Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" (35195 Views)

Naira Marley: I Will Have Sex With Mother And Daughter Together One Day / Naira Marley: I Charge 20 Million For A Show - Singer Flaunts His Cars / Naira Marley: I Have Two Wives And Four Children, I’m Not A Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by titiloyeblog: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2019
Bob Marley’s son Ziggy Marley reveals he started smoking marijuana at 9 and his dad approved

Ziggy Marley, the son of late legendary Jamaican singer, Bob Marley has revealed he started smoking marijuana at the age of nine, with the blessing of his reggae legend father.

The 50-year-old, who followed in his father’s footsteps to become a musician is a Rastafarian like his father, who died in 1981 aged just 36.

He admitted he was ‘too young’ to start smoking the drug but said it was always a common thing in the Rastafarian culture.

‘Smoking marijuana wasn’t considered a bad thing in Rastafarian culture’, he told Reader’s Digest. ‘It wasn’t something to hide from the kids.

‘I can’t even remember when I had my first “spliff”, I was around nine. I was very young, too young.’

The singer admitted that if not for his father's blessing he wouldn't have started smoking at a young age.

‘I wouldn’t have let myself do it in my father’s place’, he explained.

But it was a part of our religion - we’re one of those ancient cultures with traditions that modern society wouldn’t accept.’

He explained that he didn’t smoke marijuana for ‘fun’ and instead used it to heighten his spirituality.

‘When I first consciously decided to smoke weed as a teenager, I approached it from a spiritual point of view’, he went on.

‘It’s given me more insight into myself and into my spirituality, and I use it as a form of influence when reading scriptures and books about spirituality. I use it to give me a different perspective so that my mind isn’t in the same place that it normally is. I turn into a shaman.

‘It was never just about getting high - I educated myself about it in terms of how Yogis in India use it and I went down that route with it, I didn’t go down the “fun” route.’

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/08/bob-marleys-son-ziggy-marley-reveals-he.html

13 Likes

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by igburugudu: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2019
his life

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by kolafolabi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Someone medulla oblongata don suffer.. Chai!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Sommydisaster(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
tongue

What do we expect, its already in the gene.......... Its a river flowing down the generations, so they must all swim through it grin grin

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Natoski5(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Let leave this topic for the elders in the house.... grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by czarina(f): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Where's Damian Marley BTW?

It's Friday, you need us to knead you. Check my profile smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by buygala(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Yeah....I get u Bro smiley

At age 5, I started playing 'Mummy and Daddy" with 4-year old Rosy with my mummy's consent ....

Only thing was...My mummy never knew me and Rosy were always offing pant behind GP tank grin

How at that age, we got to know that my weewee was to be put in her weewee is beyond me

I am very sure it was the Devil's work angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by MrWTF(m): 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Back then pop caught me smoking some pot. Damn!!! Was grounded for like eternity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Crack is whack
Coke's no joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Lamasta(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
titiloyeblog:

‘Smoking marijuana wasn’t considered a bad thing in Rastafarian culture’, he told Reader’s Digest.

When I first consciously decided to smoke weed as a teenager, I approached it from a spiritual point of view’, he went on.

‘It’s given me more insight into myself and into my spirituality, and I use it as a form of influence when reading scriptures and books about spirituality. I use it to give me a different perspective so that my mind isn’t in the same place that it normally is. I turn into a shaman.

‘It was never just about getting high - I educated myself about it in terms of how Yogis in India use it and I went down that route with it, I didn’t go down the “fun” route.’

The boy must be suffering from marijuana cyasis mentalostia mumunasis to be spewing the trash up there grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Simplyleo: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Of course a lion begets a lion.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by orunmila144: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
thats why you are mad. you left a gem like lauryn hill. too much weed done scatter ya head

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Yemisi Ajeojo
@Yemisi_Ajeojo

These stories of fraud affects all of us.

I applied for an accounting role with a charity in the UK during my placement year
One day, after I had complained that I wasn't given any accounting task to do, the manager who was Asian called me into his office and asked me...

"What are Nigerians known for?" "Without thinking, I said 'jollof rice"

He said No and then went on to give me a long lecture on how Nigerians are known for fraud and although he wanted me to be a part of the charity, he will not let me work directly with the money.

It was a few hours later on my way home that what had happened hit me. I remember crying all the way home and being so thankful that it was raining so people will not see me. Never had someone question my competence or integrity because of my nationality. I went on to do great work for the charity though. Managed their digital skills project, wrote bids and proposals that raised thousands of pounds within a short time as well as set up and managed other projects for the community. I was so good they offered me an extension after my contract was over. I was just never allowed to handle the money or records directly. I am heavily involved in enabling more young people leverage on the digital economy as an alternative to crime and unemployment. But how can they do so effectively when they have been stigmatized because of their nationality.

You can't even use your laptop in certain public places because they are not sure if you are using it to commit crime or not. While we are encouraging provision of knowledge and opportunities that will enable more people be productively engaged online as an alternative to crime, it is important that we also address the stigma that comes with being a Nigerian.I took on project to raise money to buy laptops and phones for students or people with digital skills who could not monetise their skill because of lack of resources.

Later I realised. "Yemi if you give these people these tools and do not provide the opportunities or guide them on how to get these opportunities, you have basically given them a tool for crime.".

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by francisduru: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Oh, man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Annymichaelz(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
what

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by ipobarecriminals: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
sad sad sad sad no wonder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Richdad50(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Jasseyfrd(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
When I first consciously decided to smoke weed as a teenager, I approached it from a spiritual point of view’, he went on.

Life is so so so beautiful in every angle grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Tumbulum: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
One of the best things created in this universe is marijuana.you can quote me anywhere

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by inoki247: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Omo Baba Oloja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by brownbib(m): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
THC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by airminem(f): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Teach your kids go morals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by joshjc(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Respect, Ziggy and darmien has been an inspiration to me for long time,

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Kenturkey048(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Weeed....spiritual highness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Kenturkey048(m): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Tumbulum:
One of the best things created in this universe is marijuana.you can quote me anywhere
you are making sense my brother.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by saintaustine(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
Clap for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Jasseyfrd(m): 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Weeed....spiritual highness

Spirituality by tuface

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Walehelt(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Meditate don't medicate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by Cousin9999: 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Europeans let their children drink wine at that age. Whites and Asians let them smoke cigarettes at that age.

Bob Marley was following a religion which uses the herb in the same way many traditional religions have used mind altering substances. He wasn't teaching his children to be substance abusers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by zac399: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2019
These are fastest plane in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ziggy Marley: "I Started Smoking Marijuana At 9 With My Dad's Consent" by lastempero: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
No wonder you danced that crazy dance when your dad died.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Continue To Deliver Hits — Davido Makes U-turn On Quitting Music / Yemi Alade Salutes Arase, IGP (Photos) / Foluke Daramola & Feminists Fight Dirty 4 Saying Men Shld Be Ahead Of Women(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.