Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims (691 Views)

Psquare Unveils 6th Album “double Trouble” Album Cover Art And Tracklisting / Olamide Wears 'Roman Attire' In Album Cover / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by Mobinga: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
angry angry cool

(RTTNews) - Walmart has countered charges by Kanye West that the megastore was planning on banning his new album from their stores due to its album cover. The cover for My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy depicts two naked monsters having sex.

In a statement to Contactmusic, Walmart explains that it has not banned the album. Officials for the company say: "We're excited about Kanye West's new album and we look forward to carrying it in our stores on November 22."

"As always, it's our standard practice to carry the edited parental advisory version," the statement adds. "We did not reject the cover artwork and it was never presented to us to view."

According to a Twitter rant by West, however, the album was pulled from American shelves: "Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my Phoenix!"

He went on to say: "So Nirvana can have a naked human being on their cover, but I can't have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings."

The artwork features a painting of West's character Griffin from his short film Runaway. Griffin is naked and in a coital position with the other character, Phoenix, who in the film has fallen to Earth.
http://www.rttnews.com/Content/.aspx?Section=2&Id=1457321&SM=1
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by Mobinga: 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
angry Kanye is Gay
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by eldee(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
As usual, Kanye prolly just did it to get everyone talking bout his new album . . . genius.

Mobinga:

angry Kanye is Gay

Not according to the picture he isn't. cheesy cheesy
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by Genuflect(m): 3:27am On Oct 27, 2010
Iyen na nice
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by DamiKhojie(m): 5:51am On Oct 27, 2010
I like Kanye but he tries to hard to come off as artsy lately. All the album art he has shown to the public has been ugly imo and just him trying to prove that he's a genius. As for Kanye trying to build buzz for his album the I think the was more of him trying to seem like a genius that get attention for his album. If you've been keeping up with his stuff he's been releasing tracks every friday with artist from GOOD music its called G.O.O.D. Fridays if you haven't been keeping up with it you really listen to those tracks most have been fire. Kind of disappointed that half of the album has been either released unmastered(by him) or leaked undecided.
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by Genuflect(m): 6:11am On Oct 27, 2010
Mobinga gimme your ym. I wan chat with you about something asap
Re: Walmart Denies Kanye West's Album Cover Claims by Dotman01(m): 9:31am On Oct 27, 2010
eldee:

As usual, Kanye prolly just did it to get everyone talking bout his new album . . . genius.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Schengen Visa Within 10 Working Days! / Ghanaian Group,foknboiz Ridicules Nigerians / Yq & D-tunes - Oh Ft. Efa & Tony Totch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.