Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking (6121 Views)

Join Us Let's Make It Big With Adsense And Admob Plus SEO Tips / Join Us And Learn SEO Tips And Adsense/admob Earning Tricks Tips / SEO Tips And Tricks For Small Businesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking by Goors1n: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
Thanks for the article! It is very useful but I don't think SEO should be done by the ones who don't have a clue about it. I mean that everyone who owns a site and hears about SEO tries in the beginning to do it by himself. You know, SEO is useful, but if used incorrectly it can be very harmful, it can put your site in the black list of Google and you won't get it from there easily, or you might not get it from there at all. I used SEO in Vero Beach services and I can tell you that SEO is worth every penny - if done qualitative.
Re: SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking by jogncartman: 6:25am On Mar 30, 2020
Experience101:
I am sure you are not new to the word SEO.

SEO which stands for Search Engine Optimization helps blog post rank top on Google when the right keywords are inputted on the post.

The main goal of using SEO is to drive organic (free) traffic to your blog but these can online be done when you use SEO the right way.

In this article, I will be sharing 5 tips bloggers can use to improve their SEO.

Before we dive into the tips lets first know what SEO really means.

What Is SEO?

SEO basically boils down to how all the different search engines decide on what website, blog post it is going to rank top when a user types in a particular keyword.

Using the Search Engine Ranking Pages (SERPS) which shows the most relevant post on the top of search pages for whatever keyword that is searched for.

Google which is considered to be the number one search engine has set up an algorithm which put different things into considerations before deciding which page should seat at the top for any keyword been searched.

When it comes to search engine optimization, the first thing that the majority of the search engines look for is the content of your blog.

With these, your content has to provide the right information that a user is searching for and the right keywords should be used all around your content.

Though your contents are not only what they consider, the way your blog is designed if your blog is mobile friendly and the loading speed will also determine how your blog rank on the search engines.

As a blogger, you want to make sure that you get your SEO right and it is able to drive an insane amount of traffic to your blog without you spending a dime.

What the search engine does is that it goes through millions of blogs on a daily bases to search out what they are all about so as to know if it is worth putting on the front page of the search engine.

Since your blog is not exempted, you have to make sure that you have a basic knowledge about SEO and how you can be able to write well-optimized contents so as to be able to rank top on search engines.

As you focus on sharing your contents on social media and other platforms and also use paid advertising to promote your blog, I also advise focussing on using SEO to grow your blog as well.

Here are the 5 SEO tips for bloggers

Quality Content

When it comes to SEO, content is king.

Whatever your niche might be, the only way you will be able to rank in the search engine is if you write quality content that people in your niche are interested in.

One of the ways the search engine algorithm works is that it calculates the amount of time spent on a blog post. Once people spend some time on a post-it automatically means that your post has contents that people are searching for and searches engines can start ranking your post-high.

The moment people visit your post and immediately leave because the information you have written about is not helpful or not in-depth search engines will never rank that post.

Quality contents involve you writing in-depth about a particular topic. You have to make sure that you cover every aspect of the topic you choose to write about.

Write For Your Audience And Not For Search Engines

The one thing you have to focus on when writing a blog post is to write on topics that people are interested in.

This is how it works, there are lots people search the web for different information and if you are able to know what your targeted audience is searching for at start writing about it you will surely drive traffic through search engines without you doing much work.

The trick here is for you to know your audience and what they are interested in. you can visit websites such as quora.com to see the kind of questions people that are interested in your niche are asking. With this, you will be able to streamline your contents.

Another great way to know what your audience is searching for is by doing keyword research. There are free tools you can use for your keyword research such as ubersuggest, Google trends so as to get an estimate of how many people are searching for the topic you want to write about.

Use Long-tail Keywords In Your Title

There are two types of keywords, we have Short keyword and long-tail keyword.

When you use a long-tail keyword, it helps to make your post more targeted and the chances of your post showing in the first page of search engines are high.

For example, let’s say you want to write a post of “make money” if you just put make money as your title it will look broad and make it difficult for search engines to rank your post.

But with a long-tail keyword such as “How to make money online” or “7 ways to make money online” this will make it easier for search engines to know what your post is all about so they can rank your post when someone even types make money in the search engine bar.

Optimize Your Images

Your images in your blog post have a great role to play when it comes to SEO.

The mistake most people make is when they intend to use an image for a post they just upload it without changing the name.

It is best you rename your images to relate with the keyword you want to rank for before uploading it.

Another great way to optimize your images is while uploading them on your website you fill out the (alt) tag. One of the benefits of doing this is that it gives your images a description even without people seeing the image.

Put Links In Your Post

This is something every blogger should do as it helps to increase the amount of time people spend on your blog.

You can use internal links where you link to another post on your blog in one particular post so when someone finishes reading your post they can easily navigate to another post without clicking on your menus.

There is also what is called outbound links where you link to other websites such as affiliate links or websites that are related to your niche.

You can also use backlinks where other websites can link people back to your blog. Backlinks work well when websites that are bigger than yours links back to your blog.

SEO is something that every blogger should focus on so as to get free traffic to your blog.

In fact, these are pretty useful tips and I saw them on which site with recommendations for SEO promotion. It was these sites that helped me develop the site of my online store. I worked for about 2 months and my work was not in vain because the result was obvious. By the way, I could follow the progress of the site and get complete info about the statistics thanks to the SEOwl service. This is a very convenient service and it facilitated my work and saved my time. There is a free version there, but I purchased the full corporate version for a pretty low price and got access to all features of the service. So if you decide to independently engage in the promotion of your website, then you don’t have to do without the help of such a service! This is just a recommendation for beginners!
Re: SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking by shopiesfy(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2020
Thanks for the best tips here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guideline/Roadmap For New Web Designers (Contains Detailed Description) / Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? / Is It A Crime To Clone A Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.