Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

7 Or 10 Inches - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 7 Or 10 Inches (601 Views)

Hp Pavilion G7 17.3 Inches 4gb Ram, 500gb Hard Disk Uk Used For Sale / New 10 Inches Android Tablet For Sale With White Keyboard Case / Cheap 10 Inches Mini Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Or 10 Inches by Chxta(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
Last week, Apple's boss, Steve Jobs, ridiculed the seven-inch tablets, which are poised to become the next thing in the computer market. Mr. Jobs said, "seven-inch tablets are tweeners, too big to compete with a smart phone and too small to compete with the iPad. The current crop of seven-inch tablets are going to be dead on arrival."

When someone who has more or less been single-handedly responsible for revolutionalising the smartphone industry speaks, you must listen. Again, his 10-inch product has sold almost eight million units since its launch less than a year ago. So, he must be on to something.

But before we go on, a disclaimer here. I disagree with Mr. Jobs, and I will explain. First, we must define what a tablet is, and why Mr. Jobs' comments are very important.

2011 is the year of the tablet. A "tablet" is a computer contained entirely in a flat touch screen that uses the fingers or a stylus as the primary input device in the place of a keyboard or mouse. It is a generally accepted precept in computing that there is a functional wasteland which manufacturers are struggling to fill because it is potentially very lucrative. This functional wasteland is the void between full productivity and pocketability.

Read the rest,
Re: 7 Or 10 Inches by flyuche(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
i have a very portable 11.6" laptop, a 4.3" touch screen smart phone, what do i possibly need a 10" or 7" tablet for?

(1) (Reply)

Browse Mtn Internet And Other Connections Cheap. / Customize Google.com With Your Name And Picture / Get A Website Today For Just N3000 Per Annum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.