Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Day 16 Of 30. Mysplufikstory (xenophobia) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Day 16 Of 30. Mysplufikstory (xenophobia) (134 Views)

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / CEO MTN Nigeria, Ferdi Moolman Speaks On Xenophobia Attacks In South Africa / Students Shut Down Shoprite In Ogun Over Xenophobia In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day 16 Of 30. Mysplufikstory (xenophobia) by DejiPlug(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
"I don't have any story to tell you other than the fact that my debtors aren’t paying. Those that bought mattress haven't paid. I myself am indebted left and right. I just want to pack up and change location.
I used to have businesses in Angola, South Africa and Malawi where I spent over 10 years. The xenophobic attacks caused me to move my family back to Nigeria in 2013 after they vandalized all my properties. I escaped with my family empty handed when I saw how Nigerians were being slaughtered in Southern Africa, and as much as I have been struggling to keep the ball rolling ever since, business here has not been moving.
We were still managing to survive until 2016 when everything changed drastically. Prices have gone up but salaries haven’t gone up. People now ration their meals. See my friend that just left here? I gave him a sachet of water to download after he complained of being hungry.
I believe my current situation is a result of my moving to Nigeria, but then again, I believe in living to fight another day or what does one gain losing his life over material things?"
_
Day 16 of 30. #MySplufikStory

(1) (Reply)

Investigate Tax Collection By FIRS, PDP Urges NASS / Just Like Facebook, Google Is Under Investigation / Experienced Driver Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.