Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help (878 Views)

I Changed My Car Oil And Now I Hear A Knocking Sound / Timming Belt For Rav4 1999 Model / Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by ofemigeorge(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2019
Please my people i have a problem here with my car . I need your guidance.

I notice my toyota rav4 was sluggish and thought it neeed servicing. I took it to a mechanic and he insisted he will have to change these items, ENGINE OIL. OIL FILTER. SPARKPLUGS. SERVICING INJECTOR MOUTH. change the rolling BELT. VALVE COVER PACKING AND SEAL.

While trying to remive one of the sparkplug, the bootom half of the plug got stuck in its hole, and the top half was remove. He used a FLAT SCREW DRIVER and hammer to release the other half of the scredriver in the engine.

After all servicing been done. We started the engine. Only for is to hear a KNOCKING SOUND from the engine. Once i thottle,the faster and louder the knocking sound becomes.

He said he suspect the CRANSHAFT.
but told me to give him money for METAL AND MAINBEARING.
After changing it . The same knocking sound continues...
They claimed it was like that before bit that the old oil was very thick so the sound ws not audible.
Now they are dping trial and error....

Please anyone have experience on this...

I even advised them from my whole knowledege that maybe the plug is well FITTED. Or the VALVE and LIFTERS maybe loose or not receiving enough oil.

They didnt buy the idea. Now they are on a try and error find. Pls help ....

Area location; YABA LAGOS
Re: Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by TRYGO(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2019
Oh my God! You either replaced that engine, or ... Its gone too far already. I'm just sorry to say that!

Regards
Re: Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by sultaan(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
ofemigeorge:
Please my people i have a problem here with my car . I need your guidance.

I notice my toyota rav4 was sluggish and thought it neeed servicing. I took it to a mechanic and he insisted he will have to change these items, ENGINE OIL. OIL FILTER. SPARKPLUGS. SERVICING INJECTOR MOUTH. change the rolling BELT. VALVE COVER PACKING AND SEAL.

While trying to remive one of the sparkplug, the bootom half of the plug got stuck in its hole, and the top half was remove. He used a FLAT SCREW DRIVER and hammer to release the other half of the scredriver in the engine.

After all servicing been done. We started the engine. Only for is to hear a KNOCKING SOUND from the engine. Once i thottle,the faster and louder the knocking sound becomes.

He said he suspect the CRANSHAFT.
but told me to give him money for METAL AND MAINBEARING.
After changing it . The same knocking sound continues...
They claimed it was like that before bit that the old oil was very thick so the sound ws not audible.
Now they are dping trial and error....

Please anyone have experience on this...

I even advised them from my whole knowledege that maybe the plug is well FITTED. Or the VALVE and LIFTERS maybe loose or not receiving enough oil.

They didnt buy the idea. Now they are on a try and error find. Pls help ....

Area location; YABA LAGOS

You thought it needed service after it became sluggish.
How long ago did you service it before that thought occured to you
Re: Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by ofemigeorge(m): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
sultaan:

You thought it needed service after it became sluggish.
How long ago did you service it before that thought occured to you
I serviced it last 3months. Then i noticed that at top speed it feels like it loosing power. Thats when the mechanic checked and said he will need to change the belt, service the injector and change the plugs.
Re: Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by ofemigeorge(m): 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
TRYGO:
Oh my God!
You either replaced that engine, or ...
Its gone too far already.
I'm just sorry to say that!

Regards
Are you saying the engine is gone...just like that.
Ok if so what happened. How did it happen?
Re: Knocking Sound From Rav4 1999 Engine!!! Help by ofemigeorge(m): 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
Called my mechanic . He wants me to try to drive it down his place. For he cant show up in another mechanic shed. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Smuggled Vehicles: Customs Opens Window For Payment Of Duty / I Need Toyota Camry 05 With Budget Of #1m. / Uber, Bolt And Ocar Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.