Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite (71422 Views)

Hoodlums Burn Police Station In Edo State (Video) / COVID-19: Muslim Youths Burn Police Station In Katsina For Stopping Their Prayer / Xenophobia: Criminals Burn Police Van at Shoprite Osapa Mall, Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by zigziggy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
I'm not just finding some comments funny.
now we are pinching our own mouth claiming the shoprite, DStv,and other SA's own company in Nigeria are giving Nigerians employment....pls I want to know is the Nigerians businesses being destroyed and looted in SA not employing some SA citizens??....this our holier than thou attitude is just annoying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by xpool(m): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Timoleon:
So far so good, Nigerians are still the losers of this crisis.

Just imagine another life lost just like that. The shops you are boycotting or even trying to vandalize here in Nigeria has mostly our Brothers and sisters employed there. Especially in this very harsh economic reality we find ourselves.

Yes it is pertinent that we make our grievances known and if possible with some affirmative action/ violence.

A good place to start would have been the South African embassy.
A protest in front of United Nations buildings in Abuja and Lagos is also welcomed.

We must not mutilate our noses to spite our faces.

I feel bad that my protest so far has been behind the keyboard. I will gladly join a protest that does not further endanger Nigerians.

#EndXenophobiaNow
You are a selfish nonentity
May you and your family die before Christmas in painful accidents.
SELFISH COWARD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by kaima1984(f): 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
fergie001:
In their own case, no reported death of a SA'n instead is an unverified number of arrests.

Our own case, only one day, death, can't we arrest?..are we this poor at crowd control or is a case of we are what they say we are!?

Very sad.......RIP to the dead.
i don't know who we offend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Printerscanner: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
itsme01:
angry

South Africans are big time fools, they claim not to want foreigners but issue out Paid Visa to same foreigners, rent out shops and houses to foriegners, buy drugs from foreigners, prostituite themselves to foriegners yet they cry fowl when foreigners succeed more than them.

Its very obviuos that a south african sees himself inferior in all ways to a Nigerian hence his bitterness.. from their tweets i ended up feeling sorry for them as they are helplessly stupid

Same as Ghanaians, lazy fools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Timoleon(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
To be honest with you, I still don’t get your point.

xpool:

You are a selfish nonentity
May you and your family die before Christmas in painful accidents.
SELFISH COWARD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by goddy4(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
Why is it any protest here in Nigeria the nest thing for police is to open fire, very unfortunate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by periphetes: 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
As a great nation, we don't deserve this kind of humiliation from South Africa. We need to act now before we lose our position as The Giant of Africa. Our hard working brothers and sisters are been murdered glaringly to the world and we sit back doing nothing angry
. We are lions not cowards let's act fast in our various capacity unity brings strength.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by xpool(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
peeps4u:
People will resort to violence when both SA and Big govts look useless in tackling this issue.
Imagine a Nigerian president whose country men are being killed unjustly in a foreign land still planning on envoy to send to SA in days to come and also planning to visit SA only in october to discuss the attacks with their president.

How much longer will Nigerians keep watching helplessly their brothers and sisters being killed and their biz looted in SA with no decisive action from Buhari, and not take to violence like this.

We have a DUDE and CLOWN as a president.

Even, the president of Ghana himself talked presidentially against these attacks while Buhari was only watching and nodding head like his aide.
All Buhari does is to release statement via his aide.

People want to hear a firm and decisive statement from you and they will be calm. This violence would have been prevented.

And to the police, they've been used to killing armless protesters and Nigerians.
Buhari is a potential failure, and we all know that.
Northerners don't travelled out, comparatively.
So the victims are southerners - IGBOS, YORUBAS, EDOS, URHOBOS in descending order.
What has the southern governors forum done?
What has any Igbo Governor done?
Catn they put pressure on the presidency to take prompt action?
All our politicians are idiots, they never love us.
But, let me see any of them that will come on Chris mass holiday abroad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Mizwisdom(f): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2019
People will go to South Africa and start acting like it is their country, how? how is it your country? you'll always be seen as a foreigner so be careful how you downgrade your own country in the eyes of foreigners because they'll never respect or regard you as anything afterwards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
If i have a cluster bomb, i wil drop it on police force headquarters abuja 4d death of this well-hearted nigerian, who was only trying to protest the killing of nigerians in the republic of apes, called south africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by AgentNairaland(f): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
This Country Shouldn't Have Gain Freedom From Colonial Masters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Adebowalay(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Neddstark:
Nigerian police ehn. You know these guys are trigger happy and use live ammunition. They go just kpai you sara over protest. Abeg let the protest continue online abeg. Sowore that was detained is building a political career for himself. Me i am trying to find my rent money and my daily bread. Untill i am strong enough to make a difference I will lay low. We dont want to make a story for the Evening News abeg.
weakling spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by iamloski(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2019
fergie001:
In their own case, no reported death of a SA'n instead is an unverified number of arrests.

Our own case, only one day, death, can't we arrest?..are we this poor at crowd control or is a case of we are what they say we are!?

it will not be well with Nigerian Police O, how many protester did South African Police kill, they didn't even shoot at their citizens for all the mayhem, they are causing, but just little shoe of solidarity by our people in our own country, the police has pull the trigger, why do we hate our own people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Neddstark: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
Adebowalay:
weakling spotted

Why didnt you support your brother who burnt the police van? If you do not burn a police van tomorrow, your cowardice is worth Nnamdi Kanu's and Ojukwu's multiplied by 50.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by sleekdre: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
Just passed shoprite at Novare Mall, Sangotedo...Boys are carting away things with shoprite cart... Police taskforce has arrived and shooting tear gas to disperse hoodlum...

1 Like

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by zinodizt: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Who else thinks most Nigerians are sick in the Head.... Tribalistic bigots who think the Igbo or Yoruba is better... if you've ever posted any of those tribal rubbish you are same as those South African's killing Nigerians......

2 Likes

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Phyde: 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
That is what they are known for. Killing unharmed citizens expressing their anger since the government have failed.
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by fortran12: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
Unik3030:
like seriously I believe this is the best time for revolution, the best time to burn this country down. y not forget about our differences n channel the anger and frustration to our leaders. I believe they can't all kill all of us. y not face them n demand good governance now. let's make the best use of this time. where are d ipob, militants, opc, arewa, various cult groups that believe they are fighting for oppression. this is the best time
In your mind
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Kennodili(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2019
South Africans has killed many Nigerians, looted and destroyed their businesses. What do we do here in Nigeria? I saw our Police protecting Shoprite. As for the dead I don't feel sorry for him because one of then broke my car glass.So many car windscreen were broken today at Jakande roundabout Lekki, phones and money also was stolen from fellow Nigerians.
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Risingblue008(m): 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
Frankly speaking, south Africans r lazy to d core
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
fergie001:

It's really sad, Hong Kong people have been protesting seriously for weeks, their police have not killed anybody. Police should have body armour, and other tools of crowd control, not only guns...guns are meant to kill, that's why in advanced countries police don't carry assault rifle unless it's an active shooter situation.

1 Like

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Lamanii22(f): 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
fergie001:
A yet to be identified person has been shot dead at the Shoprite premises around Jakande, Lekki area of Lagos state.

The protester was killed after an angry mob set a police van on fire during the protest.

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-one-shot-dead-as-protesters-burn-police-van-in-front-of-lekki-shoprite

Were they even suppose to shoot in the first place...
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by fergie001: 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lamanii22:

Were they even suppose to shoot in the first place...
My dear, if you ask me, na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Judybash93(m): 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
itsme01:
angry

South Africans are big time fools, they claim not to want foreigners but issue out Paid Visa to same foreigners, rent out shops and houses to foriegners, buy drugs from foreigners, prostituite themselves to foriegners yet they cry fowl when foreigners succeed more than them.

Its very obviuos that a south african sees himself inferior in all ways to a Nigerian hence his bitterness.. from their tweets i ended up feeling sorry for them as they are helplessly stupid

Inasmuch as i totally hate what our brothers and sisters are going through in SA, i don't think it'll be right to label the entire population of SA as fools. I know emotions are running deep right now but i still think there are some good people out there.
Those involved in this distasteful act either directly or indirectly will know no peace.
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Judybash93(m): 11:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
zinodizt:
Who else thinks most Nigerians are sick in the Head.... Tribalistic bigots who think the Igbo or Yoruba is better... if you've ever posted any of those tribal rubbish you are same as those South African's killing Nigerians......

Yes oOo... You're so on point
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Blackhawk01: 12:30am On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerian police sha
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by Gloriagee(f): 12:39am On Sep 04, 2019
Explain to me how this is legit. Y wont Nigerians be treated like crap when theres extensive evidence that our country doesn't care about its citizens. So that'll kill them in Nig again after butchering some outside. Naija we gat to do better....
Re: One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite by dynamic006(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerians are just losing thier life home and abroad. if you are not killed by foriengner, you will be killed by Nigerian force. What a country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Woman Locked Up By Her Husband For 3 Days Dies (Disturbing Photos) / Missing Jimoh Bello Found Dead Inside His Car Trunk In Ogun (Graphic Photo) / Man Steals Goat, Slaughters It And Wears It On His Body Like A Vest. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.