush Has A Boyfriend (247 Views)

Man Hanged Himself In Delta State Because He Couldn’t Afford To Pay N15K Hospita / Nigerian Scammer Spares His Victim After Finding Out She Is Also A Nigerian. See / Viral Video Of Woman Mercilessly Beating Her 17-year-old Daughter After Finding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boy, 13, Hanged Himself After Finding Out His Crush Has A Boyfriend by Adex0907(m): 3:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
A 13-year-old schoolboy took his life after finding out the girl he has a crush on had started dating somebody else.Harry Storey, told friends on Whatsapp that hewas feeling suicidal but they thought he was joking. Later that night on March 1 his father Andrew found his body at their home in Chilton, Oxfordshire.Mr Storey said: "I could not comprehend what I was seeing."He carried out CPR and when his wife walked in he shouted for her to call emergency services. Harry was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital where he died three days later.An inquest heard yesterday that it was unlikely that Harry had intended to kill himself.The deceased's father said: "We watched a programme where the female star had hangedherself but her friends rescued her. It made uswonder whether he had a sensationalised view of what might happen."Paying tribute to his son, Mr Storey said:"Harry was a charismatic, caring boy and sportwas a huge part of his life, playing rugby, cricket and tennis. He would talk to anyone with ease and he had a natural ability to strikeup a conversation, which I admired him for."He seemed to us to be just a normal teenagerbut he did have high expectations of himself. It came as a complete shock to me."Detective Sergeant Lou Heffernan-Glover said:"I think he lost consciousness unexpectedly. Itcould not have been predicted or prevented byhis family."Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of misadventure.He said: "Harry did the action himself and hadmade comments about suicide. However teenagers do say things of that nature."There is an element of speculation but it seems to me that Harry did not intend it to be fatal. Therefore the conclusion is one of misadventure. Misadventure is similar to an accident, it is the deliberate undertaking of a risk that goes wrong, causing death."

I uploaded my music video for a competition on Instagram... Please view, like and drop a comment. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get 12 Month Loan If I Am Self Employed? / Bleep God / Top Things To Look Out For When Buying A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.