Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) (17580 Views)

Pictures Of Innoson Manufacturing Plant In Nnewi, Anambra / MIMSHAC-MERKAVIM: First Vehicle Plant In South-South Nigeria Nears Completion / Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by traihit: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
Everything I'm reading on this thread is just breaking my heart. Not just because Nigeria is in shambles, not just because irrespective of tribe, religion and geographical differences, we are all being victimized by failed leadership but because this thread is full of intellectual minds dishing out ideas that seem handy and really progressive. Yet, we're being led by those who are only hungry for power and monetary gains. When are we going to get it in this country?
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by myfan: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
This is sad. Isn't more reason these kind of people should stop ruling us? Buhari obviously has nothing to offer.
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by lonelydora: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nukilia:

May your days be long... grin

Karid! Peter I know, Paul I know, who are our?
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by gabicon: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2019
ZombieDestroyer:

BULLSHIT!!

This is how zombies think! And this is why this country has remained like a this!

Who told you it is only Ghanaians that would be buying the Toyota cars from the proposed Assembly?! Toyota is widely acceptable product in West Africa, so locating their Assembly in West Africa will definitely reduce the cost of their cars and will automatically attract a lot of West African Countries importing the cars into their countries!!

First and foremost let's not resort to names calling, nobody is a zombie, we are just expressing our views on a subject matter.

Let me let you in on an occurrence, do you know that Toyota wanted to create an assembly plant during GEJ's era through Elizade motors? Guess what the man refused and opted for the creation of an education institution which is known today as Elizade University.

The vaswani brothers started assembling Nissan cars as far back as 2013, this year alone, no vehicle has come out of their plant.

About 4 years ago Volkswagen said they were reviving their assembly plant, where is the plant today?

Why are these things happening. Because Nigeria is not a market for new cars, we need to understand that these companies are not charities they are businesses that thrive on economies of scale, selling 500 cars a year won't cut it.

It would be a business tragedy if Toyota comes to join their competition who are struggling.

There is a reason why most Toyota cars coming into west Africa comes from South Africa, there is a market for new vehicles in South Africa and that market can sustain the company the rest filtering into other parts of Africa is what we refer to as Jara, the outbound figures are not stable, they fluctuate, hence they are not reliable statistics for planning.

I can bet it that the plant in Ghana will never be built, MOU is not a contract, or better still let's me put it this way time will tell.
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by gabicon: 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2019
seniwellsFX:
Unfortunately, you are making zero economic sense with this statement of yours. I guess you are trying to shift blame from lame buhari by saying this trend started 20years ago. Do you know the cost of shipping a new or used car from overseas to nigeria? Do you know the cost, corruption and other unnecessary delays just a clear that car from our ports? Now if the said car is assembled in Nigeria, all of those cost won't be payed by the end user.making the said car more affordable. Individually, Nigerians are more than capable in buying new card in as much as the prices are not inflated due to external factors.

Sir, the parts of the car will be brought in from overseas through our same ports, they will experience same fright cost, customs charges, customs delay. All we are doing is puting the individual parts together, if we are not careful it may even be more than the cost overseas.

The average cost of a Toyota Yaris is $15k-18k it doesn't go any lower than that, do the conversion.
go find out how much innoson sells his cars or how much assembled Ford's are sold, ordinary Kia Rio tear rubber is 7million. How many Nigerians can afford to drive 7million naira car? It's not about inflated prices it's about purchasing power.

In 2016 there was a report that said 90% of monies in the bank is owned by 2% of the customer is it that the others hide monies in their matress? This is what doesn't make us a strategic market the resources are unevenly spread.

Reference
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic/amp/
Re: TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) by Zofvizuals(m): 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Haaaa! APC adamant Govt& follows are just still fighting corruption while big opportunity is passing them by

Simply put , Naija will soon start the importation of toyota corolla from GHANA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Gives Reasons For Drivers License Issuance Problems / Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? / 7 Tech-filled Cars That Were Unveiled At The 2018 Monterey Car Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.