Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Wedding Advise Oo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Advise Oo (716 Views)

Make Una Help Me Beg These Guys To Release My Destiny Oo / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Advise Oo by Josephilemona(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
me I want to get married in two months ahead, but I can only afford traditional wedding alone, but her parents insist I must do all, but I can only afford traditional wedding and wife to be is supporting me, but her parents refuse.
Re: Wedding Advise Oo by madridguy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2019
Pulse with the wedding then.
Re: Wedding Advise Oo by Josephilemona(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
madridguy:
Pulse with the wedding then.
. I don't get you please
Re: Wedding Advise Oo by Acidosis(m): 3:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Make them understand you don't have the power to finance a western/white wedding. If they insist, they should fund it.
Re: Wedding Advise Oo by stepo707: 5:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Josephilemona:
I don't get you please
He meant postpone it or cancel it
Re: Wedding Advise Oo by Nigga44: 7:17am On Aug 25, 2019
What manner of parents are they? undecided

Should they be more concerned about the ceremony or the actual marriage itself?

Guy, if they no gree.....just get her pregnant. Na dem go beg las las

1 Like

Re: Wedding Advise Oo by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2019
Traditional wedding combined with registry is better...Explain better to the bride's family. But if they insist then you have to wait or they support the funding

1 Like

Re: Wedding Advise Oo by Lepetitechic(f): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2019
Tbh, I’ll never understand why people hype up ceremonies so much. Parents who should be more understanding due to experience are now putting unnecessary pressure on the couple. Whether trad or white the main act of marriage is the man leaving his family, committing to his wife before God(who is omnipresent) and man(family members and friends). It’s not the cake or the dress or even the rings. Everything else is cultural as it varies from place to place. Grand ceremonies are nice if you have the money and time for such, if not, then do what you can as long as you both are happy. Try to explain to your in laws, you and their daughter still have to feed after that day, if they don’t agree and would not be able to support you, then putting things on hold would be best. Goodluck to you.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Advise Oo by Kenoxman(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2019
U can do both same day.
Introduction & dowry payment on the eve of the wedding
White wedding in the morning
Traditional marriage immediately after service

1 Like

Re: Wedding Advise Oo by sisisioge: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
This should be simple fa.

Since they want church as well, then arrange to have everything same day. To do this, split the money budgeted for traditional into 2. Use one part for traditional and the other for church. If guest were to be 100 before, just reduce to 50.

Since they want shabby, let them have shabby. Whatever you do though, ensure you and your madam look far from shabby for the pictures. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Home Movies / Why Bring Others Down When You Have No Intention Of Helping Them / My Friend Broke Up Her 7 Years Engagement & Married By Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.