Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,286 members, 7,850,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Open Letter To President Buhari On The Best Way To Fight Unemployment In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To President Buhari On The Best Way To Fight Unemployment In Nigeria (269 Views)

Okoduwa Signs Pact With Italian Institute To Fight Unemployment, Hunger / Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Sanwo Olu Congratulates Buhari On His 79th Birth / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Buhari On The Best Way To Fight Unemployment In Nigeria by Famax(f): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Good afternoon Mr. President. I sincerely want to congratulate you for making it to second term in office at least to enable you solidify policies and programmes initiated by you and your team four years ago. This letter is my own humble submission to you on how you can fight unemployment in Nigeria. It may interest you to know that Nigeria currently is made up of 200 million people and Unemployment Rate in Nigeria increased to 23.10 percent in the third quarter of 2018 from 22.70 percent in the second quarter of 2018. Unemployment Rate in Nigeria averaged 12.31 percent from 2006 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 23.10 percent in the third quarter of 2018 (Trading Economics). If you ask me what does that mean, I will tell you sir, Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb. Our population here should have served as strength just like in China and other countries of the world but unfortunately is a weakness and problem to us as a Nation which has given birth to Insecurity, insurgency, kidnapping and so on. The differences between Nigeria and China is in area of policy implementation and execution to the fullest which has always been a reoccuring decimal. Sir, below are the best ways to solve this problem of Unemployment growth in Nigeria:

1. Restructure Nigerian Universities Curriculum: Is so unfortunate that in Nigerian Universities our current curriculum is structured in a way that "you have to concentrate on having good grades" before you can have a nice job after school. So as a result of this, most students don't engage in skill acquisition program during school because they see it as distraction from having a nice grade which they hope will fetch them job immediately after graduating from school and at end of the day, they get disappointed and depressed after staying for years without a job. Here, I will suggest to you Mr. President, to restructure the curriculum in such a way that when you enter school; your first two years in school should be about the course you want to have knowledge of, then, the last two years in school should center on Entrepreneurial Studies (practical) on area of interest excluding those in the medical field. Once the student is done with the programme, his or her school will have to certify and mobilize his or her name for the federal government of Nigeria to do the needful by providing half a million naira for each and everyone of them to stand on their own based on what they have learnt from the entrepreneurial practical studies Instead of mobilising them for NYSC. I bet you sir, once this is done and continually done, unemployment rate will drastically reduce because every Nigerian youth will get busy! and this should be applied to Npower volunteers too!

2. Providing incentives: There is need for the government at all levels to aggressively and assiduously work in providing 24 hours power supply. It may interest you to know that from my personal research, I got to know that reasonable number of graduates in Nigeria have what it takes to stand on their own but they can't afford to provide constant electricity for their dream self job. If you can be able to address this issue sir, your name will always be on everybody's lips just like in the case of Nelson Mandela of South Africa.

3. Sir, I also encourage you to ban those things that we can produce here in the country so as to provide bigger market for our graduates who are into agriculture already or planning to enter into agriculture and at the same time, man our porous borders effectively.

Finally, if all these stated above will be followed adequately, I promise you the population growth of Nigeria will serve as strength because everyone will be busy producing and getting paid just like in China.

Thank you!
Afamefuna Samuel
ogbette@gmail.com
Re: Open Letter To President Buhari On The Best Way To Fight Unemployment In Nigeria by hisgrace090: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
OK!
Re: Open Letter To President Buhari On The Best Way To Fight Unemployment In Nigeria by godofuck231: 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bubu is actually unemployed , if you doubt ask him

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Backtracks On Sack Of Service Chief Over Coup Fear / 10 Amazing Facts You Probably Haven't Heard Of / Flutterwave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.