Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,338 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A (31624 Views)

Pogba Does The CHOP PALLIATIVE Dance As He Scores For France / Coutinho Compounds Barcelona Humiliation After He Scores Twice For Bayern / Messi: Ronaldo Is A Predatory Striker And It's Only Normal When He Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by ogbiwa: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2019
Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku was racially abused by Cagliari fans as he scored from the penalty spot to give his club a 2-1 victory in Serie A.

He is the latest black player to suffer abuse from Cagliari fans, prompting calls for action to be taken.

Lukaku, 26, stood and stared at fans behind the goal - where monkey chants had come from - after scoring.

"Cagliari have history for this," said European football's anti-discrimination body Fare.

The fans' actions were condemned by Inter defender Milan Skriniar in a post-match interview. "There are things that must not be in football," he said, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

However, when Inter boss Antonio Conte was asked about the chants, he said: "I really didn't hear anything from the bench. However, it is true that in general in Italy more education is needed."

Belgium international Lukaku, a £74m signing from Manchester United in the summer, was playing in his second game for Conte's side at Cagliari's Sardegna Arena.

Last season Everton's Moise Kean suffered similar abuse when playing against Cagliari for Juventus.

But the incident became a bigger issue when Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri and defender Leonardo Bonucci appeared to suggest Kean should take some of the blame for the way he celebrated scoring a goal.

Serie A decided not to sanction Cagliari for their fans' racism - despite admitting their actions were "reprehensible".

The previous year Cagliari fans were called out after abusing another Juventus player in Blaise Matuidi - but Italian football chiefs did not take any action.

In 2017, Pescara midfielder Sulley Muntari walked off the pitch after being racially abused by Cagliari fans - but was subsequently banned by football authorities for his protest.

Cagliari was heavily criticised on its social media channels but the club has not yet addressed Sunday's abuse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49546433

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Jossyroyal1: 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
cry

I don't know what to say but what is not good is not good...

2 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Heman7(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Good for him
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Dreambeat: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
I think he should expect more of this as the season goes by.Italian football is the den of racism

22 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by nemelu123(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by wickedtuna: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Is the one who makes the monkey chant not the true monkey?

60 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Rexnegro(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Indeed some players need to move to go do well where they are used correctly. Too bad for United

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Mutecgold92(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Kk
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by phollybee(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
They shud just live by the Abuse .. If you can't, stop playing football in Europe.. Come and play for Enugu rangers, Eyinmba of Aba and other black Professional leagues, they are team full of Blackman

10 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Zimmermann(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
I'm tired of all these racism whining from we blacks!!! Don't we look like monkeys Are monkeys anything other thing other than animals The whole idea of an abuse/altercation in the heat of passion is it not to get at one's temper Why must we play the race card all the time....Can you lecture your abuser how not to abuse you grin Lol

What about thinking about a Caucasian-looking animal to abuse the whites with I mean...Gollum, an ork or something angry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Bacteriophage: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Rexnegro:
Indeed some players need to move to go do well where they are used correctly. Too bad for United
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Rexnegro(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Heman7:
Good for him
How is that good for him? If he's your brother will you say same thing

8 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by anonymous1759(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by hisexcellency34: 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
who cares> as long as he scores and makes his dough
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by pyro62(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
If them yab you, yab them back.. If they call you a monkey, it doesn't make you a monkey. If you can't get them to like you, then get them to respect you.

6 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by anonymous1759(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by MrColdsweat: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
English fans and English media are the number one enemy of the league. They are ruthless to foreigners. If you underperform in one game, they write articles and slam you.

You'll never see any media outlet talking about how poor lingard is... You'll never see any media outlet talking about how kane dives everytime.

But they'll constantly slam pogba... They'll constantly talk about how salah dives...

That was why sarri and morata had to run away...

5 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Flier: 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2019
And now that world are having more interest in Serie A those foool want to destroy it

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by SPENCERD(m): 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
ogbiwa:
Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku was racially abused by Cagliari fans as he scored from the penalty spot to give his club a 2-1 victory in Serie A.

He is the latest black player to suffer abuse from Cagliari fans, prompting calls for action to be taken.

Lukaku, 26, stood and stared at fans behind the goal - where monkey chants had come from - after scoring.

"Cagliari have history for this," said European football's anti-discrimination body Fare.

The fans' actions were condemned by Inter defender Milan Skriniar in a post-match interview. "There are things that must not be in football," he said, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

However, when Inter boss Antonio Conte was asked about the chants, he said: "I really didn't hear anything from the bench. However, it is true that in general in Italy more education is needed."

Belgium international Lukaku, a £74m signing from Manchester United in the summer, was playing in his second game for Conte's side at Cagliari's Sardegna Arena.

Last season Everton's Moise Kean suffered similar abuse when playing against Cagliari for Juventus.

But the incident became a bigger issue when Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri and defender Leonardo Bonucci appeared to suggest Kean should take some of the blame for the way he celebrated scoring a goal.

Serie A decided not to sanction Cagliari for their fans' racism - despite admitting their actions were "reprehensible".

The previous year Cagliari fans were called out after abusing another Juventus player in Blaise Matuidi - but Italian football chiefs did not take any action.

In 2017, Pescara midfielder Sulley Muntari walked off the pitch after being racially abused by Cagliari fans - but was subsequently banned by football authorities for his protest.

Cagliari was heavily criticised on its social media channels but the club has not yet addressed Sunday's abuse.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49546433

Lukaku should come to Nigeria so that we tell him names he should be calling those White pigs,infidels.italians are rascals who don't deserve to be in a football event.stupid oyibo people that will always behave like red � pig
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Buffalo2(m): 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
He should use Okocha's method to "abuse" them back. In one interview with Teju baby face, Okocha said he thought of a "legal" way to racially "abuse" the Germans so he started dribbling them so tay some of them chop grasses. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by caprini1: 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
phollybee:
They shud just live by the Abuse .. If you can't, stop playing football in Europe.. Come and play for Enugu rangers, Eyinmba of Aba and other black Professional leagues, they are team full of Blackman
Abuse is part of football ,like it or not......i,ve gone to local stadia ,i,ve played the game,and i,ve heard and also called others unprintable things.
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by baratech: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
It's bad
Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by RealGOAT: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
No wonder he stood for a while looking at the stands after scoring the goal, now i understand bcus i know how he usually celebrate his goals.

7 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Iamgrey5(m): 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
Zimmermann:
I'm tired of all these racism whining from we blacks!!! Don't we I look like monkeys Are monkeys anything other thing other than animals The whole idea of an abuse/altercation in the heat of passion is it not to get at one's temper Why must we play the race card all the time....Can you lecture your abuser how not to abuse you grin Lol

What about thinking about a Caucasian-looking animal to abuse the whites with I mean...Gollum, an ork or something angry
Fixed

8 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by Ed12(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
Continue to break their hearts by scoring goals...most especially winning goals..

Let them know the monkey in you has capabilities to make them cry..

Stupid italy..
Football, dem no sabi play ball ooo.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by shiwex: 12:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
Italians... very Racist set of people. Does not surprise me. I worked over there as an expatriate from England, These guys are seriously racist, i had an extension to my contract but refused to accept. They just cant accept successful black man. Dont know why our people keep going there, they treat them like sh!t and what they do to our women, i cant even say but i dont blame them...our Edo girls have portrayed themselves to be worse than dogs. And when they come to our country we treat them like kings. Chai...black man dey suffer.

24 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by baiaon(m): 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
The Italian football authourities should heavily fine and ban the clubs and their asshole supporters whenever they are found guilty of this type of behaviour.
Take this action 3 or 4 times and watch how the club authourities will start working extra hard to get rid of their unruly fans behaviour in their stadium cool
Threaten the clubs they won't have their matches broadcast live(which will lead to a loss in revenue) and watch how the clubs will start scrambling to tackle this issue cool

Posted By:mrpaedo

4 Likes

Re: Lukaku Receives Racial Abuse As He Scores Again In Serie A by QuickStandard: 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
Rashford and martial are just waste of time.

They can't even guarantee 30 goals between them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Kennedy Boboye, The Coach Behind Akwa United NPFL Title Victory / Fortuna Sittard Coach, Sunday Oliseh Celebrating Win With His Technical Crew / NFF Did Not Pay Me N20Million, Oliseh Releases Bank Statement [DOCUMENTS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.