Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven (34677 Views)

Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa / Pastor Adewale Giwa Warns Buhari, Osinbajo: "Vacate Presidency Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by titiloyeblog: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
The General Overseer of Awaiting the Second Coming of Jesus Ministry in Akure, Ondo State, Pastor Adewale Giwa, says according to the word of God, pastors that own private jets and otherworldly possession will not make heaven.

In an interview with The Sun, Adewale said

The poor cannot own a private jet, but the rich can. It is unfortunate that the affected pastors have ignored the word of God in 1 Timothy 6:7-10, which says, “For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many grieves.

Those who own private jets have to sell them and use the proceeds to support the poor. The biblical passage about the “Rich and the Kingdom of God” simply tells such pastors what to do. It will be extremely difficult for pastors who gather treasures on earth to make heaven.

The young rich man who came to meet Jesus in Matthew Chapter 19 said he had fulfilled all the commandments of God. But, Jesus replied him to go sell his possessions to the poor so as to have treasure in heaven. In verse 22, the young man went away sad because he had great wealth.

Nobody is greater than the word of God. You can never see them quoting this verse. Even if they quote it, they might decide to twist it. To set the record straight, it is not my opinion that the pastors gathering wealth won’t make heaven, but it is the word of God. These pastors do not only have private jets, but also have private institutions that the poor cannot afford.

Reacting to the comments made by some pastors that their private jets help them move around so they can preach the gospel, Adewale said

So, you are telling me that without private jets they cannot preach the word of God. The most effective evangelism is house-to-house, which Apostle Paul practised in Acts 20:20. They should take time and read it. Acquiring private jets is a worldly thing that will perish with the world.

In Mathew 6:19-21, the Holy Bible says: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/pastors-that-own-private-jets-wont-make.html

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Denikayan: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
The only reason why I would support such ostentatious lifestyle is if all the church members are rich.

Its absurd to have a private jet and be spiritually leading people in abject poverty.

Its not Godly!

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by judgementyard(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ok

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by NaijaWebDesign(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2019
What's this one saying? You can't afford a jet in your entire lifespan cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Dozie32(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Weda he has jet or a flying kite, is it your business?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by cbngov01(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by SuperBlack: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Is He saying, if by any means he got the money for private jet he won't buy?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by nairalee(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
There's a simple way for them to make heaven.

They should instruct the pilot to steer the plane higher high in the sky,

Then pass the clouds, high up into space

Then jump in when they see the Heaven Gate.

Simple and short.

Wisdom is profitable to direct

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by CotenantNIG: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
then everyone that have cars won't go to heaven after all it's an earthly possession

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by yomalex(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
That's rather...
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by DennisEche(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
WHAT OF CAR?

3 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by HopeAlive14(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Let God be the judge, sir.

There is nothing wrong in godly richness, but it is wrong to manage it in an ungodly way.

3 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by SuperBlack: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
judgementyard:
Ok

As a respected top fan, and my obligation to maintain professionalism,. I am officially releasing a statement refusing to comment on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by OBIGS(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
ShopRite in festac currently undergoing looting

1 Like

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Sirpaul(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmm! Judge NOT.... face your ministry

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Because you are the gatekeeper of heaven na... undecided

7 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by AdonaiAluminium: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Maybe they'd fly to heaven with their jets

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by semyman: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Now it's getting louder.
Help me increase the volume
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by PussyKing(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin

Will Any Nigerian Make Heaven??

6 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by IMASTEX: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ask those that owned one now. They all started with this your talk as an upcoming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by jalay(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Should I tell Adeboye, Oyedepo and ��
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by david22uu(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
this one dey talk because he never see money buy his own

4 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by RiyaGoddess(f): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Whaooooo
When I was an unbeliever, I was really among those who insult men of God who owned a jet. I really didn't understand the need for a jet not until I became a believer and got to understand mission work. It's a long story that I can't share here anyway. What i do know is that if Jet was in vogue during Abraham, Solomon, Job, Paul etc time, they would have acquired Jets. These men acquired properties that were in vogue during their time. Even if it was common AC, they would have own a lot of ACs rather than stay inside the heat. You know the middle east can be very hot during the hot season. They had the best that was in vogue during their time. Even Jesus rode on the finest donkey. So imagine if it were to be now, what He would have rode on?
In as much as I hate the focus on prosperity messages in church, but having a Jet for mission work isn't wrong.
I said Mission not personal acquisition.
If you have ever gone on mission assignment or trips into remote countries/nations where it's not motorable or where you have to journey for 24 to 42 hours and more to get to where you are going to, you will understand the need for a mission jet and pray for 1 for your mission trips. Some of these missionaries even hire a small chopper or what's it called to get to where they are going when they get to a place that's not motorable or somewhere with a long distance. I think it's UN helicopter or something I can't remember and they spend up to $10,000 to go etc. Those called into mission or who are missionaries understands what I'm saying and also know the need for a jet for mission.
Oh Yahweh, you know it has always been my earnest prayer that you bless Dominion City with a Jet for our mission assignment and trips.
Read my signature.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by dotman4real007(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wow someone finally saying the truth

4 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by donprinyo(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
fake prophet
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Hausaman1: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
That's for sure , we know that already, imagine a Don jazy pastor with big necklace around his head and hair relaxer head too. That was the ex CAN president, swag , with his private jet. I bet devil will be very happy with Nigerian churches, saying my children are winning many souls for me, I don't have to work.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by RexTramadol1: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
Table dey shake
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Olas00(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven by Bambarino: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Named The World's Most Inspring Person 2016. PICS / Why Do I Keep Slapping Guys In My Dreams? (Dream Interpretation) / Native Doctor Claims A Family Member Is Responsible For Death Of 6 Kids In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.