Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (59446 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV / Xenophobia: Davido Reacts To Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Priscy01(f): 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians have attacked Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw, over a comment she made in the midst of the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

The 48-year-old star made the tweet on Tuesday.

“We are responsible for how people treat us,” she wrote.

http://igberetvnews.com/959772/kate-henshaw-under-fire-over-comment-in-midst-of-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Priscy01(f): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Sunofgod(m): 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
We are responsible for how buhari treats us!

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sadly it is the truth however it doesn't warrant the mayhem perpetrated by those hoodlums. Madam Kate should have keep silence instead of posting this.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by drips8(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
She's too dumb to use her own brain, that's why she's given scripts to say

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by precision50: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
Good day Nairalanders,Please help a Brother out with a job. I'm not here to ask for handouts but rather a job, I'm a drop-out so any good job will do ( even daily-paying ones). Please contact me on 08022759570 ( call, message and WhatsApp). Thanks in anticipation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Cletus77(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nobody should come here and type.."sadly this is the truth"

The actress is wrong on this..she should come and explain why she dropped this kind of message in this crucial moment! ASAP

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by omenka(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
Emotions aside, she told no lie in her comment. That is not to justify the situation, not at all.

From the perspective of our country men and women engaging in crimes outside, precipitating these kind of backlash, she's right. In addition, from the perspective of our people hating themselves especially across ethnic, religious and political divide, she's also right. The way we treat ourselves at home influences the way strangers treat us outside.

Nevertheless, tempers and emotions are running high at the moment, therefore, anything other than sympathies and supportive words will be misconstrued as taking sides with the enemy.

God help us.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Cletus77(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2019
omenka:
Emotions aside, she told no lie in her comment. That is not to justify the situation, not at all.

From the perspective of our country men and women engaging in crimes outside, precipitating these kind of backlash, she's right. In addition, from the perspective of our people hating themselves especially across ethnic, religious and political divide, she's also right. The way we treat ourselves at home influences the way strangers treat us outside.

Nevertheless, tempers and emotions are running high at the moment, therefore, anything other than sympathies and supportive words will be misconstrued as taking sides with the enemy.

God help us.
All of you party apologists are on the same page! It's not by typing long notes!

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by four4: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
What she said is 100% truth but that did not justify looting, vandalization of properties and unnecessary killing of your fellow Africans men and wemen

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by dokie: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
four4:
What she said is 100% truth but that did not justify looting, vandalization of properties and unnecessary killing of your fellow Africans men and wemen

Are you responsible when an armed robber robs you or a kidnapper kidnaps you or a fraudster dupes you?
A victim should never be called to account for the acts of a criminal.

I don't know who Kate henshaw is other than seeing her in make-believe roles on T. V, but with that statement, she must be significantly stupid.

263 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by MrFuckallday: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
This one na pure cunt. If I say boys should attack and rape you mercilessly now they’d say I’m wicked. Bitch if you ain’t got nun reasonable to spew just stay worn out .

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by DevilhimseIf: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
omenka:

God help us.
welcome back bleh kiss
let's continue from where we stopped shall we? cool cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by dunkem21(m): 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
welcome back bleh kiss
let's continue from where we stopped shall we? cool cool

Lol cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by SOFTDRINK: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
four4:
I hope you'll still make this same comment when armed robbers attack you?

I hope you'll not change your comment when your mother is raped?

I hope you'll stand by this comment when your father is hacked to death?

Learn to think about a subject matter thoroughly before coming to the cyberspace to disgrace your single digit IQ.

#Peace

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by four4: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
dokie:

Are you responsible when an armed robbery robs you or a kidnapper kidnaps you or a fraudster dupes you?
A victim should never be called to account for the acts of a criminal.

I don't know who Kate henshaw is, other than seeing her in make-believe roles on T. V, but with that statement, she must be significanntly stupid.
check out what some of your fellow Nigerians are doing for living SA, a lot of them are into crime and not only in SA but wherever you see Nigerians you see crime as if that is our logo, the problems I am having is just that they are handling it in barbaric way

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by philip0906(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
She is a fool...This same woman would have rained fire and brimstone on someone who would blame women for been raped.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by PFRB: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
Yes, Women are responsible for being raped. Thank you my baby.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by OgaVoltron: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
Smh at those who take celebrities serious. Like most give a damn about you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by tooth4tooth: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
She made the right statement at the wrong time. If she had made her point clear before the attack , many people would have viewed it in the right perspective.
But Kate,this not the time to speak against the victims as many of them are responsible people seeking greener pasture.

Xenophobic attack on foreigners in South Africa is condemnable. The nauseating part of it is many of their dumb ass citizens ,judging from their reactions on social media, see it as a way of life.

The most backward black race in the world are South Africans undecided undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Martinez39(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
What she said is true but not always true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by juvewalex(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
Is she eyeing a south African man to have made this senseless comment ?

I will never support any country killing my brothers and sisters unjustly.

South African authority should be able to clamp down on any one committing crimes in the country, not the citizens taking laws into their hands.

I respect Nigerians for this when it comes to treating foreigners well right here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by unbitchable(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
It's not only about Nigeria, it's about black immigrants in SA. Why can't they also attack white immigrants. There must be a robust reply.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by IeatPussy: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2019
omenka:

God help us.

Of course she's right �. You and her is no different the way you zombies attack opposing parties as if we ain't suffering the same thing in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by wingmanII: 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
Frustrated bitch! May she experience the pains of the innocent victims of the violence and looting in South Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Tedpgrass: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ambivalent comment at the most inappropriate of times

No empathy displayed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by jumobi1(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
If she means the Nigerian government then I can agree. This cannot happen to African Americans. The USA doesn’t let other countries play with its citizens. Nigerian government needs to be more aggressive. Kick out the SA High Commissioner in Nigeria. Crack down on South Africans without proper documentation. Then look into measures against SA businesses in Nigeria. Eventually the SA government would protect Nigerians from attacks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by LegoMetahuman: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
im trying hard not to be sexist but why are female nigerian celebrity so dumb?

i have not seen a single one of them that made any sense today.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by heckymaicon(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
someone should help me tell the old mama to pray for sense. sense is far from her post

I hope she's going to tweet that when one of her loved ones become a victim of the attack

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by DrNueLpureHoney: 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Las Las na she get her mouth sha.

Some Nigerians just dey sell demselves too cheap to the world

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Actress Yvonne Jegede ‘unleashes’ Her Boobs In New Photos / Wizkid Welcomes 2nd Baby With Guinean Model [PICS] -- TunezMediaBlog / Throwback Video Of Tacha Before The Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.