Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide (59944 Views)

Naira Closes 1,402/$ At Official Market As Dollar Demand Persists / Benin Republic Traders Lament As Nigeria Closes Border / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by CrestMan: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
UNTIL NIGERIANS STORM DSTV AND THE FG JAM THEIR NETWORK FROM OUR SPACE FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS, THAT'S WHEN I WILL TAKE THESE FAKE REACTIONS SERIOUS. lipsrsealed undecided WHY STYLISHLY EXCLUDE DSTV FROM THE ATTACK? tongue

MY PROPOSAL:

LET US NOT WATCH SUPER SPORTS FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS SO THAT SOUTH AFRICA WILL FEEL THE HEAT! IF YOU ARE WITH ME CLICK LIKE, IF NOT SHARE angry

10 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Lordjb: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Na real wa, meanwhile.. see my signature for link to stream BBNaija live
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Minjim: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
I have 4 sims.
You'all motherf*ckers can do the f*ck you like
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Ferdinandu(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Even DSTV closed all their offices

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by JohnnyOJ(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
Serve them right
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by joytothewise(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
Its Nigerian workers that will suffer for it if MTN leaves Nigeria.
MTN is already rich. They are only helping us but we are ignorant

Is that your idea of being patriotic ?? APC/Buhari brain dey your head!! You basically enjoy suffering and smiling!!

It will be a good thing to acquire MTN... the so called MTN riches was from the one dey stole from you unknowingly. Tomorrow you will say PHCN are trying they increase light tarrif in some places and the light remains thesame/worse from b4.

FG increase fuel, food go up and other things government are getting richer abi?? What happens to welfare of the people??

Alaye go sit down

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Charmingrascal(m): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
They should also close up their network

We nor do again
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Minjim: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
demefaboy:
And to get employed is easy?

Very easy dude

Don't you see people looking for jobs everywhere
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by 9jaRealist: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

This is a Breach of contract. Subscribers have been manipulated to believe they come first.

If any security challenges, they can consult the security institutions in the country for protection.

What hurts the most is that I won't have the opportunity to get an iphone X. Was already planning to go hang around MTN Ikoyi just in case it's bursted.

See Naija mouth... undecided

Breach of which contract abeg? The one that says that they should offer themselves up for sacrifice for the DUMBNESS of Nigerians and S/Africans? Wait till they close shop entirely and send your brothers and cousins back into the job(less) market, then those DUMB Nigerians “avengers” can really celebrate their DUMBNESS! SMH

>

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
I read some comments about Nigerians being the ones to suffer if and when MTN moves out of Nigeria. That's true, but guess what? Someone has to pay the price for freedom. FREEDOM is not cheap and never comes on a plater of gold. MTN would NEVER leave Nigeria. Nigeria is their biggest market in Africa and to them it's all about the money. During apartheid regime, a lot of universities in the US had investments in South Africa and their students had to force them to divest from apartheid SA and give up all the money that they were making hands over fist. That was what helped to bring the regime to its knees. So, if you want a change, then something has to give. You can't eat your cake and have it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by ddjay: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2019
Mtcheeew, i wish glo will have a drop of sense by improving and spreading their network most especially 4G, this is one of the few opportunities they have to be naijas number one GSM provider.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by tyup(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:

if they're rich enough let them leave and MTN be nationalized and let's see how long and far their richness will take them
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by gaventa: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
You sabi jare.even South Africans burn down the building housing foreigner business to show you that violence when at the extreme can never be constructive. Our govt has failed to act legally now the citizens will act illegally. Since 2014 we have been quite despite losing loved ones just one reprisal attack our own people who are cowards are spewing trash. Mtn has closed its outlets and DSTV too, this will send shivers down the spines if other foreign South African investors. They will caution their govt.
baby124:

LOL.... I see what you did here grin

7 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Jaqenhghar: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
ednut1:
What is the business of mtn with xenophobia in the soweto and pretoria
I wonder.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by enemyofprogress: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kingpee2:
Violence is never a solution but rather chaos .
yes o grin grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by airminem(f): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Where is MTN Twitter office sef? Smh

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
thesicilian:
MTN keeps publicly condemning but never really do anything concrete. They know how to lobby the government to get juicy contracts but when it comes to lobbying their own government to prevent loss of lives and property, their arms are folded.
What are they supposed to do to lobby their govt? Threat of reduced taxes?
They don't have dt leverage here. Their presidency will listen to the people instead. MTN won't reelect them into power.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Walehelt(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:

Helping us
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Badonasty(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kingpee2:
Violence is never a solution but rather chaos .

oshey zlatan
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by semyman: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

This is a Breach of contract. Subscribers have been manipulated to believe they come first.

If any security challenges, they can consult the security institutions in the country for protection.

What hurts the most is that I won't have the opportunity to get an iphone X. Was already planning to go hang around MTN Ikoyi just in case it's bursted.
Illiterate
Lawyer wanna be

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
CrestMan:
UNTIL NIGERIANS STORM DSTV AND THE FG JAM THEIR NETWORK FROM OUR SPACE FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS, THAT'S WHEN I WILL TAKE THESE FAKE REACTIONS SERIOUS. lipsrsealed undecided

MY PROPOSAL:

LET US NOT WATCH SUPER SPORTS FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS SO THAT SOUTH AFRICA WILL FEEL THE HEAT! IF YOU ARE WITH ME CLICK LIKE, IF NOT SHARE angry
Na so.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Hallenjay: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
I hate ds, who told u mtn won't b nationalized n run by Nigerian .d shop de destroy in Pretoria, some of d worker r southy plus d chop owner pay tax... Let it b loose loose. We're better without SA. We'll acquire all de ve.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by shogsman(m): 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
Just checked on akure shoprite to see whats up only to meet it tightly closed and 9 police hilux ,over 20 policeman stationed in the front.
I think it's safe to say they're getting the message.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by agaliboy: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
When their Nigerian godfathers are ready, they will tell them to open up. Who are they deceiving?. This time around, its fight to finish!!!!.

Nigerians are fed up with the one-sided killings all the time.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by boldking(m): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

they say share country he say no, see if e burst na ipad i go take o with latest flat screen tv
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by 9jaRealist: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
MaNyEsq:
I read some comments about Nigerians being the ones to suffer if and when MTN moves out of Nigeria. That's true, but guess what? Someone has to pay the price for freedom. FREEDOM is not cheap and never comes on a plater of gold. MTN would NEVER leave Nigeria. Nigeria is their biggest market in Africa and to them it's all about the money. During apartheid regime, a lot of universities in the US had investments in South Africa and their students had to force them to divest from apartheid SA and give up all the money that they were making hands over fist. That was what helped to bring the regime to its knees. So, if you want a change, then something has to give. You can't eat your cake and have it.

grin grin grin

Easy to sit behind your PC or hold your device far away and flex Internet Revolutionary...
Pretty sure MTN employees with school fees, rents, food and medical bills, etc. would opt out.

>

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by madenigga(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
Why!

lol
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by holuphisayor(m): 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
good. DSTV should follow. I'm prepared not to watch football anymore sef. Lets be mad together.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by Minjim: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
demefaboy:
You don't know what it takes to look for a job. Just move bye
Yes, it's not easy.
Re: MTN Nigeria Closes Shops Nationwide by NinjaMetahuman: 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
okeyumez:
if mtn leaves, their facilities won't be uprooted.

At most someone else will take over.
Etisalat left, 9$mobile is running things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan / "Eight Nigerian Banks Are Too-Big-To-Fail!" - CBN / Forex Trading: How Profitable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.