Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks (28295 Views)

26-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Declared Missing By Toronto Police (Photos) / South African Students Shut Down Streets In Protest Against Xenophobic Attacks / Why We Are Carrying Out Xenophobic Attacks – South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by freelansa: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2019
A Nigerian who is a detective in the Toronto Police, Canada, Sergeant Bassey Osagie, has listed the reasons why xenophobic attacks are carried out by South Africans on Nigerians and other foreigners.

In an interview, Osagie stated that laziness on the part of the people of South Africa is fast turning the country into a typical African country.

”South Africa is becoming like a typical African country. The local people there are lazy and the government is not providing job for the regular South African people.

The local people are frustrated but their just taking it on on the wrong people which they perceive to be their enemy. Our people don’t deserve to be killed. Now you have a group of jobless South Africans who have no source of income, they see foreigners driving expensive cars, they see foreigners living better than them, so they believe those foreigners are responsible for their problems”.

He continued:
“That’s partly the problem. The Nigerian government is not helping the situation. The Buhari administration refuse to take decisive action against South Africa and make their government make tough decisions.
I’ve been to Cape Town and I understand that they have a very strong and effective police they can call upon to solve this problem. But they are dragging their feet because they don’t have the repacaution. I think the Buhari administration should have been more purposeful, more visionary and take decisive action”.

He added that as a Canadian citizen that he is, if anything should happen to him when he visits Nigeria, Canada would ensure somebody pays the price. This he said to show the Nigerian government how serious they need to treat their citizens.

"I’m wearing this uniform today, I can assure that if anything happens to me when I’m in Benin City, somebody will pay the price”, Osagie said.

https://wotzup.ng/nigerian-man-in-toronto-police-speaks-on-xenophobic-attacks/

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Richdad50(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2019
shocked

God bless Osage for doing us proud. Nigeria is not worth dying for. Our situation justifies Jehovah's witnesses stand of not pledging allegiance to a country.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Emytea(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2019
Please come and fight for us your people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Bawizzo(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2019
I was trynna type something reasonable, buh autocorrect pulled thru....

fvckk xenophobia...a niqqa is juz too high to riot.

3 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by JeffSiberstein: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
Good talk
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Chimookigwe: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
Emytea:
Please come and fight for us your people

Cos you are a cripple?
You don't have hands and legs?

Weren't you one of those making noise and insulting Sowore? Make this one come join?

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by megamank(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2019
Just correct

This is one of the underlined factors for these attacks....
Nigerians are hard working and can do anything to make money especially when they are outside the shores of this country.....

10 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by DoroBad(f): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked
close your dirty mouth.... Nwamaikpe wannabe.

9 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by pat077: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
True talk
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by salford1: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
freelansa:

He added that as a Canadian citizen that he is, if anything should happen to him when he visits Nigeria, Canada would ensure somebody pays the price. This he said to show the Nigerian government how serious they need to treat their citizens.

He is right.Somebody will pay the price, but aslong as you drop your Nigerian citizenship. If you are dual, Canada will drag its feet too. That was what happened to Nnamdi Kanu. He was being harrassed in Nigeria, but Britain looked the other way because he had dual nationality. Same is happening to Sowore.

13 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Ytgud: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2019
Increase the volume, somebody need to hear this
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by majamajic(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2019
he said it all
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by flexyebe(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2019
See how confidence a black man is in a white men country...naija who did this to us

6 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Sonnobax15(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2019
Bros 4get that matter...just visit benin as you had mentioned,make benin witches reason with you....but on a serious note,buhari no dey try..

10 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by greatdreamer(m): 4:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Please don't mention Buhari as our President. We don't have the executive president

6 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Tubesafari: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Xeno is a Greek word which means ''Foreign'' while Phobia means ''Fear'' still from Greek

Xenophobia mean ''Fear of foreign''

What's happening in South Africa is not Xenophobia because people from other continents are not being attacked, the Black South Africans only attack fellow Africans.
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Sheriman(m): 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2019
How did this man become a Police officer in Canada??
I just Ask... Though 9ice Job better than what we have here.. NIGERIAN � the only thing they are very good at is to collect N50 at Bus Stop.
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by easyfem(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
I'm coming to see u bro .... We are from the same state ..... U are my uncle by force .... I can't wait to see u in Canada where they value life

1 Like

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by salford1: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
Sheriman:
I just Ask... Though 9ice Job better than what we have here.. NIGERIAN � the only thing they are very good at is to collect N50 at Bus Stop.
He became a citizen and applied for the very competitive police job. The police pay very well too, probably over $100k per year.

Unlike the Nigerian police sergeant that only gets paid like $2000 a year. That is why the Nigerian police members harrass people up and down or collect N50 bribes at bus stops. See police earnings in one North American city like that.

9 Likes

Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Sheriman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
I just Ask... Though 9ice Job better than what we have here.. NIGERIA Policemen the only thing they are very good at is to collect N50 at Bus Stop.
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Houseofglam7(f): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
cry
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by ctleurocollege: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
Sad

Do you want to study in Cyprus? contact me
Re: Bassey Osagie, Nigeria In Toronto Police Speaks On Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2019
SCAM.... If anything happen to you when you are in benin, somebody will pay the price... You look like bubu ni wey tight security go dey follow you because you dey Canadian police force.... Did he know how many foreigners who had been killed in anothers man country and shit still happens.... Instead mk him dey pray make him village people no get him password, him dey talk another thing for here......... okay o, until he happen then we go see wetin canada go do. maybe dem go come bomb 9ja bcus of you ni..... SCAM

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Killed, Maimed In 5 Kaduna Villages For 4 Hours / FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Lady Who Stole 4 Phones At University Of Uyo Caught (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.