Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles (735 Views)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by 12large1: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2010
The Nigeria Football Federation [NFF] has shortlisted Samson Siasia and Stephen Keshi for the final interview to determine which one of them becomes the substantive coach of the Super Eagles.

NFF spokesman Robinson Okosun confirmed the development to Africaplays.com shortly before departing for South Africa with the Super Falcons for the Africa Women's Championship.

The decision was reached at the meeting of the Maigari-led NFF leadership in Abuja on Wednesday.

It was the first meeting of the board since it was reinstated after the National Association of Footballers [NANF] withdrew its case against the national body.

Caretaker coach Austin Eguavoen will handle the Olympics team.
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by 12large1: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2010
Source:africaplyas.com
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by 12large1: 2:10am On Oct 28, 2010
this should not even be a question siasia should get the job. this week keshi has come out and said that super eagles stars want him as coach. the stars his talking about includes Yakubu aiyebeni they know that if keshi is hired they are back in eagles
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2010
12large1:

this should not even be a question siasia should get the job. this week keshi has come out and said that super eagles stars want him as coach. the stars his talking about includes Yakubu aiyebeni they know that if keshi is hired they are back in eagles

dont be surprised if Keshi gets it.he knows the politics of African football well
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2010
^^^^

And he's more experienced!!!, he has coached and tamed bigger players than any player Siasia ever coached in his lifetime.
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by 12large1: 3:00am On Oct 29, 2010
but he is a mafia with keshi yakubu is guaranteed a spot and that would not go down well with us
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by naso2(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

And he's more experienced!!!, he has coached and tamed bigger players than any player Siasia ever coached in his lifetime.

Abeg no let me vex dis morning. Tame senior players ? where?. May be you dont know that Adebayo was one of those that sent him packing from Togo.

Keshi was our u-21 coach in AYC 2001 , he could not even guide the team past group stage. Yes he qualified togo for the WC , but could not get a single point at ANC 2006 in egypt, he lost all matches scandalously. Took over a star-studded Malian team and fumbled big time.

In nigeria he introduced the Mafia to SE. Now he is telling us , he is not bothered by money, hence would accept anything, he just wants to coach SE. His plan most likely is to fill the salary gap with egunje from players.

Anybody wey know "MY-GARRI" make dem warn him well well. Keshi will dig a bigger pit and bury our football.
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by honeric01(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2010
na_so:

Abeg no let me vex dis morning. Tame senior players ? where?. May be you dont know that Adebayo was one of those that sent him packing from Togo.

Keshi was our u-21 coach in AYC 2001 , he could not even guide the team past group stage. Yes he qualified togo for the WC , but could not get a single point at ANC 2006 in egypt, he lost all matches scandalously. Took over a star-studded Malian team and fumbled big time.

In nigeria he introduced the Mafia to SE. Now he is telling us , he is not bothered by money, hence would accept anything, he just wants to coach SE. His plan most likely is to fill the salary gap with egunje from players.

Anybody wey know "MY-GARRI" make dem warn him well well. Keshi will dig a bigger pit and bury our football.

you don't even know shir about Keshi, do you think Keshi is one of those feeding bottle coaches outthere? is adebayo the only player he has tamed and coached? when i am talking of world class players, i mean players like DIARRA, KANOUTE, SISOKKO, KEITA, ADEBAYOR to name a few, these are players who have seen money, they play in bigger teams and most of them play in clubs bigger than any of our current player's club, so what are you saying?

now tell me, in siasia's life time, which big player has be ever coached and tamed?
you are good to highlight all the bad points of Keshi's career but failed to mention the good ones right? hehehehehehe, in the name to kill a dog, you give it a bad name, this same Keshi worked under a Togolese management that had issues with him just because he decided to tame adebayor which some of adebayor's godfathers didn't like, this same Adebayor was the highest goal scorer in the qualifiers, keshi with TOGO QUALIFIED FIRST from Africa, on their way, they beat the likes of CAMEROON, GHANA, EGYPT AND EVEN MALI,

Now you are talking about him losing all 3 matches at the nation's cup, DO YOU KNOW that during his stay at the nations cup, Togolese FA kept interfering in the player selection? Keshi didn't give them space to do that, confirmed sources said it was due to this reason that some of the boys in the team loyal to some of the FA officials decided to be loyal to their godfathers by playing badly, ask yourself this, if truly Keshi was that bad, why did they qualify for the world cup with maximum points beating all the beatable on their way up? Adebayor was trying to be disrespectful to Keshi, the big boss decided to tame him by not starting him, he never cared if he was a foreigner and that if adebayor was their ONLY star, we have seen Ferguson, Maurinho, Pep do the same thing, so what are you trying to say?

Lastly, he was removed prior to the worldcup just as they have planned it all along, what happened next? Togo couldn't even win any match at the worldcup even with their white coach?

As for Mali, it was the players that lacked the fighting spirit to qualify for the next round, he did all his best, we saw what he did against Angola when they were down by 3 goals, he made nice substitution which turned the game around, it was the players that made them not qualify, not the coach, most of the players complained of tiredness due to their numerous games for their various club-sides, so whether you like it or not, Keshi remains the most qualified of the 2.

I don't want to list out the weaknesses in Siasia and all his mistakes, i don't want to discredit him at all, so i will just ignore his case for now.
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by naso2(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
honeric01:

you don't even know shir about Keshi, do you think Keshi is one of those feeding bottle coaches outthere? is adebayo the only player he has tamed and coached? when i am talking of world class players, i mean players like DIARRA, KANOUTE, SISOKKO, KEITA, ADEBAYOR to name a few, these are players who have seen money, they play in bigger teams and most of them play in clubs bigger than any of our current player's club, so what are you saying?

now tell me, in siasia's life time, which big player has be ever coached and tamed?

Tame players?  grin grin grin na zoo dem dey?. With all these "big boys" Keshi had in the malian team the team came 3rd in the group behind Ghana and Benin. What a shame. may be he so  tamed them that they lost their  skills and failed to shine. tongue tongue

b]Tell me the big player PEP tamed before he was handed the coaching job of Barca with its collection of world stars? In leadership, the first step in trying to discipline surbordinates is ones self discipline. Siasia like Pep is a very disciplined person, he definitely will not have problems beating the boys to shape[/b].

honeric01:

this same Adebayor was the highest goal scorer in the qualifiers, keshi with TOGO QUALIFIED FIRST from Africa, on their way, they beat the likes of CAMEROON, GHANA, EGYPT AND EVEN MALI,

Get your facts right.  Togo was in same group with senegal,zambia,congo,mali,liberia. Ghana,SA,BF,congo Dr were in same group. Egypt,cameroon and CIV were in same group.

honeric01:

Now you are talking about him losing all 3 matches at the nation's cup, DO YOU KNOW that during his stay at the nations cup, Togolese FA kept interfering in the player selection? Keshi didn't give them space to do that, confirmed sources said it was due to this reason that some of the boys in the team loyal to some of the FA officials decided to be loyal to their godfathers by playing badly, ask yourself this, if truly Keshi was that bad, why did they qualify for the world cup with maximum points beating all the beatable on their way up? Adebayor was trying to be disrespectful to Keshi, the big boss decided to tame him by not starting him, he never cared if he was a foreigner and that if adebayor was their ONLY star, we have seen Ferguson, Maurinho, Pep do the same thing, so what are you trying to say?
Confirmed sources true, true? you dey make me laff.

For the records they did not win all there matches en route 2006 WC. They lost some and drew some. They qualified becuase they came tops. Even Amodu did not lose any match in the last WC campaign but he was still sacked.

Adebayo  was tamed  and benched by keshi because of disrespect and keshi lost all matches. How does that sound? A player is not tamed when you bench him and go on to lose, infact you boost his ego when that happens. He begins to feel without him you can achieve anything. A player is tamed if he knows, he can be benched and the coach can design an approach that will still give the desired results. E. g Mikel and TT were showing they were big boys in the Olympics. Siasia forgot them, did some player conversion and still made it to the finals. Had the 2008 olympic team failed to make it out of the group stage, nobody would have listened to any excuse that it was because mikel,TT and other overaged players failed to show up.

honeric01:

Lastly, he was removed prior to the worldcup just as they have planned it all along, what happened next? Togo couldn't even win any match at the worldcup even with their white coach?

WRONG. He was removed becuase of the ominous signs from the ANC showing. He did not get a single point from 3 matches.  You seem to forget that he had access to the president of Togo when  he was performing.

honeric01:

As for Mali, it was the players that lacked the fighting spirit to qualify for the next round, he did all his best, we saw what he did against Angola when they were down by 3 goals, he made nice substitution which turned the game around, it was the players that made them not qualify, not the coach, most of the players complained of tiredness due to their numerous games for their various club-sides, so whether you like it or not, Keshi remains the most qualified of the 2.

And your point is? I dont even want to respond to what you wrote here.

I don't want to list out the weaknesses in Siasia and all his mistakes, i don't want to discredit him at all, so i will just ignore his case for now

Nobody says siasia is a perfect coach. Yes he has weaknesses. Even the Peps and  Mourinhos of this world   have weaknesses, but when you compare siasia and keshi , siasia is much better than him for SE job.
Re: Official:nff Shortlists Keshi, Siasia For Eagles by honeric01(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^^^^

When i am idle, i will respond to your comments, but in the main time, check out the performance of Keshi with Togo at the qualifiers, he only lost ONE away match.

Group 1 Team Played Won Draw Lost Goals For Goals Against Points
Togo Togo 10 7 2 1 20 8 23
Senegal Senegal 10 6 3 1 21 8 21
Zambia Zambia 10 6 1 3 16 10 19
Congo Congo 10 3 1 6 10 14 10
Mali Mali 10 2 2 6 11 14 8
Liberia Liberia 10 1 1 8 3 27 4

(1) (Reply)

The Fall Of The Yak / Lukmon Haruna Joins Dynamo Kiev / Manchester United Showcase English Premier League Trophy In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.