Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? (628 Views)

Media Companies Bet On Rihanna's Pregnancy -she No Longer Smoke Weed Inside Stud / Pregnancy Miracle Guide - How To Get Pregnant Fast Naturally And Easy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by omonua85: 1:01am On Oct 24, 2010
In recent times, I hav noticed a growing rate of pregnant brides and in some cases pregnant "Hoping to be brides". I asked myself, Is getting pregnant a ticket to the alter? or is it a guarantee/evidence of love? I don't get it. Morals are crashing so bad, that it is becoming a norm to be pregnant before u are married. When i threw up this argument amongst a few peeps some said.

It's a confirmation of the woman's fertility.

Some parents make it a prerequisite to marrying their son.

It;s becoming hard to get pregnant while married , be cos one step mother of woman from the village will make sure u don't get pregnant.
And a whole lot more of excuses.

Isn't love meant to be the only bedrock of marriages? Shouldn't kids be a product of a marriage? Don't girls see themselves loosing their value by yielding? Is a child the reason we are getting married? Do some women really enjoy been taking advantage of? Judging by ones past, i hear some women need to get pregnant. but isn't that a confirmation that he isn't comfortable with your past and so shld not marry him? some girls also out of desperation to be married wld do anything, just anything.

I hope to be a father one day, and if I am blessed with a daughter. I wld not be comfortable with her getting pregnant and consequences of her action wld follow(if she does get herself pregnant).

Or What do u think could be responsible? and how can it be curbed, if u of course don't bliv in getting pregnant b4 marriage.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by Lawalemi(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2010
Moral decadence, expecially among female youth corp members.
Re: Pregnancy: A Prerequisite To Marriage? by atasteve: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. People need to start fearing God there is no shortcut to it.

Hebrews 13:4 " Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but LovePeddler-mongers and adulterers God will judge."

God frowns at premarital sex!!!

(1) (Reply)

Love Tips For Guys , / This Is A Newly Discovered Secret. / Advice For Moving Back To Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.