Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! (2599 Views)

My Farming Project, 2022/2023 Farming Season / Benue Farmers 2021 Farming Season Let's Meet Up / The 2018/2019 Cassava Farming Season ( Cafas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by somehow: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2019
apakoso2020:
MARKETING PLAN FOR HARVESTED POTATOES.
My plan is to sell first five harvests in southwest,then the rest in South South(rivers,bayelsa and Akwa Ibom States)

Do you have the buyers already or just going organic with marketing?
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2019
somehow:

Do you have the buyers already or just going organic with marketing?
I already have 50% buyer
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
apakoso2020:
I will also be dropping a business plan for pepper(atarodo) business,buying in the southwest and selling in South South,this business is only for 2months .
Now to the business plan on pepper(atarodo)
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
A) Business description
Buying of atarodo from South Western Nigeria and sales in the South South
B)swot
: S-atarodo is not heavy,hence,can be easily transported
W-it is a perishable goods that must get to its destination within 72hours
O-very scarce in the South South,it is the fastest moving commodity in the market
T-no known threat
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
: C) business analysis Expenses : 12bags of atarodo at N7500/one=N90,000 Transport to and from Saki=N26,000 Feeding and miscellaneous=N6000 : Total; N122,000 Return on investment : 12bags of pepper at N13,000/bag in South South=N156,000 : Net profit per trip is : N156,000-N122,00 =N34,000 Twice a week trip is N68,000 Eight weeks trip is N544,000

1 Like

Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by whycee001(m): 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Promising thread
please where in osun did u secure the farm land I also need like 5 acres if the distance is not far to Oshogbo
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 5:07am On Aug 28, 2019
whycee001:
Promising thread
please where in osun did u secure the farm land I also need like 5 acres if the distance is not far to Oshogbo
ikire
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by PharoahIII: 7:49am On Aug 28, 2019
@ op what do you think of planting maize in akwa ibom on say 5 hectares next season to sell fresh?
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by whycee001(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2019
apakoso2020:
ikire
alryt thanks I wil get bk to you
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2019
PharoahIII:
@ op what do you think of planting maize in akwa ibom on say 5 hectares next season to sell fresh?
fresh maize market is very dicey,it is not constant as it is classified as a perishable goods,kindly look into direction of producing dry maize
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by PharoahIII: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2019
apakoso2020:
fresh maize market is very dicey,it is not constant as it is classified as a perishable goods,kindly look into direction of producing dry maize

[color=#006600][/color]

i dont like the idea of dry maize, i dont think its as profitable as people make it out to be. take for example 1 ha of fresh maize, from my understanding one can get between 50000-60000 cobs of maize, if sold at 6 for 100 one can make sales of between 800k to 1 million per hectare. Could you explain what you meant when you said it is dicey, im trying to make a logical decision
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
PharoahIII:

[color=#006600][/color]

i dont like the idea of dry maize, i dont think its as profitable as people make it out to be. take for example 1 ha of fresh maize, from my understanding one can get between 50000-60000 cobs of maize, if sold at 6 for 100 one can make sales of between 800k to 1 million per hectare. Could you explain what you meant when you said it is dicey, im trying to make a logical decision
if fresh maize is scarce say this year,it triggers more farmers to go into its production in the following year,that makes it a glut in the market,i have seen people throw away large quantities of fresh corn they brought to the market for sale because they couldn't sell it due to buyers lesser than production or vice versa,thats what I mean by being dicey,but I also believe life is a risk and I will never discourage you from taking one.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2019
apakoso2020:
if fresh maize is scarce say this year,it triggers more farmers to go into its production in the following year,that makes it a glut in the market,i have seen people throw away large quantities of fresh corn they brought to the market for sale because they couldn't sell it due to buyers lesser than production or vice versa,thats what I mean by being dicey,but I also believe life is a risk and I will never discourage you from taking one.
please can I still plant egusi this year
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by Mickolad(m): 11:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
Boss please keep this group update
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 1:06am On Sep 14, 2019
Mickolad:
Boss please keep this group update
ok ,I will
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by sellers4buyers(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2019
Pls keep updating us, we the young farmers are really learning.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by Josefoyeniyi: 11:53am On Sep 14, 2019
*STAKING OF PLANT*
One way to improve yield when cultivating vegetables is staking plants. Vegetables benefit a lot from staking and they also grow well. The process can be a little bit tedious but the end result is encouraging. You will see your crops blossoming and producing healthy fruits throughout the growing season. You can improvise and use any type of material you want. The most important thing is that the stakes should be sturdy and driven well into the ground so that they can support the weight of the fruiting plants. At least a foot or more of the stakes can be driven into the ground. Ensure that the support is strong enough to bear the weight of the fruit and can also withstand heavy winds or rain. There are lots of benefits of staking climbers. A little understanding of these benefits will encourage every gardener to consider the system instead of allowing crops to run on the ground.
*Benefit of Staking*
*1. Increase in yield*
The most important reason for staking crops is to increase yield. Studies carried out in different locations shows that growing crops vertically increases yield three times than when they are allowed to run on the ground.
*2. Maintain fruit quality*
A healthy fruit without blemishes attracts better price. That’s why gardeners will do anything to prevent their fruits from damages. Damages can occur when fruits are allowed to run on the ground. They are exposed to insect attacks and other creeping things.
*3. Disease-free plants*
Every gardener wish is to make sure their plants are free from diseases. This can be achieved by staking crops rather than allowing them to run on the ground. They can easily contract diseases when allowed to remain and run on the ground. But when they are raised up with stakes, they experience better air circulation which reduces the incidence and spread of diseases.
*4. Exposure to sunlight*
Crops like tomatoes need as much sun as they can possibly get during the day. And for such crops, staking exposes a greater part of the leaves’ surface to sunlight which they need to generate energy and grow well.
*5.Cultivate more crops in limited space*
There is no point looking for an extra piece of land to add to the one you have when you can simply double your yield. Staking allows you to utilize limited space well. There are many reasons to use stakes to grow plants. It makes harvesting, spraying, fertilizer application and watering easier. You can explore the various methods used in staking plants. You can also get creative but make sure the stakes are sturdy enough to support the weight of the fruits as they grow bigger in size.

Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by Jonnic1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2019
Thank you for taking the pains to share your experience with us. This is very kind and sacrificial of you. Please keep the information flowing. We, your mentees are learning. I have learned so much already especially on planning and analysis as enumerated by you above
Thank you so much
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2019
Jonnic1:
Thank you for taking the pains to share your experience with us. This is very kind and sacrificial of you. Please keep the information flowing. We, your mentees are learning. I have learned so much already especially on planning and analysis as enumerated by you above
Thank you so much
thanks for following,i have been so busy gathering for next season,still acquiring lands and selling tomatoes and peppers bought from South West,its filled with another dimension of experience, I will share this from next week by God's grace.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by Alberttahir: 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2019
good thread.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by okoroemeka(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2019
apakoso2020:
thanks for following,i have been so busy gathering for next season,still acquiring lands and selling tomatoes and peppers bought from South West,its filled with another dimension of experience, I will share this from next week by God's grace.
I got a call from a pepper dealer in mile 12 that it's ₦8k for a 25kg bag there,instead of planting multiple crops that may divide your attention why not face one like pepper and be supplying to the South south,my friend from nsukka sold one flour bag ₦21k at owerri from may-july.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
I got a call from a pepper dealer in mile 12 that it's ₦8k for a 25kg bag there,instead of planting multiple crops that may divide your attention why not face one like pepper and be supplying to the South south,my friend from nsukka sold one flour bag ₦21k at owerri from may-july.
thanks my brother,planting one crop and facing it might be frustrating,for instance,a 25kg okra was sold for 8k in Port Harcourt a month ago,it now sells for 3k ,it is safer to be optional when it comes to perishable goods,its a business that needs to be studied over time,so don't just hear pepper at that price and you run into conclusion,i relate these market to forex trading.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by okoroemeka(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2019
apakoso2020:
thanks my brother,planting one crop and facing it might be frustrating,for instance,a 25kg okra was sold for 8k in Port Harcourt a month ago,it now sells for 3k ,it is safer to be optional when it comes to perishable goods,its a business that needs to be studied over time,so don't just hear pepper at that price and you run into conclusion,i relate these market to forex trading.
you are dead right,now cucumbers that sold #4k a bag 3 weeks ago is now #2000-2500,even #1500,we have finished preparing 4 plots for cucumbers but we are delaying to plant next week,so we will be sure that rain will stop for almost 2-3 weeks before it will be harvested at November ending,so we can sell at least ₦4k a bag.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by REUBEN010(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2019
PharoahIII:

[color=#006600][/color]

Fresh maize marketing in Akwa Ibom is very profitable especially if the timing is right. If you CAN hit the major markets in the State by April, you will be winning a jackpot.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by REUBEN010(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2019
apakoso2020:
ikire
Good day Sir.
It's quite noble of you to create this thread in order to guide newbies. I hope to be joining you at Ikire early next year however, I have some concerns.
1. Is the land close to a natural water sources?
2. Is there availability of cheap labour?
3. How safe is the site from theft or cattle invasion?
Your kind response to the questions above will help with my decision making.
Thanks.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
REUBEN010:

Good day Sir.
It's quite noble of you to create this thread in order to guide newbies. I hope to be joining you at Ikire early next year however, I have some concerns.
1. Is the land close to a natural water sources?
2. Is there availability of cheap labour?
3. How safe is the site from theft or cattle invasion?
Your kind response to the questions above will help with my decision making.
Thanks.
let me answer your questions one by one;
we can arrange for a land closer to a river.
labour?, yes,although labour won't be a problem as machines would be mostly involved,this forum has helped my decision on machine acquisition.
security? the area has zero tolerance to cattle grazing and there hasn't be any history whatsoever of security threats,it has always been a peaceful arena.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by officialfestus(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
F
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by officialfestus(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
F means i am following
apakoso2020:
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
officialfestus:
F means i am following
ok

1 Like

Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
apakoso2020:
: C) business analysis
Expenses
: 12bags of atarodo at N7500/one=N90,000
Transport to and from Saki=N26,000
Feeding and miscellaneous=N6000
: Total;
N122,000
Return on investment
: 12bags of pepper at N13,000/bag in South South=N156,000
: Net profit per trip is
: N156,000-N122,00 =N34,000
Twice a week trip is N68,000
Eight weeks trip is N544,000
. Why buy from Saki to PH when the Saki Atarodo can't even go round in same Oyo State. If you know the number of Trailers load of Tomatoes and pepper which arrives from North to South you will know that you won't maximize profit when buying from Saki to South South, best place of purchase at a cheap price should be in the north.
Re: For Next Farming Season,lets Start Planning Now! by apakoso2020: 6:07am On Sep 30, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. Why buy from Saki to PH when the Saki Atarodo can't even go round in same Oyo State. If you know the number of Trailers load of Tomatoes and pepper which arrives from North to South you will know that you won't maximize profit when buying from Saki to South South, best place of purchase at a cheap price should be in the north.
good talk bro,but I think things are changing over there,come to saki axis and see even the abokis from the north buying tomatoes and peppers,the south west is really taking over!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Some Used Farm Equipment For Sale At Unbeatable Prices / The Cost Of A Bag Of Ugwu / Palm Oil Prices Has Dropped,buy Now Direct From Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.