Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Barcelona Star Unhappy At Referee’s Decision To Award Late Penalty As La Liga - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Star Unhappy At Referee’s Decision To Award Late Penalty As La Liga (674 Views)

Messi Hits Out At Referee, Says 'He Does It On Purpose' As Argentina Struggles / Clement Lenglet In Tears After Foul Caused Late Penalty In Draw (Photo, Video) / Referee Orosco Sparks Chaos After Using Fake VAR To Award Penalty (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Star Unhappy At Referee’s Decision To Award Late Penalty As La Liga by star9jamedia: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2019
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has lashed out at the referee for awarding a late penalty to Osasuna which saw them equalise against the defending La Liga champions in the 81st minute.
Barcelona were pegged back in the 7th minute of the match through Roberto Torres’s strike but 16-year-old Ansu Fati equalised for the Catalan giants six minutes into the first half. Substitute Arthur Melo then gave the visitors the lead but a late penalty saw Osasuna save a point.
The ball had struck Pique’s hands, and referee awarded the penalty according to the new rules. Even though Video Assistant Referee had a look at the incident, the decision wasn’t reversed. The Spanish defender was clearly unhappy with the decision and slammed the referee after the match.
“For me, it was not a penalty. No way should it have been given as the situation was an accident. The ball did hit me on the hand, but I was a very short distance and could do nothing about it. My hand was in a natural position while jumping for the ball.
“I do not understand the referee’s decision,” he said after the match.

[url]https://www.9jastarmedia.com/2019/08/barcelona-star-unhappy-at-referees.html?m=1[/url]

Re: Barcelona Star Unhappy At Referee’s Decision To Award Late Penalty As La Liga by OTayobami(m): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2019
Nothing concerns me, wetin concern me na that boy Ansufati 16 wey don dey play pro football and not just at any club but barça?? And i still dey here? Chai! I refuse to come Nigeria in my next life

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Apologises To This Tottenham Star After First Half Substitution / Christian Eriksen Lands In Italy For Medical Ahead Of Inter Milan Move / 7 Unknowns Facts About Samuel Chukwueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.