Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Broworld Game Review - Douchebag Alert! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Broworld Game Review - Douchebag Alert! (1200 Views)

Virtual Realms Explored: PS5 VR Game Review / Battlefield 2042 Game (review-in-progress) Wat Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Broworld Game Review - Douchebag Alert! by Zouzer: 6:46am On Aug 27, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-CMhnowHzZ_Q/XWGeIByGz7I/AAAAAAAAAJ4/vdII8KkOU_s97ugVbrYjAL1GZ49o0t_zgCLcBGAs/s1600/Screenshot_2019-08-24-18-58-12.png[/img]
If you've noticed these days, android game developers come up with different games so as to fit in the 'gaming world'. This is exactly what the developers of Broworld is trying to do. Broworld is just another life simulator game.

Broworld is similar to one of my favorite life simulator game, DBag Beach Club, only that Broworld is kinda more fun and isn't that much ridiculous. It is disappointing that this game is not that adventurous as the developer has stated.

Before I jump into the review, let me briefly talk about the developer of Broworld. Broworld was developed by SPORE Productions. The make small indie games on tablets and smart phones. They have developed games like Crazy Egg ansd Spore cubes.

Storyline

The game is about you(whatever your character's name might be) doing whatever it takes to get your dream girl, Jennifer. In your noble quest, you will have to earn, flirt, fight, dress classically, and exercise your way to the top. That's just it, your hours or days of game play will be on this.

Gameplay

When you start the game, you customize and give your character a name, just like what you would do in any life simulator game. Then a short cut scene of you and two guys, Jo and Mike. These guys would introduce you to the 'douchebag' world.

So, your character is just one regular and jobless guy who lives with his grandmother and has a classy girl to be his crush and the only way to win her heart is by being a notorious douchebag.

After the short introduction, you get a text message message from your grandmother, saying she will be moving to Florida for the rest of the season and left you in charge of the house. This is where the game begins. There are four important things to take note in the game, they are: Self esteem, Doucheness, Muscle and Energy. Throughout the game, you work on these to complete the game.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-FubTfNwGWSc/XWGebrCUCMI/AAAAAAAAAKE/q1_9A4hGt0Yja1ttW5ZECgCHMvlGpix8gCLcBGAs/s1600/Screenshot_2019-08-24-18-59-48.png[/img]

Energy is the most important of all. This enables you to carry out moves in the game. You have a maximum energy of 100, for every action you take in the game, your energy decreases. The only way you can refill your energy is by eating food in your house. For you to eat, you have to blend your food. You have your own recipe and you must mix it together in the blender in the correct order. If you don't put it in the correct order, your energy will be boosted by 15 instead of 33.

Doucheness is the main thing you are working towards for the completion of the game. Your aim is to get your doucheness to level 75 as a requirement to be able to date Jennifer. There are ways you can increase your doucheness. The first is by flirting with girls. The higher the number of girls you flirt with, the higher your doucheness level goes up.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-KuPC89Zd7Uo/XWGebuRkNBI/AAAAAAAAAKA/8Rxbvf7YYG0JCRNO5BGx7JfI7e8P8sA3wCLcBGAs/s1600/Screenshot_2019-08-24-19-00-13.png[/img]

Flirting with girls is somehow fun in the game. Before you can flirt, you have to meet a girl's requirement or interest such as a tanned skin, clothes, cars, muscle, etc. And also, after you've met her interest, it is time to get her to your house but before that, you would be given a mini game, if you pass the mini game, you are alright, but if you fail it, it means the girl has fallen in love with you, which is terrible because the next time you flirt with another girl, she would block your chances which would reduce your self esteem and you would eventually lose the girl you are trying to flirt with. What I find funny is you can't flirt with your shirts on on the beach.

Flirting at times can be annoying. A girl's interest might have a lesser worth than what you have and she will still reject you. I once put on a shirt worth $4000 and and the girl's interest was a shirt worth $1000, she rejected me. It was so annoying.

Also, flirting is interrupted at times when you are given a task to carry out. For instance, at the beach, you might be periodically called by Jo or Mike to 'silence' and show-off other dudes causing trouble. If you don't, you won't be able to flirt with girls at that location. To be able to complete these objectives at times, you need to have be superior in a way such as having a stronger and higher muscle.

Another way of increasing your doucheness is by fighting other douchebags, yeah! I really like this one. For you to successfully beat up other guys, you have to do workouts frequently which would increase your muscle. I have picked up a fight with 62 douchebags and I won all the fight. Sometimes, before you can flirt with a girl, if she has a boyfriend he might challenge you and if you lose, you won't get the girl. At times doucheness also increases when buy stuffs for yourself, your crib or your car. Increasing you doucheness helps unlock other recipes for refilling your energy. Whenever your doucheness bar is filled, new stuffs will be available to purchase at the mall.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2vzgBHJmkvg/XWGecYPPd6I/AAAAAAAAAKM/jfoKW7tlTqUN3MsBTMN91w6nZLwJxarEACLcBGAs/s1600/Screenshot_2019-08-24-19-00-21.png[/img]

The delivery time when you buy something from the mall is pointless. When you go to the mall to buy stuffs for your house or gym equipment for yourself, you will have to wait for minutes or even hours before it is delivered to your house.

I really don't get the developer's idea on self esteem. Anyway, self esteem is what enables you to flirt with girls. The only way to get self esteem is by buying stuffs for your house. Remember you live in your grandma's house and it is small, how many stuffs do you have to buy for your house to replenish your self esteem? The only time you would get a new house is when your doucheness level gets to 15. I had to keep on buying and disposing stuffs. It was very annoying.

And then you have muscle. At the beginning of the game, you are only given $30 to start with. You are to get tanning cans with it which cost $20. The tanning cans are your first gym equipment. I personally advise you to do workouts at least twice in every hour. Remember I stated above that I beat up other dudes, the only secret to that is daily workout. Although, you have 10 seconds to do 5 dumbbell lift. You can do it repeatedly but remember, 10 energy point is removed for each workout.

I think muscles are somehow important. I noticed that girls at the beach mostly like guys with strong muscle and tanned skin. Tanning is expensive though, costs around $5000 and some annoying girls will still say your skin isn't tanned enough. Just as a reminder, higher muscles also makes fights easier. If you don't play the game for a while, your muscle decreases, so you have to be on it frequently.

Earning money in this game is easy. The first job you get is from your grandmother paying you $2 for running errands, not really errand though. So, your first job's pay is $2, all you have to do is just click and click within the time range of 10 seconds. Each time you have finished working, a progress bar reads, when this progress bar is filled, a new job is unlocked. The more new jobs are unlocked, the higher the pay. Sounds easy, right? You get a notification hourly to come and work.

Graphics is poor

Both the douhebags and the the girls, especially Jenifer, Cindy and Mindy, looks ugly. Jo and Mike looks are even worse. Apart from the dressing, there is no difference between your character when he started his journey and now that he is a douchebag. The developers would have done a great job if they make improvements to the graphics.

Small map

The map of Broworld is really small, considering the fact that it is a life simulator. The only locations in the game is a beach, a club, three houses and the mall. The bank isn't part of the gameplay, so it is excluded. The only location that his available to the player at the beginning of the game is your house, the mall and the beach. Some locations will be unlocked after meeting a new character such as meeting Cindy and Mindy will unlock the club and a new house will be unlocked, but only after you have attain certain doucheness level. The only buildings left is a mansion and a penthouse, which will be unlocked only after you have gotten rid of Jo. That is too little for a life simulator.

Is it worth playing?

Well, if you are looking for a fun life simulator game, then you should go for Broworld. Download it on Google Play Store now.

(1) (Reply)

New Controls For Performing Skill Moves In PES2020 Mobile / How Much Does It Cost To Install Game On PS3 Console. / Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Vs Cod4:Modern Warfare 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.