Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,328 members, 7,829,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie (2726 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / Photo: See What Mr Biggs Sell As Meat Pie / What Unusual Kind Of Meat Have You Eaten ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie by Amiga4u(f): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
Please if anyone of you know how to make MEAT PIE ,please send me the recipe and how to prepare it

your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie by akunta(f): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2010
How, come all our kitchen experts hvnt replied yet
well, i am not an expert in pastry making but i make a decent meatpie wink
the following are needed:
1. flour
2. baking powder
3. grated nutmeg
4. sugar
5. pinch of salt
6. eggs
7. magarine/ fat
8.vanilla falva(optional)
for the Fillings:
9. minced beef/meat
10. chopped carrots.
11. chopped irish patatoes
12. white pepper
13. salt to taste.
14. chopped onions.

First of all: Prepare the filling by
put the minced beef in a pot and steam, allow to cook with little or no water.
when tender, add your chopped irsh patatoes, carrots,onions, white pepper and a bit of salt for taste.
allow to cook for some minutes(not too long to prevent the veg frm overcooking), stir into a mashed paste and turn down the heat.
leave to cool while you prepare the dough.

preparation of the dough:
in a dry bowl, mix in the flour and baking powder(depending on the quantity u r making)
then add ur sugar and mix properly before, u rub in your magarine/fat into the mixture.
you know it is properly mixed when it looks like fine garri crumbs, without lumps.
then add your wisked eggs and mash the mixture properly
till it forms a fine dough. then knead finely on a board till it is smooth but not too thin.
then cut into round shapes .
Take one or 2 spoonfuls of ur fillings and put on one end of the round shapes already cut.
then bring the other end over it.use a fork to seal both ends together to give it the desired shape and prevent the fiilings from getting out.
then glaze the pie with an already wisked egg using a baking brush.
place pies in your already greased pan and put in a preheated oven, allow to bake until golden brown.

and your delicious meatpie is ready! wink
Imput of other seasoned bakers are welcomed! cheesy
Re: Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie by cemyke: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2010
I WANT TO SELL MY PROPERTY LOCATED AT OGBA AYO IJOKO,SANGO OTA,OGUN STATE AT THE RATE OF 4,000,000.00 NAIRA 12 rooms uncompleted house We CAN EVEN DISCUSS ABOUT THE PRICE ON PHONE AS WELL CONTACT ME ON 07040597253 ASK FOR OLATUNJI EMMANUEL YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E:MAIL, (cemykebanks@gmail.com)

(1) (Reply)

African Americans Describing Amala. / Health Benefits of Snake meat.(pics) / Fresh Parsley In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.