Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation (474 Views)

Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes / United Kingdom Authorizes Law To Includes Mother's Name On Marriage Certificate / Regina Daniels In Tears As Chika Ike Speaks On Marriage With Ned Nwoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by bluebay(m): 12:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
Greetings my Brothers, Sisters. I have been having a pressing issue I want to share with you all and I need your advice . I am planning my marriage which is to take place by November by his grace but I am still hung in balance of how much it will cost . For I plan having the traditional on a low key and I want to have the church marriage then reception at event hall and right now, am having budget of 1M in total to do it . At the moment, the Dowry lost casts total of 320k and am planning to negotiate to cut it down but I done know if what’s left can carry the Church and reception ceremony. Please brothers and sisters, I need your advice. Thank you .
Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by Olorunnim: 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
If I were you I'd opt for a court marriage, and then reception. as most Marriages carried out in Religious And traditional settings Aren't recognised by law, But if you want to do so I think your in-laws should be able to understand the situation of things and just negotiate after all they're not selling their child.
Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2019
Haba! Dowry 320k?? Is it not too much? My advice for you is 'cut ur coat according to ur size.
Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by Keziehenry(m): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
You bidgeted for #1m hmmm, hope u are aware that buhari is still in power.
Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by Yusfunoble(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
I still don’t get the idea of spending more than you have on wedding. I mean it’s just your happiness and that of your wife that matters. Why do you want to spend so much to impress others?

Do court wedding, then go to reception with your families and about 10-20 friends. Let them enjoy themselves and take quality pictures/videos.

That’s all that matters, every other thing is show off. When you start drinking garri; no one will contribute to your life. My brother spend less on wedding and invest the rest in your life.
Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by purples25(f): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
I dont understand, this thing you are asking us, is it not your family that is supposed to sit and help you plan? You dont have any elder relative that will guide you except we strangers on nairaland?

Well, i dont know who you have but its good you're asking. Me i feel you should do the small thing that is within your power and be happily married.

Just spend what you can afford. If it is small you can afford, good. If it is a big something you can do, good, lol.

Don kee yourself.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Marriage Preparation by Justbeingreal(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
purples25:
I dont understand, this thing you are asking us, is it not your family that is supposed to sit and help you plan? You dont have any elder relative that will guide you except we strangers on nairaland?

Well, i dont know who you have but its good you're asking. Me i feel you should do the small thing that is within your power and be happily married.

Just spend what you can afford. If it is small you can afford, good. If it is a big something you can do, good, lol.

Don kee yourself.
@purple25 You know U&I got same view on this. @Op is about time we start doing things according to our capability we Africans especially Nigerians are stressing ourselves a lot on these wedding thing and forget that the main thing is the marriage itself and not the party.

Look at the wrestler/actor "The rock" wedding some weeks back with all the millions he has he did a simple wedding. Make we nor de kill ourselves here over the party the main goal is the marriage.

Look at all them celebs crashed marriages recently imagine all they spent yet the marriages ended before 5yrs mark. what matters is the aftermath do where your power reach cut cost like the pics I will post with this check what the couple decide to do. We need to be bold.

N.P. Don't misinterpret the pics those are two different events the I.V couple is different from the wedding pics.

I wish u success tho.

(1) (Reply)

(new Album) Tony Gold - Gbe Body Eh (the Ep) / Doja Cat – Say So (remix) Ft. Nicki Minaj |audio| / Supercomputer Predicts The Number Of Cases And Death Covid 19 Will Claim In Nige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.