Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria (712 Views)

Chelsea Striker Says He Will Dump England For Nigeria / Why I Left England For Nigeria – Alex Iwobi / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria by innerkonsult12: 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ray Parlour, has warned Chelsea striker, Tammy Abraham, against ditching the England national team for the Super Eagles. Abraham has started off the 2019/20 season with Chelsea on a blistering form, scoring four goals in four games, which has attracted interest from Nigeria. The Nigeria Football Federation have been trying to lure the Chelsea striker, who has two non-competitive caps for England to switch allegiance. Speaking on Talk Sport’s programme, The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Parlour said Abraham would get his chance with the Three Lions if he remained patient. “If he keeps scoring goals, he certainly will get into the England squad because Jamie Vardy is obviously retired and they’re lacking a little bit up front,” he told TalkSport. “He’s got an opportunity to be in the squad, but obviously he won’t be in front of Harry Kane.” Parlour, however, believes Abraham should stick with England, having played for them at the age grade levels. “Once you start as a youngster to play for a country, I think you should stick with them,” Parlour added. “It’s up to the player; he’s looking at this situation, looking forward, whether he’ll get an opportunity, but he said no, I want to try and play for this country (England). “It’s a battle, because there are a lot of good players at England, and it’s not easy to get into the squad. “You’ll get a lot more caps if you go elsewhere. If he goes to Nigeria, he will get quite a few caps, lot more than he will get playing for England.” He also called England coach, Gareth Southgate, to give Abraham assurances he has the youngster in his plans. “As a manager, you’d be on the phone straight away saying, ‘You’re in my plans, keep playing as you are, and you’ll get an opportunity’. That’s what I’d be doing if I was Gareth Southgate.” Meanwhile, NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, was quoted as saying the youngster will make a final decision on playing for the Eagles by April 2020.

Source: Punch

Contact InnerKonsult for Professional Services on Tax, Accountancy and CAC Services. O8038460036, www.innerkonsult.com
Re: Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria by thesicilian: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
If he doesn't dump Nigeria now for England, sooner or later Nigeria will still dump him for someone better or someone who can pay more bribes to be on the team. So many people are saying England may not value him as one of their own but at least they'll pay him well and he won't have to go on strikes in other to get his match bonuses. Does Nigeria value her own?

1 Like

Re: Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria by otipoju(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
He will play one or two matches for rngland and they will forget about him when a new English boy comes up.

Why should you be telling a person not to play for his parents country.

1 Like

Re: Parlour Warns Abraham: Don’t Dump England For Nigeria by kimco(m): 11:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
thesicilian:
If he doesn't dump Nigeria now for England, sooner or later Nigeria will still dump him for someone better or someone who can pay more bribes to be on the team. So many people are saying England may not value him as one of their own but at least they'll pay him well and he won't have to go on strikes in other to get his match bonuses. Does Nigeria value her own?

English dont "pay" well for national team football. The money they get are used as charity funds. It is african players who think they need to be paid for dawning the national team colors. Disgraceful. Tammy makes more than enough at chelsea, he doesnt need the scanty bonus from the national team. Its a bonus not wages and they actually use the money to make other's lives better not spend almost all in the club.

(1) (Reply)

Friday's Gossip Column: Pogba, Neymar, Griezmann, Beckham, Dembele, De Jong / Nigeria’s Striker Ranked As One Of Europe’s Top Young Players / Bet9ja Has Withheld My 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.