Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? (1164 Views)

Parents Giving Out All Their Wealth To Charity When They Die. What's Your View? / Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by deturla: 8:33am On Sep 14, 2019
This is really deep and requires a sense of spirituality to understand and decipher, and because I do not know a lot about life and death, I'm not sure how to answer.

A reader of my relationship blog sent the text to me on WhatsApp, and truth is I've seen a lot of cases people get to iron their clothes before they die.

You can see my response below.

Now why do they do this?

Is it because they are embarking on journey?
Or because it is not their time yet?
Or a mere coincidence?

Cc: mynd44, daddykross, tosyn2much, vizkiz, lalasticlala

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by Jackossky(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2019
So that someone can have something to inherit after they are gone. Also, they care about what posterity would have to say about them, they want others to remember them for their cleanliness and godliness in life dealings.

Looking at it from a proverbial angle, there is that completeness that engulfs one when you iron your clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by deturla: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2019
Jackossky:
So that someone can have something to inherit after they are gone. Also, they care about what posterity would have to say about them, they want others to remember them for their cleanliness and godliness in life dealings.

Looking at it from a proverbial angle, there is that completeness that engulfs one when you iron your clothes.

Wow!

How about looking at it from a spiritual angle?

Can we your explanation should suffice too?
Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by deturla: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2019
Look at this

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by Amazingman(m): 8:58am On Sep 14, 2019
Ironing before death ? This is new

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by RoyalBlu(f): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2019
My dad had his clothes washed and pressed two days before he left us. Got to know this from my mom.
I didn't read any meaning to it since my dad was always impeccable in his appearance.

As a believer, I hope to see him at resurrection.

I typed this in tears. Lord! It's gon be a year next month and I still miss him so very much. Rest on daddy. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by deturla: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2019
RoyalBlu:
My dad had all his clothes washed two days before he left us. Got to know this from my mom.
I didn't read any meaning to it since my dad was always impeccable in his appearance.

As a believer, I hope to see him at resurrection.

I typed this in tears. Lord! It's gon be a year next month and I still miss him so very much. Rest on daddy. sad

Wow...May his soul continue to rest in peace.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Are you in Lagos? Will there be a remembrance service for him?
Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by RoyalBlu(f): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2019
sad
Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by RoyalBlu(f): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2019
deturla:

Wow...May his soul continue to rest in peace.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Are you in Lagos? Will there be a remembrance service for him?

Amen. Thank you smiley

Yes, there will be one. But not in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by missjo(f): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2019
Jackossky:

This and the subject of the thread amuses me.
So before the invention of irons in the days when no one pressed clothes, there was no completeness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Iron Their Clothes Before They Die? by missjo(f): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2019
deturla:
This is really deep and requires a sense of spirituality to understand and decipher, and because I do not know a lot about life and death, I'm not sure how to answer.

A reader of my relationship blog sent the text to me on WhatsApp, and truth is I've seen a lot of cases people get to iron their clothes before they die.

You can see my response below.

Now why do they do this?

Is it because they are embarking on journey?
Or because it is not their time yet?
Or a mere coincidence?

Cc: mynd44, daddykross, tosyn2much, vizkiz, lalasticlala

I fail to see the relationship between a human invention(pressing irons) and a celestial event(death) which precedes time itself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Professional Cleaning Service. / Gas And Electric Which Is Now Cheaper? / Sea Salt For Every Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.