Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,338 members, 7,864,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja (28408 Views)

Mobile Policemen Brutalize Man For Blocking Their Van With G-Wagon In Owerri / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite / SARS Officers Being Mocked After Their Van Broke Down In EKSU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
i guess you did not read the story ? they said he crossed in front of a police van and was walking slowly instead of running. basically he was jaywalking and not only was he jaywalking but he was taking his merry time while jaywalking grin

The story said he walked past in front of their van. Nowhere did it say he crossed.

Moreover, I have just watched the video and I can see the van parked in front of a zebra crossing.

I don't see how the story reads that the man jaywalked.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

The story said he walked past in front of their van. Nowhere did it say he crossed.

Moreover, I have just watched the video and I can see the van parked in front of a zebra crossing.

I don't see how the story reads that the man jaywalked.
as you quoted ' he walked in front of their van ' . how do you walk in front of a van that is on the road ?
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
as you quoted ' he walked in front of their van ' . how do you walk in front of a van that is on the road ?

I am talking about what I watched.

But the story did not say that much. You can walk in front of a patrol car that is not on the road. Some patrol cars are packed beside the road with the Vans facing the road and people passing to and fro in front of it.

So, from the story, it is hard to conclude that he was jaywalking. How you reached that conclusion based on the story is beyond me.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

I am talking about what I watched.

But the story did not say that much. You can walk in front of a patrol car that is not on the road. Some patrol cars are packed beside the road with the Vans facing the road and people passing to and fro in front of it.

So, from the story, it is hard to conclude that he was jaywalking. How you reached that conclusion based on the story is beyond me.

what you watched is the guy getting smacked around. but the way the story is written, it is obvious what happened. the guy is probably stressed and tired from walking in the sun and he lazily crossed the street not knowing its a police car he is crossing in front off. its all common sense. put two and two together from how the story is written. no be everything dem dey take mouth talk
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by judgementyard(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2019
byrron:

I'm beginning to doubt if this will ever happen considering the fact that Nigerians have consistently passed through the wall when pushed to the wall instead of turning around and confront their aggressors.
You've got a valid point
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by judgementyard(m): 1:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
[quote author=DrObiHogan post=81783672]
Police has automatic firearms, wi u fight them with Awka made or bare hands?[/quot ue]
The matter tire me seff
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
what you watched is the guy getting smacked around. but the way the story is written, it is obvious what happened. the guy is probably stressed and tired from walking in the sun and he lazily crossed the street not knowing its a police car he is crossing in front off. its all common sense . put two and two together from how the story is written. no be everything dem dey take mouth talk

Inconsistency, bro

Probability and common sense don't work well together in matters like this.

The story says he walked in front of their van, rather than run. If he had run, would it have been less of a jaywalk?
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Inconsistency, bro

Probability and common sense don't work well together in matters like this.

The story says he walked in front of their van, rather than run. If he had run, would it have been less of a jaywalk?

you are making no sense. i am sure he was not beaten because the police were bored and thought beating up a guy will cure their boredom
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by mysticwarrior(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Something really needs to be done about police brutality in this country.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
you are making no sense . i am sure he was not beaten because the police were bored and thought beating up a guy will cure their boredom

Neither are you.

There may be more to this story. And yes, if you know the Nigerian police, you would know they could even kill you for no reason.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 2:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Neither are you.

There may be more to this story. And yes, if you know the Nigerian police, you would know they could even kill you for no reason.

now you are just being ridiculous. well i will defer to what the story says which is he was walking slowly as he crossed in front of the police cars instead of running. thats what the story says and that is what it is until you can prove otherwise
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by Youthleader22(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2019
Una never see anything yet. You all should keep celebrating police and EFCC for arresting boys. Dem go soon start to kill una.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
now you are just being ridiculous. well i will defer to what the story says which is he was walking slowly as he crossed in front of the police cars instead of running. thats what the story says and that is what it is until you can prove otherwise

And was he beaten for walking slowly in front of their van or for not running?

According to the story, he was beaten for not running. Does running nullify the crime of jaywalking?

If it doesn't, then you shouldn't have mentioned jaywalking in the first instance.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

And was he beaten for walking slowly in front of their van or for not running?

According to the story, he was beaten for not running. Does running nullify the crime of jaywalking?

If it doesn't, then you shouldn't have mentioned jaywalking in the first instance.
well if he ran he may be forgiven for the crime of jaywalking but walking slowly just infuriates people behind the wheels. african americans are notorious for doing this in america. they start jaywalking and start walking very slowly wasting your time.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by BluntBoy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
well if he ran he may be forgiven for the crime of jaywalking but walking slowly just infuriates people behind the wheels. african americans are notorious for doing this in america. they start jaywalking and start walking very slowly wasting your time.

Is the law now based on what reaction a crime draws?

Bro, this is Nigerian police. Leave jaywalking for American police. A Nigerian police can beat you up for even looking good. That is how ridiculous it gets.

Seems like you don't live in this country that was why you even wondered if police can beat anyone up out of boredom.

Have you seen a typical raid before? When some policemen will just put their vans on the road and start picking up random people to take to their station.

So, yes, Nigerian policemen can beat you up out of boredom.

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
BluntBoy:

Is the law now based on what reaction a crime draws?

Bro, this is Nigerian police. Leave jaywalking for American police. A Nigerian police can beat you up for even looking good. That is how ridiculous it gets.

Seems like you don't live in this country that was why you even wondered if police can beat anyone up out of boredom.

Have you seen a typical raid before? When some policemen will just put their vans on the road and start picking up random people to take to their station.

So, yes, Nigerian policemen can beat you up out of boredom.

everything you wrote is irrelevant. this story here is narrated by an eyewitness. the eyewitness said the man was walking slowly when he crossed in front of a police car, so they came down and flogged him. eyewitness report.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by mechanics(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
They should go and flog BH like that, they just like showing force but when they are disciplined they will be remoseful.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by Proffdada: 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
Same thing once happened to me. I was assaulted for not greeting. Uniformed animals!
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by egobetatoday: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
passyhansome:
Tomorrow now when Boko do what they do best, they will want us to sympathize with them nawaooooo
No mind them. or when soldier deal with them now they will want us to sympathize with them . Yeye people
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2019
Like I have said many times, our police need training upon training. Unfortunately in Nigeria, ogas will amass training for themselves and their own. Collect estacode and other allowances that go with training and travel. The ones that really need it will never get it.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
everything you wrote is irrelevant. this story here is narrated by an eyewitness. the eyewitness said the man was walking slowly when he crossed in front of a police car, so they came down and flogged him. eyewitness report.

Oga, the eyewitness did not say that the man crossed. You are putting your words in his mouth. Eyewitness said " he walked pass the front of their vehicle".
That said, are you supporting police brutality or what? Is it not criminal to attack any human being with sticks and bats? Is that the lawful penalty for whatever crime or offence?

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
glowingflame7:

Oga, the eyewitness did not say that the man crossed. You are putting your words in his mouth. Eyewitness said " he walked pass the front of their vehicle".
That said, are you supporting police brutality or what? Is it not criminal to attack any human being with sticks and bats? Is that the lawful penalty for whatever crime or offence?
how do you walk pass the front of someones vehicle if you are not crossing it ? abi ENGLISH is now hard to understand among nigerians ?
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
how do you walk pass the front of someones vehicle if you are not crossing it ? abi ENGLISH is now hard to understand among nigerians ?

Crossing the road you said. Stay on your point. Is that the punishment, flogging with a bat all over, a gun in hand and kicks?

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
glowingflame7:

Crossing the road you said. Stay on your point. Is that the punishment, flogging with a bat all over, a gun in hand and kicks?
well they said he was walking very slowly. thereby wasting the policemens time. so they beat his ass
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
well they said he was walking very slowly. thereby wasting the policemens time. so they beat his ass

Who are the "they" that said so? How slowly or fast are we to walk at the sight of police vehicles? Is there a law broken by speed of walk? Is it right for police to beat an unarmed civilian continuously with bat and kicks, and a gun in hand? They beat his assistant, head,legs and very soul.

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2019
glowingflame7:

Who are the "they" that said so? How slowly or fast are we to walk at the sight of police vehicles? Is there a law broken by speed of walk? Is it right for police to beat an unarmed civilian continuously with bat and kicks, and a gun in hand? They beat his assistant, head,legs and very soul.
the they is the eyewitness. and i would advice you to walk very fastly if you are crossing the road in front of any cars to prevent from holding the traffic up. in fact i would advice you to run and not walk.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by Wetlands22: 5:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Na lie!!!!
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
the they is the eyewitness. and i would advice you to walk very fastly if you are crossing the road in front of any cars to prevent from holding the traffic up. in fact i would advice you to run and not walk.

I read and read again, I can't find where the eyewitness said he walked slowly or jaywalked. I'll quote again, point it out. "According to the eye witness, the police officers were seen assaulting the man just because he walked pass the front of their vehicle instead of running,today,at wuse market, Abuja."
He walked past their parked vehicle. Their vehicle was parked. Notwithstanding, you skipped my questions. Instead you are giving advice. I guess you are part of the system.
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
glowingflame7:

I read and read again, I can't find where the eyewitness said he walked slowly or jaywalked. I'll quote again, point it out. "According to the eye witness, the police officers were seen assaulting the man just because he walked pass the front of their vehicle instead of running,today,at wuse market, Abuja."
He walked past their parked vehicle. Their vehicle was parked. Notwithstanding, you skipped my questions. Instead you are giving advice. I guess you are part of the system.
According to the eye witness, the police officers were seen assaulting the man just because he walked pass the front of their vehicle instead of running
so when you are crossing the road you are supposed to run. unless it is an empty street with no cars passing. and seeing as we had an eye witness in a car and a police car I am assuming this was a busy street he was walking casually on
Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by glowingflame7: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
orunmila144:
so when you are crossing the road you are supposed to run. unless it is an empty street with no cars passing. and seeing as we had an eye witness in a car and a police car I am assuming this was a busy street he was walking casually on

Wow and wow. You can assume for Africa. There is no law or crime or speed for crossing the road. No eyewitness said the man crossed the road. YOU said that. The eyewitness said he walked past the police vehicle. Is it right for police to beat an unarmed civilian continuously with bat and kicks, and a gun in hand? They beat his ass, head,legs and very soul. What is wrong is wrong. The police men were wrong and should be told and punished.

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Brutalize Man For Walking While Passing Their Van In Abuja by orunmila144: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2019
glowingflame7:

Wow and wow. You can assume for Africa. There is no law or crime or speed for crossing the road. No eyewitness said the man crossed the road. YOU said that. The eyewitness said he walked past the police vehicle. Is it right for police to beat an unarmed civilian continuously with bat and kicks, and a gun in hand? They beat his ass, head,legs and very soul. What is wrong is wrong. The police men were wrong and should be told and punished.
obviously you have comprehension problems. WALKED PASS IN FRONT OF is what eyewitness said. and if you live in a country where the police men are crazy it would be in your best interest to obey all the laws. let me tell you a story about myself many years ago. I did the exact same thing this man did. police men approached me and made me do frog jump for 30 minutes by the side of the road. I am speaking to you from experience here. i was lucky they didnt beat me but i would have taken his beating over my 30 minutes frog jump because i couldnt walk for many hours after that 30 minutes frog jump in the hot sun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50-year-old Man Jailed For Life For Raping A 19-month-old Baby In South Africa / 37-year-old Man Found Dead In A River In Ibadan (Disturbing Photos) / House Of Kidnap Couple Destroyed In Imo Community By Youths. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.