Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,176 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … (3233 Views)

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado / Gear Not Shifting From 1st Gear To 2nd Gear And Accelerates In The Process / Toyota Camry 2001 Model Jerking Of Engine When Changing Gear To Drive N Reverse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 12, 2019
Good day,
Please my wife's car would not shift from 3rd to 4th gear and would hit about 4k rpm.
It was diagnosed with obd II scanner and knock sensor, speed sensor, 02 sensor were reported.

Knock sensor and 02 sensor was changed, the car still wouldn't shift from 3rd to 4th gear.

I also noticed that the abs light is constantly ON but not reported by the scanner.

Also, the speedometer won't read.

Professional with similar experience so please guide me on what to do.

Thanks
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by ipobarethieves: 3:36am On Sep 12, 2019
take it to auto mech workshop. Gadzu still sleeping on
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 12, 2019
ipobarethieves:
take it to auto mech workshop. Gadzu still sleeping on

I will bro. Just wanted to be sure that's all.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by ipobarethieves: 3:57am On Sep 12, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

I will bro. Just wanted to be sure that's all.
the peepz are still sleeping. B4 9 they'll do justice to it

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Barrywilly(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2019
Take it to another auto electrician for rescanning. It is definitely the knock sensors. I think maybe the right one was not used. Change the two knock sensors. Make sure you collect the original ones first removed.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2019
Barrywilly:
Take it to another auto electrician for rescanning. It is definitely the knock sensors. I think maybe the right one was not used. Change the two knock sensors. Make sure you collect the original ones first removed.

Okay
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by me2me: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2019
You have changed the knock and O2 sensors, what sbout the speed sensor you also mentioned? If the speed sensor is bad the speedometer won't work. I suggest you have that replaced...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by mammanbawa: 6:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Turn on overdrive
There's a light on your dash that says "o/d off"
There's a switch on your gear lever
Press it
The light will go off
You're good to go
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
mammanbawa:
Turn on overdrive
There's a light on your dash that says "o/d off"
There's a switch on your gear lever
Press it
The light will go off
You're good to go

That's not the problem Sir.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by mammanbawa: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Scan
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by mammanbawa: 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by AutoMoTech(m): 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
olasunkanmimart:
Good day,
Please my wife's car would not shift from 3rd to 4th gear and would hit about 4k rpm.
It was diagnosed with obd II scanner and knock sensor, speed sensor, 02 sensor were reported.

Knock sensor and 02 sensor was changed, the car still wouldn't shift from 3rd to 4th gear.

I also noticed that the abs light is constantly ON but not reported by the scanner.

Thanks
I deduce from this details you only scanned the engine not the transmission. So pls as suggested kindly scan the transmission and also the ABS module.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:46am On Sep 14, 2019
olasunkanmimart:
Good day,

Thanks

Replace knock sensor. Do not touch the transmission
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Ade1234a: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2019
I had similar problem. Gazzuz sorted me out in no time

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Replace knock sensor. Do not touch the transmission

Thanks man? Knock sensor replaced and the car is good to go but the speedometer and temperature gauge isn't working.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
AutoMoTech:

I deduce from this details you only scanned the engine not the transmission. So pls as suggested kindly scan the transmission and also the ABS module.

It's not possible to only scan the engine bro.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Thanks man? Knock sensor replaced and the car is good to go but the speedometer and temperature gauge isn't working.

Diagnose the abs system

For temp check if the coolant temp sensor harness is connected

Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by chukel(m): 4:33am On Sep 15, 2019
After replacing the knock sensor, is it still showing code for knock sensor? If yes, check to make sure u replaced with appropriate functioning knock sensor. If yes, check the wire harness of the knock sensor. For the speedometer, first check the fuse for abs and make sure it's not cut. If bad, replace.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 15, 2019
chukel:
After replacing the knock sensor, is it still showing code for knock sensor? If yes, check to make sure u replaced with appropriate functioning knock sensor. If yes, check the wire harness of the knock sensor. For the speedometer, first check the fuse for abs and make sure it's not cut. If bad, replace.

No code for knock sensor, no code for abs too but the abs light is ON on the dashboard.
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by chukel(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

No code for knock sensor, no code for abs too but the abs light is ON on the dashboard.
there is code for abs. Just that the scanner you are using is limited in function and can't pick up the abs code. Check all the fuses both in the cabin area and the engine bay. Replace any broken one. Specifically look for the one that controls abs
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
chukel:
there is code for abs. Just that the scanner you are using is limited in function and can't pick up the abs code. Check all the fuses both in the cabin area and the engine bay. Replace any broken one. Specifically look for the one that controls abs

Bros I dey use Launch Connector Diagnostic-Tool Bluetooth-Adapter Dbscar X431 Pro.

It can even scan for tire pressure not to talk of abs....
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by chukel(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
olasunkanmimart:

Bros I dey use Launch Connector Diagnostic-Tool Bluetooth-Adapter Dbscar X431 Pro.

It can even scan for tire pressure not to talk of abs....
you can't have abs light on without a code. Ur scanner does not scan Abs
Re: Help!!! My Wife's 2002 Lexus Rx300 Wont Shift From 3rd Gear To 4th Gear. … by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
chukel:
you can't have abs light on without a code. Ur scanner does not scan Abs

Ok

But the check engine light is off.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2008 Not Accelerating / Irregular IDLING- PLS Help / Engine Mount.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.