Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,322 members, 7,829,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa (51498 Views)

Chioma Opara; Made 9A's In WAEC, 345 In JAMB, Wins $340,000 Scholarships / Linus Victor Anyanna Is Best Graduating Student From Federal University Gusau / Linus Osuagwu Quits As Eastern Palm University VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by RTSC2: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
astrodome:

Dude, we are making the same point. So quit backing up the wrong tree. Nigerians love foreigners more than they love themselves, which i both good and bad.
Whatever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by TheExecutioner: 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
Igbo Kwenu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by astrodome: 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2019
madenigga:
i thought some people said all Nigerians do in south Africa is push drugs undecided

They don't know any better. There are many Nigerian professors in SA universities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by RTSC2: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
BTW what is buhari doing? Is he only brave when it comes to innocent Nigerians?

I expected that by now he would have recalled our ambassador, expelled the south African ambassador , send a plane to pick up any Nigerian in South Africa that values his/her life.

Then close all diplomatic relations with south Africa and begin underground moves to hit them where it hurts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by jom28gy(m): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
If not that Nigerians leadership is blind, what will make them to chase away their technocrats?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Proffdada: 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2019
Naughtysite:
Professor Opara.

Ibo man to the Core.
Linus rhymes with invictus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by astrodome: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
is it high ranking we go chop.....what effort has he made to stop the xenophobia attacks on his country men in south africa....

I think he can only talk or write about it. There is not much he can do practically, for a variety of reasons (i) he is not a politician (ii) he is under the employment of SA govt (Stellenbosch is a public university, and #3 ranked in SA) (ii) some Nigerians (again, few) have been involved in criminal activities, of which somebody of his caliber cannot be seen to be defending. The onus is on the Nigerian govt to do something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by hacknana: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
For you verified university cut off mark..

Link is below

http://eunsetee.com/lhs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by astrodome: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
Meanwhile..........................................................Nigeria and Nigerians are the playground of the world.

On the one hand, Chinese, Lebanese, other Arabs, British, Americans, South Africans, Malians, Togolese, Cameroonians (just name it) come to Nigeria, set up businesses, degrade their Nigerian workers (physically, mentality and psychologically), make tons of money, and take the money back home. In this process they defraud the Nigerian system, pay little to no tax, and go unscathed. Thanks to your corrupt politicians and law enforcement; thanks to the ever docile and ignorant citizens. Malians, Guineans, Senegalese, Nigeriens, etc are part of the Fulani herdsmen-without borders who come into Nigeria, kidnap you, extort you, rob you, terrorize you, rape your women, maim you, kill you, and destroy your agricultural systems. They are foreigners in your country, but they do as they, please often lethally, and in connivance with certain people in your own government.

On the other hand, Nigerians go elsewhere, many are genuine and law abiding; others commit crimes or engage in fraudulent activities (like some foreigners in Nigeria also do). They are easily arrested, jailed, killed or maimed, and their genuine livelihoods destroyed. What happens from the Nigerian government side? NOTHING.

Either way, Nigeria and Nigerians are the playground of the world. They kill you in your country; they kill you in their country. Nigeria is right now the most useless country in the world ruled by useless leaders and populated by useless citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Olivyabrown: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
Now shut up your useless mouth
astrodome:
Meanwhile..........................................................Nigeria and Nigerians are the playground of the world.

On the one hand, Chinese, Lebanese, other Arabs, British, Americans, South Africans, Malians, Togolese, Cameroonians (just name it) come to Nigeria, set up businesses, degrade their Nigerian workers (physically, mentality and psychologically), make tons of money, and take the money back home. In this process they defraud the Nigerian system, pay little to no tax, and go unscathed. Thanks to your corrupt politicians and law enforcement; thanks to the ever docile and ignorant citizens. Malians, Guineans, Senegalese, Nigeriens, etc are part of the Fulani herdsmen-without borders who come into Nigeria, kidnap you, extort you, rob you, terrorize you, rape your women, maim you, kill you, and destroy your agricultural systems. They are foreigners in your country, but they do as they, please often lethally, and in connivance with certain people in your own government.

On the other hand, Nigerians go elsewhere, many are genuine and law abiding; others commit crimes or engage in fraudulent activities (like some foreigners in Nigeria also do). They are easily arrested, jailed, killed or maimed, and their genuine livelihoods destroyed. What happens from the Nigerian government side? NOTHING.

Either way, Nigeria and Nigerians are the playground of the world. They kill you in your country; they kill you in their country. Nigeria is right now the most useless country in the world ruled by useless leaders and populated by useless citizens.
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by zorani(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
Met this man when he came to Australia for his brother's PhD graduation party. Very humble man.
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by projectNDPRA: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
National Dialogue & Policy Reform Awareness http://ndpra.home.blog
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Ritchiee: 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
zorani:
Met this man when he came to Australia for his brother's PhD graduation party. Very humble man.
lol

Your own no pass ....met this man,met this man...you can lie for linus and lai joined together grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by SoNature(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
madenigga:
i thought some people said all Nigerians do in south Africa is push drugs undecided

I have a distant cousin in South Africa.
He is a medical doctor.
He rarely comes home.
That man is rich....very rich.
All Nigerians cannot be pushing drugs in South Africa
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by tsavkeghps(m): 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
What
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Yankee101: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
Is it the right time to shine light on Nigerians in SA when they're looking for those to destroy?
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
There are many Nigerian professors in South Africa, some heading various departments or faculties in South African universities.

He is good a scholar but I don't know if he is the highest scholar.

Black South Africans don't generally fancy these type of occupations.
That's a lie

1 Like

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by IronGalaxy: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2019
SoNature:

I have a distant cousin in South Africa.
He is a medical doctor.
He rarely comes home.
That man is rich....very rich.
All Nigerians cannot be pushing drugs in South Africa
of course not all, but there's just too many into illicit business hence your reputation not only in SA
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:16am On Sep 03, 2019
I See Xenophobia Looming On Prof's Head
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 03, 2019
astrodome:

Is there any reason he cannot be ''one of the highest ranked'', if not ''the highest ranked'', Nigerian in SA? We know most Nigerians in SA are lowly self-employed folks doing genuine businesses. A few others are criminals running around with drugs and internet fraud activities. Others are in the academia, prof Opara being one of such. I'd like to see how many other Nigerians in SA hold such an intimidating professional profile as Opara. Or you want to mention the Nigerian ambassador to SA? Well, with all due respect, he/she is not really in SA working for an SA entity and is not a ''professional'', but a political appointee, positions often made out of nepotism and cronysm.

There are many Nigerian Dr,accountants even school owners in SA mate.

1 Like

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Donchukz(m): 12:57am On Sep 03, 2019
My alma mater,I salute u

Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by zorani(m): 2:29am On Sep 03, 2019
Ritchiee:
lol

Your own no pass ....met this man,met this man...you can lie for linus and lai joined together grin

Who is this goat? I can understand that U are unemployed but that doesn't give U right to be commenting rubbish. Ode
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by tsavkeghps(m): 11:21am On Sep 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by Ajibade123(m): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
wow what a genius.....we Nigerian are really great and talented
anyway see how you can identify top talent in a organization https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-identify-top-talent-in-your-organization/
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by maasoap(m): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
astrodome:
I know he is not a politician or a diplomat, but I wonder what he thinks about other Africans (in his case Nigerians) being killed in SA

I can feel and relate to your anger. I blame our leaders who didn't and still don't see Nigeria as a nation but just pot of too much soup. You give them access to power, to resources, to money, all what comes to their mind is how to stash everything abroad and start living there with their family after their tenure in office. If they have access to resources but are not interested in using it to build this country, what can an ordinary citizen without access do?
Re: Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa by astrodome: 2:57am On Sep 05, 2019
maasoap:

I can feel and relate to your anger. I blame our leaders who didn't and still don't see Nigeria as a nation but just pot of too much soup. You give them access to power, to resources, to money, all what comes to their mind is how to stash everything abroad and start living there with their family after their tenure in office. If they have access to resources but are not interested in using it to build this country, what can an ordinary citizen without access do?

In serious countries, this SA xenophobia would result in serious consequences for leaders. But Nigeria is an unserious country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Best And Hot Cake Courses In Nigeria Today / How Can I Locate Lagos Waec Office? / 5 Departments In OAU Where Bagging First Class Degree Is Almost Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.