Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

The Art Of Scriptwriting - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Art Of Scriptwriting (895 Views)

Scriptwriting On Christian Movies / TVC's State-of-the-Art Facility / BBC World News Moves To New State-Of-The-Art Newsroom On January 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Scriptwriting by steeze(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
Hello guys, to write a script u need to have the basic plot/idea in your head. Then after that establish d characters. Especially d antagonist and d protagonist. When you finally start writing the script, for easy writing you should divide it into three stages. First, the introduction of the characters. Second, the conflict. The challenge d character is facing i., his doubts, his fears, his love interest etc. Third, the resolution. That is the trials the character goes through to overcome his challenge. That's basically it. You just fill in the spaces in between. N.B - The conflict and resolution stages are the soul of any good story. That's the selling point. Then after you r done with the script you have to write the SYNOPSIS of your story, which is basically the summary of d entire script in preferably one page. Using the introduction, conflict and resolution technique when writing your synopsis will help u get a clear idea what your story is about. The synopsis is what any producer will want to read first to know what your story is about and decide if he wants to invest his time reading d rest of d script. And last is the logline. This is where you give a hint of your script is about in just ONE SENTENCE. It's like d appetizer that is supposed to get any producer interested enough to want to read your synopsis, and then your script. Anyways, that's all the tips i've got for now. I'll drop any more of em that hits me. You guys can also drop ur tips for writing a great script on here. P.S - I've written a couple scripts and i'm looking for a dynamic producer to bring my story to life. Pls indicate interest and i can probably send u my synopsis so we can discuss further. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Good Qualty Movies / HILARIOUS: Funke 'jenifa' Akindele And Usofia Rock School Uniforms (PHOTOS) / Nollywood Gay Movie Producer Dickson Iroegbu Loses Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.