Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,361 members, 7,843,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Explain Why You Gave Obasanjo N50m On Election Eve, BMO Queries Atiku - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Explain Why You Gave Obasanjo N50m On Election Eve, BMO Queries Atiku (238 Views)

Dubai Retreat: Yet Another Pdp Show Of Shame-bmo / Bmo Hails Buhari For Saving Nigerian From Decapitation / 44 Policemen On Election Duty Involved In Auto Crash in Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Explain Why You Gave Obasanjo N50m On Election Eve, BMO Queries Atiku by Venom236: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
Atiku Abubakar's confirmation that 50 Million Naira was given to the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library on his behalf has raised more questions regarding the motive of such a huge donation, especially on the eve of an election.
According to the Buhari Media Organisation (BMO), the secret donation came to light during a €150 million money-laundering probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

In a statement signed by its Chairman Niyi Akinsiju and Secretary Cassidy Madueke, BMO said Nigerians deserve an explanation as to why Atiku, former Vice President and presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last election, made such a huge offering to Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

It also noted that the timing of such a donation, on the eve of national elections, was suspect.

“Many questions have arisen from this gift that looks more like a bribe. One of the pertinent questions is: Could the sudden change in stance by Obasanjo towards Atiku in the lead up to the election, despite earlier branding same Atiku as corrupt, and vowing not to ever forgive or support him, be a fruit of this ill-timed gift?”

“This is what Obasanjo said about Atiku then: ‘If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.’

“Obasanjo's subsequent declaration of fondness and forgiveness for Atiku, which coincided with the donation period, raises a lot of questions.

“It also confirms Obasanjo's hypocrisy, that he could turn around after he had publicly called Atiku all manner of names, and describing him as corrupt and lacking in all forms of morality."

BMO stated that it was not surprising that Atiku would seek to use money to change Obasanjo’s attitude towards him as even the same Obasanjo had in his book, My Watch, stated that Atiku Abubakar trusted in money to buy his way out on all issues.

“But Obasanjo's change of heart should not surprise any Nigerian. The former President is not one who can readily boast to truly have Nigeria’s interest at heart. Evidence abounds that show he has always put money first and Nigeria last.

“His inability to explain how $16 Billion was spent on power under him, the unprecedented corruption that signposted his tenure, and the alleged vote-and-conscience-for-sale strategy he used to buy legislators with Ghana-Must-Go bags of money to push his selfish agenda, are a few examples.

“Atiku must tell Nigerians the truth, even if he would do this for once, why he gave 50 Million Naira as a donation to Obasanjo’s library, just before the election and before Obasanjo endorsed him for President. For once, Atiku should honour Nigerians with the truth.”
Re: Explain Why You Gave Obasanjo N50m On Election Eve, BMO Queries Atiku by Subduer: 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
Obasanjo had six credits before joining the Army.
Bode George had six distinctions before joining Navy.

Buhari must present his Certificate, or the Supreme Court must remove Buhari according to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nijeria
Re: Explain Why You Gave Obasanjo N50m On Election Eve, BMO Queries Atiku by Olorunnim: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
Okay we should not forget to ask Mr bullion van, where he got his a day before the election and what he did with them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Captured Mopping The Atlantic Ocean In Lagos State – Watch Video / Download Bitcards.com.ng Jingle By Thazest / Please Advise: What Brand Of Generator Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.