Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? (1100 Views)

Me Working On My Melon (egusi) Farm This Morning / Egusi Melon In Large Quantity Engine And Handpeel / How To Cultivate Melon (egusi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by RussellUba(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
Good day everyone.
I find nairaland to be a great place for learning, cos I have learnt and gotten great ideas from this forum. Although, I know that there is the other aspect which involves tribalism and the rest, but that is not my concern for today.

I want to ask people who are into the production or trading of egusi a question that has been baffling me for sometime. Anyone with the knowledge of egusi market can also enlighten us.
What really caused the sudden increase of egusi price in the market. I know that it was around #100 and #120 some time ago. All of a sudden, we got a jump to about 250 and in some quarters, 300.
What could be the economics behind this?
Increased demand, lower supply etc...

I will really appreciate anyone who can enlighten I and other curious individuals with some good explanations.
Thank you.
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by Vokram: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2019
After harvest egusi requires much water for washing there after drying. Now, not all farm lands has water source. So during the dry season between December to march, some farmers quit d business. Hence the scarcity there by leading to inflation. But during d raining season most farms use rain water for washing. Hence the abundance n fall in price.

Secondly, egusi doesn't need much rain for maximum output. When the rain becomes too much, most egusi farms behave poorly hence inflation again.

At Vokram Farmz Limited, we are presently planting Melon, corn n Groundnut this September. I will huge you to key into our investment plan. 08132061501 for more enquiries
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by RussellUba(m): 7:29am On Sep 03, 2019
Vokram:
After harvest egusi requires much water for washing there after drying. Now, not all farm lands has water source. So during the dry season between December to march, some farmers quit d business. Hence the scarcity there by leading to inflation. But during d raining season most farms use rain water for washing. Hence the abundance n fall in price.

Secondly, egusi doesn't need much rain for maximum output. When the rain becomes too much, most egusi farms behave poorly hence inflation again.

At Vokram Farmz Limited, we are presently planting Melon, corn n Groundnut this September. I will huge you to key into our investment plan. 08132061501 for more enquiries

So this is the reason why we had the price increase which have not hone down since last year?
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by Vokram: 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Yes sir
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by imhere: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2019
Because of what happened last year (price sky rocketed), many investors are flooding the market for storage.
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Vokram:

one can plant egusi this September?
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by Boldtouch: 3:07am On Sep 05, 2019
Olaleyeabdullah:
one can plant egusi this September?
Yes, you can still plant melon between now and second week of this maximum!
Re: Rise Of Melon Seeds (egusi). The Reason? by Vokram: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2019
One can still plant egusi this September... Personally I planted a few yesterday and will also be planting more tomorrow. Moreover, crop production is gradually migrating into an era where crops can be planted in season and out of season (all year round). All a farmer needs to do is to understand the behaviors of a particular crop, coupled with basic maths in order to be able to achieve the product all year round.

At Vokram Farmz, we believe all crops, including melon, can be planted at any time of the year with little or no variation in the end result.

(1) (Reply)

Charcoal Contract To Europe For Free / Farm Land With Cofo Available For Sale At Affordable Price / Whole Sellers Of Pure Honey In Abuja - 20 Liter Can For 30,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.