Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,021 members, 7,859,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:44 PM

Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages (1075 Views)

Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There / Italian Region Offers Visitors €25,000 To Move In / Czech Republic Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others Money To Leave Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by SleekGist: 9:43am On Sep 12, 2019
An underpopulated region in southern Italy is offering newcomers, including Nigerians €700 per month for three years to live in one of its villages.Sleekgist reports.

There are a few catches, however: the village must have fewer than 2,000 residents, and the newcomer must pledge to open a business.

“If we had offered funding, it would have been yet another charity gesture,” Donato Toma, the president of Molise, told the Guardian. “We wanted to do more; we wanted people to invest here. They can open any sort of activity: a bread shop, a stationery shop, a restaurant, anything. It’s a way to breathe life into our towns while also increasing the population.”

Toma also announced that each town with fewer than 2,000 inhabitants would receive €10,000 (£9,000) with which it would build infrastructure and promote cultural activities.

“It’s not just a matter of increasing the population. People also need infrastructure and a reason to stay, otherwise we’ll end up back where we started in a few years,” he said.

According to the Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat), Molise, with a population of 305,000, is among the regions that has lost more inhabitants in recent years – in excess of 9,000 have left since 2014.

In 2018, ...

See more eye-catchy photos of the town and complete report here:

https://sleekgist.com/news/italian-region-offers-to-pay-nigerians-others-e700-to-stay-in-its-villages/

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by bedspread: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2019
WONDERFUL!!!
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by GOFRONT(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2019
wink

This is far Better than This God-forsaken sh!tthole of a Countryy called Nigeria..
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by pyrex23(m): 9:56am On Sep 12, 2019
See opportunity
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by SSam01: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2019
What are the steps? Do we need to just apply for visitors visa?
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by drips8(m): 10:14am On Sep 12, 2019
This is smart by the Italians. You must also open a business after moving in to help boost the local economy.
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Memberclub(m): 10:15am On Sep 12, 2019
GOFRONT:
wink

This is far Better than This God-forsaken sh!tthole of a Countryy called Nigeria..
there's nothing in that place don't be stupid
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by RiyaGoddess(f): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2019
Waooooh
Read my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by ednut1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2019
Business we no go get patronage
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
Memberclub:
there's nothing in that place don't be stupid

Where the government is ready and willing to support you.. You are the stupid one because you choose to see failure in the midst of opportunities. You are obviously suffering from poverty of the soul if you can't see the lifeline that could be harnessed into a gold mine. Its people like u who would have discouraged entrepreneurs from investing in dry Las Vegas back in the 1930's/40's.. who has foresight with the right spirit of a true hustler never reasons backwards like this. I guess u probably want it all at once served to u with golden plates and cutlery. Dey wait for manna but don't discourage those who see farther than u can undecided
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Memberclub(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
dairykidd:

Where the government is ready and willing to support you.. You are the stupid one because you choose to see failure in the midst of opportunities. You are obviously suffering from poverty of the soul if you can't see the lifeline that could be harnessed into a gold mine. Its people like u who would have discouraged entrepreneurs from investing in dry Las Vegas back in the 1930's/40's.. who has foresight with the right spirit of a true hustler never reasons backwards like this. I guess u probably want it all at once served to u with golden plates and cutlery. Dey wait for manna but don't discourage those who see farther than u can undecided
Relax fool wink
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Memberclub:
Relax fool wink

Why am i not surprised... A career beggar always looking for freebies sad

No need exchange words with u as ur already cursed

Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Memberclub(m): 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
dairykidd:

Why am i not surprised... A career beggar always looking for freebies sad

No need exchange words with u as ur already cursed
you need to relax fool grin
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by zigziggy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 12, 2019
SleekGist:
An underpopulated region in southern Italy is offering newcomers, including Nigerians €700 per month for three years to live in one of its villages.Sleekgist reports.

There are a few catches, however: the village must have fewer than 2,000 residents, and the newcomer must pledge to open a business.

“If we had offered funding, it would have been yet another charity gesture,” Donato Toma, the president of Molise, told the Guardian. “We wanted to do more; we wanted people to invest here. They can open any sort of activity: a bread shop, a stationery shop, a restaurant, anything. It’s a way to breathe life into our towns while also increasing the population.”

Toma also announced that each town with fewer than 2,000 inhabitants would receive €10,000 (£9,000) with which it would build infrastructure and promote cultural activities.

“It’s not just a matter of increasing the population. People also need infrastructure and a reason to stay, otherwise we’ll end up back where we started in a few years,” he said.

According to the Italian National Institute of Statistics (Istat), Molise, with a population of 305,000, is among the regions that has lost more inhabitants in recent years – in excess of 9,000 have left since 2014.

In 2018, ...

See more eye-catchy photos of the town and complete report here:

https://sleekgist.com/news/italian-region-offers-to-pay-nigerians-others-e700-to-stay-in-its-villages/
I no care ooooo,I can't let this opportunity pass me by, not for the money but to see a country will to accept you and give you a business advantage....abeg how can I apply ooooooooooo�

1 Like

Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Memberclub:
you need to relax fool grin
Armed robber Sars go fvck u up soon
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Memberclub(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
dairykidd:

Armed robber Sars go fvck u up soon
OK. Don't disturb me again or I'll have you killed.
Re: Italian Region Offers To Pay Nigerians, Others €700 To Stay In Its Villages by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
Memberclub:
OK. Don't disturb me again or I'll have you killed.
Then Drop dead f00l! Even in ur dreams i will still kill u. Duos abi?

(1) (Reply)

Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry / Pls How Can I Register For America..visa Lottery / Travel Scams You Should Know Before Japa-ing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.