Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Fatherhood - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fatherhood (1543 Views)

Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood / Father's Day: FatherHood Is A Blessing / The Joy Of Fatherhood (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Fatherhood by bukatyne(f): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
LewsTherin:
Some stupid spambot banned me for a while for nothing more than trying to modify a post because I saw a spelling error. I gues the bots in Nairaland have not been updated since 1978.

Anyways, I see the failure of fatherhood in Nigeria as another result of the failure of leadership. Our leaders believe leadership is rulership. They see themselves as unquestionable and infallible overlords when leadership should be more like shepherding. A shepherd guides, protects and cares for his sheep. He disciplines every time it is needed but he primarily guides and cares.

But we should also remember the pressures men in this age face. Pressures to provide. To succeed. To meet society's standards. To "be a man". These pressures are immense and manny men in a bid to meet what is expected of them miss what is right for them.

Many women and wives do not understand this and will pile up even more pressures on their men making it worse for them. Especially as society has made caeing for the children the woman's job. This, by the way, isn't necessarily a bad thing. An emotional thinker is more likely to do a better job on children who are not yet capable of rationally following through a thought but will still "feel" their way out of things.

No woman, however, has the right to bad mouth a father to his kids irrespective of what the man has or hasn't done.

Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Wedding In Kano State (pics) / The Sayana Press Magic / The Power Of Early Morning Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.