Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? (2095 Views)

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw / 2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 2:04am On Sep 13, 2019
A friend of mine wants to invest 2.5million naira here in agriculture,
he is a succesfull business man and also an importer of electronics gadgets and phones,
now he wants to try his luck on agriculture expecially farming,
he said real time farming made his grandparents rich back in the days in the village without any modenized equipment or tools been sold nowadays.

The thing is, he is based in lekki lagos state but sometimes travels out oversees for business.
He wishes to partner with any farmer that can really give him good results.

He already has an empty 15 acres of land in ogun state currently doing nothing for him.
Originally the land was been bought so he can build a massive warehouse there to store goods.

This little idea of his was been brought up when he read in the news lately how some nigerians lost all their life savings and investments in south africa,

he said so if i was also in this same south africa like this people, so this is also how i could have lost all my only survival without anything to hang on to?

The thing is, now he wants to involve farming as one of his businesses so incase there is any issue with his importing business,
then he can then rely on this farming to sustain himself and his family,

please do note down here your interest and willingness to work.
I dont want spammers here in this thread,
just state down what you can plant on a short or a long term that can give good profit,
planting on 15 acres of land no be beans o!

All necessary money and equipments you will need will be provided by him.

If he sees there is hope in what you are doing thats when he says he would involve more cash to it then maybe 5million naira extra,

thats 7.5million altogether.
Just state your demand here and he would be the one to pick by himself.

Please and please o
am not the one with the offer or cash so dont call me.

Just drop your farm quick selling ideas and see if you will be picked or contacted.
He will be coming here to read all comments,

you might not know if maybe the person you are talking rudely or bashing harshly to will be him.

So treat every person comenting here with respect.
He loves a humble person and not the other way round.

Or maybe if your idea is worth pityable or lack of funds he might find you a smaller loan to go start up your farm on your own and keep the profit for yourself.

I wish you all goodluck!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 2:22am On Sep 13, 2019
I
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by mankettle(m): 2:25am On Sep 13, 2019
Since he already has his major hustle and may not be able to monitor day to day, let him set up a plantation. Either cocoa, cashew or oil Palm. It's long term, and if well managed will give good returns. Also it is not time consuming. Ps. If he does business with people or he invests through people he may likely be disappointed. So it's better he takes the time and his money to establish his plantation and he can monitor it himself. My shikini advice.

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 2:40am On Sep 13, 2019
james550:

hmmm i really like your write up,
where do you base?

But as i have said earlier am not the one to pick here

do keep the hope alive

I'
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 2:46am On Sep 13, 2019
mankettle:
Since he already has his major hustle and may not be able to monitor day to day, let him set up a plantation. Either cocoa, cashew or oil Palm. It's long term, and if well managed will give good returns. Also it is not time consuming. Ps. If he does business with people or he invests through people he may likely be disappointed. So it's better he takes the time and his money to establish his plantation and he can monitor it himself. My shikini advice.

grin
your shikini advice is very much appreciated here,
but the thing is that some people really needs to be elevated whether the economy likes it or not.

You dont really know his mind and purpose of doing this.

Loosing this investment to him is nothing compared to his wealth.

Please and please sir do give people a chance to show some good sides of them.

Not everyone here is as bad as they envision nigerians to be.
Mind you do not despise the days of someone little beginning here mr shikini advicer grin
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 2:47am On Sep 13, 2019
healthserve:

I'm on the island. Ajah axis

This is a hasty writeup o

I normally make blueprints that covers weekly activity from start till harvest, so every week even before farming on paper, all weekly farming activity is known

ok thats good
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 2:47am On Sep 13, 2019
james550:

grin
but the thing is that some people really needs to be elevated whether the economy likes it or not.

Mind you do not despise the days of someone little beginning here mr shikini advice grin

Glorious.

What a beautiful perspective and a heart that discerns
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 2:54am On Sep 13, 2019
Anyways more ideas and opinions are welcomed here you might never know who is washing all this
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by mankettle(m): 2:56am On Sep 13, 2019
james550:

grin

Mind you do not despise the days of someone little beginning here mr shikini advicer grin
Even if he get awuuf money, doesn't mean he should throway it inside fire na. If he is wealthy he can always employ good consultants to establish the farm for him. Pátápátá he will create time to see what they are doing for him. And do due diligence first by visiting the farms first.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Iseoluwani: 6:20am On Sep 13, 2019
james550:
Anyways more ideas and opinions are welcomed here you might never know who is washing all this

let him get a consultant or you to monitor his farm, partnership of long term is very risky....
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by pheonixdld2(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2019
Cunny people every corner. All this tales of "my friend has 2.5mil to invest" just to steal people business ideas. Mister if you need agro business ideas, come out straight and ask and stop pretending.we are not all gullible, some people can still see through stories and discern.

5 Likes

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 10:31am On Sep 13, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Cunny people every corner. All this tales of "my friend has 2.5mil to invest" just to steal people business ideas. Mister if you need agro business ideas, come out straight and ask and stop pretending.we are not all gullible, some people can still see through stories and discern.

this are the type of people that needs to be kicked out of nairaland.
Your type are just too proud for anything in this life.

Even if you dont have anything to add must you just talk like this?

You are the type that wont want people around you to ever grow.

Please mind your business afterall if am in need of business ideas there are countless threads here to read from and learn so please hold your peace.
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 10:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Iseoluwani:

let him get a consultant or you to monitor his farm, partnership of long term is very risky....

hmm i know but 15 acres of land is not really easy to handle alone.

He will be needing helping hands and other things to plant so to make profit.

Anyways nice advice
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2019
Its about structure, strategy , blueblueprint and technical know-how. Trust me 15 acres is not too much Sir, as long as crops that require too much tecnicalitis are avoided.
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by candy001(f): 8:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
I will suggest he goes into oil Palm plantation. There are hybrid dwarf palms with increased profit margins.

Oil production finds use both in domestic market and commercial market. He can liaise with other industries such as soap making industry since oil is their major base. I'm sure he won't go wrong or run loss. That's if you won't write off a woman's advice though
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by oshionelecky: 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
I can advice you and your friend to do what is called off taking. It works by an investor funding a farm and getting paid back based on the going price of the produce in the market.

In my locality my girlfriends elder sister invested :100k d 1st season and got #220k at d end of dt season. D following season she invested #200k and got #260k cos the price was not as high as d initial season. Anyway, she made a profit in both seasons.
You never loose but you cannot b certain of how high ur profit will b.

Also, you must have a very trusted middleman.

Note: The produce in this case was rice and rice matures within 4-6 months depending on d variety.

I could have offered to link you up but I doubt if I can for personal reasons.
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
oshionelecky:
I can advice you and your friend to do what is called off taking. It works by an investor funding a farm and getting paid back based on the going price of the produce in the market.

In my locality my girlfriends elder sister invested :100k d 1st season and got #220k at d end of dt season. D following season she invested #200k and got #260k cos the price was not as high as d initial season. Anyway, she made a profit in both seasons.
You never loose but you cannot b certain of how high ur profit will b.

Also, you must have a very trusted middleman.

Note: The produce in this case was rice and rice matures within 4-6 months depending on d variety.

I could have offered to link you up but I doubt if I can for personal reasons.

ok thats good,
but come to think about rice cultivation is kind of freaking me out,

anyways there are professional rice growers out there making it big time.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
candy001:
I will suggest he goes into oil Palm plantation. There are hybrid dwarf palms with increased profit margins.

Oil production finds use both in domestic market and commercial market. He can liaise with other industries such as soap making industry since oil is their major base. I'm sure he won't go wrong or run loss. That's if you won't write off a woman's advice though

a woman's advice is always appreciated thanks
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by okoroemeka(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2019
a good agricultural business I can think of now that will give good bulk cash return is fattening pig weaners,a good weaners is around #5000 naira and if properly feed and managed can be sold for #25-35,000 naira in six months,if there is a structure on ground to house the pigs,I suggest he use #1.5 million to buy 300 weaners and use #1millon to feed and manage it,if all goes well in six months you can be looking at a potential sales of #7.5-10 million naira.its important to note that the feeding cost depends on location,from experience feeding pigs are cheaper in the west due to big factories that process foodstuffs and waste that comes out of it,than in the East,that 1 mil may not push 300 pigs in the East but it will push it in the west.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 14, 2019
[quote author=james550 post=82182901]

grin

Mind you do not despise the days of someone little beginning here mr shikini advicer grin[/quote

Just be careful, Nigerians are as bad as they are painted. There is nothing bad in giving someone an opportunity to rise from dust but is there any guarantee you won't be bitten after helping a fellow human.
One will be lucky to be bitten and not killed cos of money.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2019
[quote author=ifedola28 post=82217137][/quote]

Lmao Ifedola o. Your comment is unsettling
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 10:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
okoroemeka:
a good agricultural business I can think of now that will give good bulk cash return is fattening pig weaners,a good weaners is around #5000 naira and if properly feed and managed can be sold for #25-35,000 naira in six months,if there is a structure on ground to house the pigs,I suggest he use #1.5 million to buy 300 weaners and use #1millon to feed and manage it,if all goes well in six months you can be looking at a potential sales of #7.5-10 million naira.its important to note that the feeding cost depends on location,from experience feeding pigs are cheaper in the west due to big factories that process foodstuffs and waste that comes out of it,than in the East,that 1 mil may not push 300 pigs in the East but it will push it in the west.

hmm thanks,
but dont you think pigs are really stubborn?

I dont want a situation where a pig will attack someone
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
james550:

hmm thanks,
but dont you think pigs are really stubborn?

I dont want a situation where a pig will attack someone

Hahahahaha Pigs only attack when they've grown very wild and long I.e years beyond the age they ought to have been killed. Until then, pigs aren't as harmful as you just painted
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by Moboj: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2019
james550:

this are the type of people that needs to be kicked out of nairaland.
Your type are just too proud for anything in this life.

Even if you dont have anything to add must you just talk like this?

You are the type that wont want people around you to ever grow.

Please mind your business afterall if am in need of business ideas there are countless threads here to read from and learn so please hold your peace.
I don't know if you're for real but if you're then your friend can go into a Free Range Snail Farming,it's not all Extensive and he should just use 1 Acre from the land for it,I'm not talking about the system with the cubicle structures to it,why I chose free range is cause labour is minimal but you still get to provide amenities for them and you'll still get the best out of your investment and looking at your write-ups,him going for something more technical "might" be hazardous or "not"
Less wahala but visible progress
I'm not interested in quoting figures that's not soo feasible for you but the sure thing is you'll get every penny spent without much stress
I'm MOBOJ SNAILS
For others reading
Moboj doesn't just say figures or tell you to use a system or not,we listen to your information and work on it in telling you which works for you best to minimize future hazard's wink
You can contact me on WhatsApp on
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by fullofgrace(m): 1:31am On Sep 17, 2019
They guy is just making caricature of the poor nairalanders in this forum because of his #5m.
I see no reason people with spare time with nice write up only for you to comment a disheartened comments.
Dear nairalanders may God bless the poor once among us to avoid such intimidation. If not for Nigeria, this is wat people pay money to get in western world.
And someone gave him for free and u make mess of it.
Money!!!!!!!!! I weep for poor people.
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by james550(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2019
fullofgrace:
They guy is just making caricature of the poor nairalanders in this forum because of his #5m.
I see no reason people with spare time with nice write up only for you to comment a disheartened comments.
Dear nairalanders may God bless the poor once among us to avoid such intimidation. If not for Nigeria, this is wat people pay money to get in western world.
And someone gave him for free and u make mess of it.
Money!!!!!!!!! I weep for poor people.

what do you mean?
The thing is am not the one who will pick.
I told you he will choose anyone he so chooses to partner with.

Stop been greedy and let people be.

There are a lot of farmers offline but hardly come online to share their knowlege.

They knew there is a lot of money there thats why they hate sharing it with anyone.

Please incase you are still wondering about growing vegetables as a business.
Please note there is a lot of money there thanks
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2019
james550:

what do you mean?
The thing is am not the one who will pick.
I told you he will choose anyone he so chooses to partner with.

Stop been greedy and let people be.

There are a lot of farmers offline but hardly come online to share their knowlege.

They knew there is a lot of money there thats why they hate sharing it with anyone.

Please incase you are still wondering about growing vegetables as a business.
Please note there is a lot of money there thanks

This is the secret here

You're well informed Sir. You not only know the secret behind their actions, you're seeing through their comments crystal clear

Kudos
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2019
Good Morning

Will there be an update to this thread?
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by healthserve(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
Ebije2, see another one of those threads and you'll see a pattern of attacks
Re: What Will You Do With 2.5 Million Naira In Agriculture? by mustaqeem80: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2019
I have a small scale of plantain farming in osun state and need a loan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plantain Plantations In Lagos And Ogun State / Durable Farm Equipment / Rabbits For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.