Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

What Happening In Sport - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / What Happening In Sport (942 Views)

Strange Things Now Happening In Football / Manchester United Named The Most Valuable Team In Sport / Funny Great Moment Picture In Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happening In Sport by Suitain(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
Cesc Fabregas is targeting a ‘winning mentality‘ after putting all transfer talk behind him this season.
The Spain midfielder was linked with a £35million return to boyhood club Barcelona this summer but Arsenal refused to sanction the transfer.
Fabregas maintains he is satisfied with how this summer‘s saga ended, but feels the Gunners need to start picking up trophies after failing to win anything since their 2005 FA Cup triumph.
The talented midfielder, who is understood to have told Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger that he wanted to secure a move away earlier this summer, told radio station Cadena Cope: ”I maintain that I was right because (to play for Barcelona) is a dream I have had since childhood.
”The truth is that the coach (Wenger) is like a second father to me. I told him what I thought. There were difficult moments.
”In the end, when I spoke to Wenger he told me ‘no‘ - he was very emphatic, that the transfer was impossible.”
Fabregas, who is set to return from a hamstring injury against Birmingham on Saturday, added: ”I am satisfied for all parties. It wasn‘t to be and that‘s that, though in my head I keep thinking it could have been a good opportunity.
”But here (at Arsenal) I have everything. I am still happy. I am very comfortable here, I like the club, lead the team, play football.
”We just need to start winning titles because we have a wealth of quality. A winning mentality is missing.”
http://www.chimelem.blospot.com

(1) (Reply)

Official: Manchester United Sign Paul Pogba / Hazard Mocks Mourinho After Chelsea Win Against Burnley / Alltime Starting Eleven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.