Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article (1002 Views)

Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article / Illegal Border Crossings - Canadian Govt Takes Actions Against Nigerians / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by weyreypey: 8:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
Dear Canadian Govt, we’re ready to be stolen, Nigerians react to PUNCH article

Many Nigerian youths have expressed dissatisfaction with the situation of things in the country, saying they preferred to be ‘stolen’ by foreign countries, especially Canada.

The reaction followed an opinion article, published in The PUNCH on Wednesday.

The writer, Izere Imosemi, a lawyer, had described as alarming the rate at which skilled youths, well educated couples and professionals migrate to Canada, “where they are faced with uncertainties and regarded as second class citizens.”

Imosemi said many people left the country because they thought there was no future for their children and their potential was not being exploited.

The article has so far generated mixed reactions. Some Nigerian youths provided their home addresses so they could be “stolen” by Canada, while others said they wanted to be “stolen” along with their family members.

See the reactions as tweeted:

One Uncle Yemi wrote, “It is better (to be stolen) than to be preserved for endless poverty. Let the stealing continue. Face your political and religious leaders.”

One Aikigbe Augustina said, “Nigeria made it so. Who wants to be in a country that has no plans for the young people? Senators still determine how much they should pay themselves, while some have no food to eat. People are becoming fedup.”

That Shy AkwaIbom boy said, “Dear Canadian Govt. Am ready mbok. Can you come and steal me too?”

@Iperson_pikin said, “God when?” Am I the only one left unstolen?”

Kolonel, retweeting @punchng, wrote, “Never use the word ‘steal’ again. Canada is retrieving us. That’s what’s up.”

Oshindare Toyin said, “Canada, my availability to be stolen to your country is approved by God and man. Please, steal me without any baggage and I am done. Looking forward to your favorable response.”

Amaka said, “Which junction do they steal the youths please tell me let me go stand der 24/7.”

A user with the alias, Good vibes, gave his address with some descriptions for easy identification.

“I’m standing in front putting on a green shirt. Canada please come and steal me,” he added.

Raphael said, “Canada isn’t stealing your young people. Your young people are looking for places where older people give opportunity to younger people to achieve their dreams. We are tired of vision-less & greedy old people who don’t deserve respect.”

One Isaac Tagondi asked those interested in being stolen to retweet his post with a link to the PUNCH article.

Over 314 people had done so.

Sharing a personal experience on PUNCH Online, a reader with the name UK, said his life changed after he left the country.

He said, “This is like my story. I was a patriotic Nigerian and still is but had to leave the country when it dawned on me that my future and that of my three kids are not secured. I did not earn enough in Nigeria to send them to a private school in Nigeria and life was miserable for me who was well educated but without a good job. My wife was jobless for more than 6 years after graduation. I had no choice but to relocate to UK. Now my kids are reading medicine and law in the best universities in the world in the UK. I have a great job and my wife is a top banker in the fifth largest bank in the world. I still love Nigeria and have some investments there that I would not have in my dreams if I stayed in Nigeria unless I joined politics to steal and rob the masses.”

https://punchng.com/dear-canadian-govt-were-ready-to-be-stolen-nigerians-react-to-punch-article/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by weyreypey: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by weyreypey: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
weyreypey:
Dear Canadian Govt, we’re ready to be stolen, Nigerians react to PUNCH article

Many Nigerian youths have expressed dissatisfaction with the situation of things in the country, saying they preferred to be ‘stolen’ by foreign countries, especially Canada.

The reaction followed an opinion article, published in The PUNCH on Wednesday.

The writer, Izere Imosemi, a lawyer, had described as alarming the rate at which skilled youths, well educated couples and professionals migrate to Canada, “where they are faced with uncertainties and regarded as second class citizens.”

Imosemi said many people left the country because they thought there was no future for their children and their potential was not being exploited.

The article has so far generated mixed reactions. Some Nigerian youths provided their home addresses so they could be “stolen” by Canada, while others said they wanted to be “stolen” along with their family members.

See the reactions as tweeted:

One Uncle Yemi wrote, “It is better (to be stolen) than to be preserved for endless poverty. Let the stealing continue. Face your political and religious leaders.”

One Aikigbe Augustina said, “Nigeria made it so. Who wants to be in a country that has no plans for the young people? Senators still determine how much they should pay themselves, while some have no food to eat. People are becoming fedup.”

That Shy AkwaIbom boy said, “Dear Canadian Govt. Am ready mbok. Can you come and steal me too?”

@Iperson_pikin said, “God when?” Am I the only one left unstolen?”

Kolonel, retweeting @punchng, wrote, “Never use the word ‘steal’ again. Canada is retrieving us. That’s what’s up.”

Oshindare Toyin said, “Canada, my availability to be stolen to your country is approved by God and man. Please, steal me without any baggage and I am done. Looking forward to your favorable response.”

Amaka said, “Which junction do they steal the youths please tell me let me go stand der 24/7.”

A user with the alias, Good vibes, gave his address with some descriptions for easy identification.

“I’m standing in front putting on a green shirt. Canada please come and steal me,” he added.

Raphael said, “Canada isn’t stealing your young people. Your young people are looking for places where older people give opportunity to younger people to achieve their dreams. We are tired of vision-less & greedy old people who don’t deserve respect.”

One Isaac Tagondi asked those interested in being stolen to retweet his post with a link to the PUNCH article.

Over 314 people had done so.

Sharing a personal experience on PUNCH Online, a reader with the name UK, said his life changed after he left the country.

He said, “This is like my story. I was a patriotic Nigerian and still is but had to leave the country when it dawned on me that my future and that of my three kids are not secured. I did not earn enough in Nigeria to send them to a private school in Nigeria and life was miserable for me who was well educated but without a good job. My wife was jobless for more than 6 years after graduation. I had no choice but to relocate to UK. Now my kids are reading medicine and law in the best universities in the world in the UK. I have a great job and my wife is a top banker in the fifth largest bank in the world. I still love Nigeria and have some investments there that I would not have in my dreams if I stayed in Nigeria unless I joined politics to steal and rob the masses.”

https://punchng.com/dear-canadian-govt-were-ready-to-be-stolen-nigerians-react-to-punch-article/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Treasure17(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
What do you expect when the environment is not favourable. It choke people's dreams and desires. As long as you have a purpose and a legit means to survive at the other side, good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by MikeBetty(m): 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
This Is Why Both Past And Present Nigerian Political Leaders Deserve German Yam And Raw Egg Festival. A Country Blessed With Both Human And Natural Resources But Nothing To Show For It. To Add Insult To Injury, Our Leader Called Us Lazy Youths. They Should Tell Us = Why Our Students Performs Exceptionally Well Abroad. = Why Our Police Performs Excellently Abroad. = Why Youths Who Left The Shores Of This Country Succeeds Easily More Than Those In The Country. These And Many More Tempt Me To Say Nigeria Is Doomed To Fail. Its Heart Breaking.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by donbachi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
What were they expecting?..nigeria is a country with shady unhealthy,unfriendly,unsteady,unreliable and future killing policies...a country where family members still dresses a president...a country where you speak out,you get arrested and somebody will come and be telling us"we are the leaders of tomorrow"...na God go judge una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by EkunKekere: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
Please Canada should come to Ibadan and steal me. I don pack my bag dey wait for una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Nbote(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
I don't know who told d mumu person dat we are complaining.. D person pikin lost?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by nnaetobi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
buhari don finish nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by dangermouse(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
This can only happen when those chosen to lead are not up to the task.
Nigerians have never been this frustrated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Jobac: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
Lol. I will wait and eat the good of this land insha'Allah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Mizwisdom(f): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good, you guys should leave your jobs behind we will visit you soon on vacation cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Beautyaddy: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Good, you guys should leave your jobs behind we will visit you soon on vacation cheesy

I knew I would find you here.

Enemy of Progress! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by TJMighty(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dear Canadian Government, I'm willingly surrendering myself to you to come pick me out of this country to Canada. I promise to be of good behavior & a law abiding citizen. Thank you in anticipation....
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Mizwisdom(f): 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Canadian Govt, We’re Ready To Be Stolen, Nigerians React To PUNCH Article by Mizwisdom(f): 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Beautyaddy:

tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can I Go To Ghana Now And Stamp My Passport When The Border Is Closed? / Which Countries Are Currently In Lockdown? See Full List / Settlement Visa Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.