Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum (30136 Views)

"20m Naira Was 5m Dollar In 1990"- Jim Ovia Recounts How He Started Zenith Bank / Jim Ovia Launches "Africa Rise And Shine" Book In New York (PHOTOS) / Jim Ovia: "My Lagos Success Story" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by ryloy: 9:23am On Sep 05, 2019
JIM OVIA WITHDRAWS FROM THE WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM

Following the hypersensitivity of the issues surrounding the lives and well-being of Nigerian citizens living in South Africa and to contribute his voice against the poor state of security regarding foreign nationals living in Africa, the Founder/Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia has withdrawn from further activities at the World Economic Forum Africa 2019, taking place in Cape Town, South Africa.

Before taking his exit, Mr. Ovia stressed the need for youth empowerment and better government policies to curb continual attacks on persons living within and outside Africa. He belaboured that until positive change towards collective growth happens on this front, the continent would not reach its potential.

Mr. Ovia added that full support should be rendered in vocational education of the young persons living in not just Nigeria but Africa. According to him, the Jim Ovia Foundation has taken up a stance on this issue, having empowered over 3,500 students and entrepreneurs since its inception. He called on other members of the private sector to join hands and solve this menace plaguing the African continent.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jimoviafoundation_youthempowerment-forafrica-activity-6575262599296897024-tnko

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by SLAP44: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2019
That's what happens when you have a snail slow president.

Jim Ovia obviously didn't get any hint of a united response from the Nigerian government as somebody was busy picking his teeth for 48 hours.

Finally, he was dragged out to hold a photo shoot session where Osinbajo later cancelled his SA travel.

This should have been done like 28 hours ago before even Jim hopped on the plane. The country is on auto pilot.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by abc115: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Good one Jim
Your sin is forgiven

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Opinedecandid(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2019
Xeno reasons, again.

This is a justifiable measure, not looting and destroying properties and rendering Nigerians jobless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by megafaraday(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Too much bashing

2 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Better....South Africa will soon turn to an Island on its own that's what they always wanted.

I wonder the kinda president that Nigeria have....make I no talk wetin dey my mind first angry

My people, if you need Pure Original HOney.. Call or whatsapp me on 0809215 1959

8 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Sellfish(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
I will only take this 'withdrawing' trend serious when Nigerians married to South Africans withdraw from their spouses grin

Meanwhile, as part of my own protest against Xenophobia, I 'withdrew' before I came inside Rosie smiley

And I plan on making many more such 'withdrawals' until Xenophobia is is dead and buriedwink

25 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Denikayan: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
The actions of a rich man are the actions from God

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by AdonaiAluminium: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2019
The message is sinking deeper to the south Africans

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by olaric(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Thumbs up sir. Before this decision was made, I always rated you above Madam Due Process Ezekwesili; and now your rating has skyrocketed with your latest move.

11 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by IdioticNLmods: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Nonsense.. You have gone there, you have gone there.
You can't put a spilt milk back in it's container angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by sanny1(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
yes this blog website https://247post.com.ng/ realy makes senseooo
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by NobleAngell(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Good...i hope his message sinks well.

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by EsquireDD(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Way to go..

Check out our signature

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Jayb20(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Never too late.. nice move

2 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by MiztaBobiGentle(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Check my signature if you want me to help you market your products the right way.
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Houseofglam7(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Good one cool

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Nwaohafia1: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Good one from Jim Ovia.

I am losing the little respect i have for Oby Ezekwesili

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Opinedecandid(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
abc115:
Good one Jim
Your sin is forgiven
What sins did he commit against you.

2 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
He attended yesterday I saw him live with oby on channelstv angry

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by abc115: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
SLAP44:
That's what happens when you have a snail slow president.

Jim Ovia obviously didn't get any hint of a united response from the Nigerian government as somebody was busy picking hos teeth for 48 hours.

Finally, he was dragged out to hold a photo shoot session where Osinbajo later cancelled h is SA travel.

This should have been done like 28 hours ago before even Jim hopped on the plane. The country is on auto pilot.

They don't have native intelligence that education cannot give. Feeling the purse of the people and making enquiries should have saved them from the embarrassment

8 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by puredigital(f): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by qualityovenbake(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Over to you Oby
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by BobiNick(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
Na so
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by itsme01: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2019
grin

Oju aye,

biafrans betraying biafrans...

Even Lamidi Kanu their god is yet to make any speech on the death of his subject

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Lakeshizu(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2019
Way to go.... Why that woman oby con angry angry decide to go on her own

2 Likes

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2019
grin good one
Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Racoon(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Why was he there in the first place despite the global outrage against SA? This just demonstrate again that our leaders & elites dont value the lives of an average Nigerian

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2019
What of Aunti Oby, isn't she boycotting. Abi them never pay her.

1 Like

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by Anambralstson: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Opinedecandid:

What sins did he commit against you.
He was at the event with Oby yesterday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Ovia Withdraws From The World Economic Forum by NigeriaDaily247: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2019
Stay up to date with the latest news in Nigeria,business news, Politics,Sports News, entertainment , local and national news

https://naijaroom.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Open Diamond Bank Account With Your Phone Without Going To The Bank / CBN Tells Banks To Issue New Notes Over The Counter - Chika Mbonu / Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.