Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,507 members, 7,861,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:33 PM

Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? (3169 Views)

Online Or Physical Church? / Is My Problem Spiritual Or Medical? / White Fasting And It’s Spiritual Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
I've physical evidence, I stated them in my previous post.
Your physical evidence is a picture shown to you by your father which can be real or not real. What if another man's picture is shown you as your great grand father, how do you authenticate? You cannot be definitive, 100%, that the picture shown to you is that of your great grandfather. The picture is a circumstantial evidence which you are shown as the true picture. What if, tomorrow, another picture popped up somewhere and your dad said 'oh, I made a mistake, this is original picture'. Since you dont know your great grandfather personally and never met him, you can only believe what you are told about him and ANY picture showed of him.

tintingz:
Santa has also appear in my dreams to give advice, does this is also apply?
Your use of santa clause is getting stale; be more resourceful in your argument. Your question does not sound like someone who wish to learn but drag an argument without anything to gain from it. I talked about dead relatives talking to people in their dreams and you are here talking about santa clause. You need to be a bit serious bro. As I said earlier, there is nothing that happen to man, either physically or subconsciously, that does not have a reason. There must be a cause and effect!

tintingz:
Dreams are just your figments of imaginations when your REM is active.
No, dreams have spiritual significance in the life of a man. A man can have a dream of an accident and it will happen in the physical world, either to the man or someone close to him. I have seen uncountable instances like this.

tintingz:
Then you cannot base your fact or truth on what it has not been critically examine.
The same way I cannot accept your showing me the picture of a great grand father because it cannot be 'critically examined' as a fact.

tintingz:
You are using the God of gaps argument. Because something cannot be explain therefore it's spiritual, you didn't consider other possibilities.
If one believes in the divine of course God can be invoked in an argument. There are many things beyond human comprehension and can only be attributed to cosmic forces. A friend of mine told me, when we were in primary 6, that he was a reincarnation of his late uncle who died during the Nigeria-Biafra war and that when he was born it was said, after much consultation with the 'Chi' that he will be a great man who will be a shinning light to the family and that he will travel to the US and become a great academic. At this point in time his father was an 'Obioma' tailor while his mother sold groundnut; they were very very poor. Almost 26 years after our conversation, the guy is in the US and had moves his parents to the US. The statement he made about 26 years ago was 100% correct.

tintingz:
Energy can be observe mister. We use energy to do many things.
Your argument had always been centered around 'facts and logic' and not on observation. Your including 'obervation' in your argument is a dramatic shift in your own policy of 'fact, logic and evidence'. If you cannot see but feel energy how can you ask someone to provide fact and logic? In order words what I feel can as well be used as a 'fact and logic', based on your own standard. If I say I feel the energy of the supernatural around me, is this still tenable to you or is what must be acceptable to be viewed using your own lenses? That is a logic of a pseudo-academic and a hypocrite.

tintingz:
I don't know how true this claim is. Some claim are exaggerated.
Any claim you can't personally supervise must be rejected, I see your wrap logic.

tintingz:
Can you demonstrate this? Bring a kid or anybody from anambra and let put him in a den of cobras.
I gave you a link, and as an inquisitive mind, I expected you to visit the community and prove me wrong. You have all the necessary information to do your checks. Do not be lazy.

tintingz:
Let's examine why they are not bitten.
Refer to my quote above.

tintingz:
Elephants can be dangerous when aggressive, in India they see elephants as divine in respect to their God Ganesha. This is also something spiritual to them.
You can be right, different people with different culture and spirituality.

tintingz:
Is a fairyland part of an alternative reality?
Fairytale is what you cannot prove to have happened. I have given you many personal and non-personal instances which validated the existence of the supernatural, it is left for you to do your independent research and drop that philosophy text which does not fully explain the complexities of life and human's spiritual nature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

Lol, are you saying snakes are not trained?

Ok, in Pokémon, monsters are friends with humans.

In india, elephants are their best friend.

Please if you have a logical argument kindly present them.
Goel:

Hello, I'm an Indian and elephants are very dangerous animals. Those who have elephants are a small community very skilled people with licenses. Elephants aren't caught & domesticated that easily and their transition to residential places is very restricted.
You won't able to handle an elephant once it gets spooked by any nuisance and how many lives & how much wealth it will threaten if not shooted down on the spot.

You Afros got even bigger elephants so you may know better how ugly they can make it.
@ Tintinz, I hope you will be humble enough enough to recant your fallacy: In india, elephants are their best friend.

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
Your physical evidence is a picture shown to you by your father which can be real or not real. What if another man's picture is shown you as your great grand father, how do you authenticate? You cannot be definitive, 100%, that the picture shown to you is that of your great grandfather. The picture is a circumstantial evidence which you are shown as the true picture. What if, tomorrow, another picture popped up somewhere and your dad said 'oh, I made a mistake, this is original picture'. Since you dont know your great grandfather personally and never met him, you can only believe what you are told about him and ANY picture showed of him.
I gave three physical evidences.

Pictures
My uncles and aunties
And home town.

These are physical evidences.

Your use of santa clause is getting stale; be more resourceful in your argument. Your question does not sound like someone who wish to learn but drag an argument without anything to gain from it. I talked about dead relatives talking to people in their dreams and you are here talking about santa clause. You need to be a bit serious bro. As I said earlier, there is nothing that happen to man, either physically or subconsciously, that does not have a reason. There must be a cause and effect!
Lol, why are you having problem with me seeing Santa in my dreams? You saw your dead relative in your dream which you can't prove, I said I saw Santa in my dream then you have problem with it?

No, dreams have spiritual significance in the life of a man. A man can have a dream of an accident and it will happen in the physical world, either to the man or someone close to him. I have seen uncountable instances like this.
Post hoc fallacy.

The same way I cannot accept your showing me the picture of a great grand father because it cannot be 'critically examined' as a fact.
The picture alone can be critically examine.

How do you think archeological evidence and physical evidence work?

If one believes in the divine of course God can be invoked in an argument. There are many things beyond human comprehension and can only be attributed to cosmic forces.

Again you're using God of the gaps argument.

If you don't understand this fallacy let me know.

A friend of mine told me, when we were in primary 6, that he was a reincarnation of his late uncle who died during the Nigeria-Biafra war and that when he was born it was said, after much consultation with the 'Chi' that he will be a great man who will be a shinning light to the family and that he will travel to the US and become a great academic. At this point in time his father was an 'Obioma' tailor while his mother sold groundnut; they were very very poor. Almost 26 years after our conversation, the guy is in the US and had moves his parents to the US. The statement he made about 26 years ago was 100% correct.

I'm also a reincarnation of my great grandfather.

Your argument had always been centered around 'facts and logic' and not on observation. Your including 'obervation' in your argument is a dramatic shift in your own policy of 'fact, logic and evidence'. If you cannot see but feel energy how can you ask someone to provide fact and logic? In order words what I feel can as well be used as a 'fact and logic', based on your own standard. If I say I feel the energy of the supernatural around me, is this still tenable to you or is what must be acceptable to be viewed using your own lenses? That is a logic of a pseudo-academic and a hypocrite.

Please define science.

I can see you're having issues with fact, logic and observation.

Any claim you can't personally supervise must be rejected, I see your wrap logic.
Where did I made this statement?

I gave you a link, and as an inquisitive mind, I expected you to visit the community and prove me wrong. You have all the necessary information to do your checks. Do not be lazy.
No, bring one anambra person here and let's test him with a cobra.

Fairytale is what you cannot prove to have happened. I have given you many personal and non-personal instances which validated the existence of the supernatural, it is left for you to do your independent research and drop that philosophy text which does not fully explain the complexities of life and human's spiritual nature.

You are yet to prove you saw your dead relative in your dream.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by Rilwayne001: 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:

Are you just seeing the bolded about him? Lol
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
@ Tintinz, I hope you will be humble enough enough to recant your fallacy: In india, elephants are their best friend.

Was this not what I tried to show you?

You said snakes don't torment people in anambra despite being dangerous and I said elephants are friends of Indians too.

You should get the sarcasm.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Goel:

Hello, I'm an Indian and elephants are very dangerous animals. Those who have elephants are a small community very skilled people with licenses. Elephants aren't caught & domesticated that easily and their transition to residential places is very restricted.
You won't able to handle an elephant once it gets spooked by any nuisance and how many lives & how much wealth it will threaten if not shooted down on the spot.

You Afros got even bigger elephants so you may know better how ugly they can make it.
I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

Was this not what I tried to show you?

You said snakes don't torment people in anambra despite being dangerous and I said elephants are friends of Indians too.

You should get the sarcasm.
Sorry bro, this is not sarcasm but your statement of fact which had been disproved as a lie. Why invoke 'sarcasm' after you were bursted? Say 'sorry' and move on; you are not dealing with kids.

And to correct your misquote, I never used the word 'torment' on the relationship between Python and man in anambra state. I said they lived in perfect harmony.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:07pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
I totally agree with you.
You said elephants are friends to man in India, do you now repudiate your initial false perception on the relationship between elephants and man in India?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:23pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
You said elephants are friends to man in India, do you now repudiate your initial false perception on the relationship between elephants and man in India?
It was a sarcasms.

You said snakes don't bite people in anambra and i said elephants are friends of Indians base on spirituality.

If you can still get this absurdity, I'm sorry I can't help.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
Sorry bro, this is not sarcasm but your statement of fact which had been disproved as a lie. Why invoke 'sarcasm' after you were bursted? Say 'sorry' and move on; you are not dealing with kids.

And to correct your misquote, I never used the word 'torment' on the relationship between Python and man in anambra state. I said they lived in perfect harmony.

Do you know what reductio ad absurdum means?

You made a claim about snakes not tormenting people in anambra and made same claim that elephants don't torments people in India.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
It was a sarcasms.

You said snakes don't bite people in anambra and i said elephants are friends of Indians base on spirituality.

If you can still get this absurdity, I'm sorry I can't help.
It is arrogance and stupidity to lie repeatedly in order to appear smart, at all cost,. I said snakes and man live in complete harmony, without any incident, in a community in anambra, which I still stand on as a fact and you countered that elephants are also friends of man in India and you were corrected for providing a wrong info. Pls stop all these bro; being an intellectual also demands honesty. If you can't be honest how can one take you serious?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

Do you know what reductio ad absurdum means?

You made a claim about snakes not tormenting people in anambra and made same claim that elephants don't torments people in India.
Elephants kill people in India. Please get your facts right and stop hiding behind sarcasm when caught providing a wrong info.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
It is arrogance and stupidity to lie repeatedly in order to appear smart, at all cost,. I said snakes and man live in complete harmony, without any incident, in a community in anambra, which I still stand on as a fact and you countered that elephants are also friends of man in India and you were corrected for providing a wrong info. Pls stop all these bro; being an intellectual also demands honesty. If you can't be honest how can one take you serious?
So taking someone info without reference is a fact right?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
Elephants kill people in India. Please get your facts right and stop hiding behind sarcasm when caught providing a wrong info.
Snakes kill people in anambra.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
thunderbj:
Am always confused to see a hardworking and talented person working and struggling to make it, after many years the individual would still be in the struggled mode. Then the person will go and seek for a Man Of God,who will start talking about generational curses and how it hindering from progressing. Then after prayers and battling spiritually things will start changing positively for the person.
Another one that do surprise me is about some not making sales in their business then they would start praying, the next thing business would boom up.
So my question is,our success in life is it about how hardworking we are or how much we pray to battle generational curses?

God purposed all humans to live as well meaning inhabitants on this planet, this means each and everyone of us will have what it takes to live as kings and queens. But Adam and Eve wanted more than that, they want to become gods to others {their progenies who will come later to live on this planet}.

That's the Genesis of our problem!

Ever since then most humans wanted to live like gods while their fellow man continue to serve as in worship them before they could eat, cloth themselves or have a roof over their heads!

Once i saw policemen carrying guns and running after a band of armed robbers, everyone around me were talking about the inefficiency of the police force. I asked "if everyone of us is to become his own driver, gateman, gardener, laundry man and the so on, would there be any need for jealousy or envy to the point of robbing our fellowman just to live big?" Of course there was no answer, until someone said
"but that's not possible"
another supported saying
"it doesn't even make sense"
still another said
"how can everyone of us live equally, so that there's neither boss nor servant?"

Well all the them are simply saying INDIRECTLY "God's plan of Paradise where no one will live as slave is not welcomed!"

But mention the name Jesus and see different dancing steps from all those standing in opposition to what Jesus lived and died for "God's Kingdom" where equality will be permanent! Micah 4:4

So Adam's sin brought a great curse on all his children {Genesis 3:17-19}so Satan (a mighty spirit being) seized that opportunity to steal from many to enrich few, in order to promote evil thoughts amongst humans!

Don't let anyone deceive you anymore with all those devilish teachings.
Of course God actually intervened in the cases of some of his prechristian faithful servants so that Satan won't just keep making them slaves to his own agents{Job 1:8-11} but right from the time of John the baptist, God no more intervened to support anyone for material gains! Matthew 11:12 compared to Luke 13:24

God's main focus now is the preaching and teaching about his Kingdom, so whoever has nothing to do with this program should forget about divine backing! Material possession has no place anymore before the true God now! Matthew 19:16-22 undecided
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by CodeTemplar: 2:28am On Sep 18, 2019
It is 99% spiritually inclined. Thats also why yahoo bois who want forceful wealth start it from the spirit realm.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2019
tintingz:

Lol, are you saying snakes are not trained?

Ok, in Pokémon, monsters are friends with humans.

In india, elephants are their best friend.

Please if you have a logical argument kindly present them.
tintingz:
Snakes kill people in anambra.
I think I have a better understanding of you now. Anyway, since you claim that Elephants and man are best of friends, see the link bellow that confirms your confusion:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/elephant-attacks-killed-369-people-in-odisha-since-2015-1570101-2019-07-16

I told you that in some communities in Anambra, man and python live in complete harmony without any known case of human-python incident. See the references again:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-town-man-pythons-harmony/

https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/inside-anambra-town-human-beings-huge-pythons/

You as a pseudo-atheist, who believed in physical evidence and facts, have been provided facts and links to do a personal research, but you are yet to produce any physical or circumstantial evidence to back-up your so-called 'facts' and 'claims'. I can't believe that you, a well known global atheist, will resort to using 'sarcasm technique' to cover-up for your errors. Once you can rightly explain the phenomenon which make it possible, for a certain people and community, to live and interact will snakes, viz-a-viz a wild animal, while others can't, then I can take you more serious. Aside that, your atheism stops and ends in your philosophy classroom.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2019
tintingz:
So taking someone info without reference is a fact right?
I believe you are smart enough to make a factual statement devoid any mistake. If you mean I shouldn't take whatever you say as true, if no reference is provided, why am I then debating you? Do you mean any information you provide must not be taken for face-value if you never provide any reference? Is that the new 'atheistic' norm and standard? I have learnt something new today.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2019
true2god:

I think I have a better understanding of you now. Anyway, since you claim that Elephants and man are best of friends, see the link bellow that confirms your confusion:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/elephant-attacks-killed-369-people-in-odisha-since-2015-1570101-2019-07-16
It's a pity how you can't get a simple reductio ad absurdum.

I told you that in some communities in Anambra, man and python live in complete harmony without any known case of human-python incident. See the references again:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-town-man-pythons-harmony/

https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/inside-anambra-town-human-beings-huge-pythons/

You as a pseudo-atheist, who believed in physical evidence and facts, have been provided facts and links to do a personal research, but you are yet to produce any physical or circumstantial evidence to back-up your so-called 'facts' and 'claims'. I can't believe that you, a well known global atheist, will resort to using 'sarcasm technique' to cover-up for your errors. Once you can rightly explain the phenomenon which make it possible, for a certain people and community, to live and interact will snakes, viz-a-viz a wild animal, while others can't, then I can take you more serious. Aside that, your atheism stops and ends in your philosophy classroom.

Do snakes hunt people?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2019
true2god:
I believe you are smart enough to make a factual statement devoid any mistake. If you mean I shouldn't take whatever you say as true, if no reference is provided, why am I then debating you? Do you mean any information you provide must not be taken for face-value if you never provide any reference? Is that the new 'atheistic' norm and standard? I have learnt something new today.
Ok.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2019
Wow!
Only two persons made references to the Bible!
Whereas majority of these followers are claiming to be believers in one way or the other. embarassed
Even though you don't accept Jesus as the Bible presented him, i can't leave without saying thank you Sonmvayina for upholding the the Bible {though partially} as the only authority to reckon with on the matter! smiley
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2019
tintingz:
It's a pity how you can't get a simple reductio ad absurdum.
Using philosophical buzz words does not win an argument or makes one intelligent. You don't use sarcasm when you engage someone in an intellectual discussion; it is a sign of unseriousness and intellectual immaturity.

tintingz:
Do snakes hunt people?
Snakes do not ordinary hunt people neither are snakes socially programmed to be friendly with human; snakes psychological make-up do not make them act like a dog to man. Snakes will naturally attack human if feel threatened; however larger snakes like Boa constrictor or python can/will hunt man (because their size give them more confidence) if anyone encroach their natural habitat.

As an 'atheist' who believe in 'facts and physical evidence', how do you rationalize the fact that almost all known snakes run away whenever and wherever they come in contact with a bitter kola while this same phenomenon does not happen to other (or similar) reptiles? What is the valid scientific explanation to this phenomenon and why are rodent or other reptiles not affected at the presence of bitter kola but only mostly snakes?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2019
true2god:
Using philosophical buzz words does not win an argument or makes one intelligent. You don't use sarcasm when you engage someone in an intellectual discussion; it is a sign of unseriousness and intellectual immaturity.
So you are saying reductio ad absurdum is not used in an intellectual argument or philosophical argument?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Snakes do not ordinary hunt people neither are snakes socially programmed to be friendly with human; snakes psychological make-up do not make them act like a dog to man. Snakes will naturally attack human if feel threatened; however larger snakes like Boa constrictor or python can/will hunt man (because their size give them more confidence) if anyone encroach their natural habitat.

As an 'atheist' who believe in 'facts and physical evidence', how do you rationalize the fact that almost all known snakes run away whenever and wherever they come in contact with a bitter kola while this same phenomenon does not happen to other (or similar) reptiles? What is the valid scientific explanation to this phenomenon and why are rodent or other reptiles not affected at the presence of bitter kola but only mostly snakes?
What bitter kola are they running from? grin

Pythons don't hunt humans, it's not common for them.

We need to know the kind of snakes that exist in that area.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2019
tintingz:
So you are saying reductio ad absurdum is not used in an intellectual argument or philosophical argument?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
This is what I told you: Using philosophical buzz words does not win an argument or makes one intelligent. You don't use sarcasm when you engage someone in an intellectual discussion; it is a sign of unseriousness and intellectual immaturity.. Using philosophical buzz word in a public discourse is a form of showmanship and does not make sense. You debate to make sense and not to impress or show off.

tintingz:
What bitter kola are they running from? grin
This is where I am actually going to; to expose your 'dogma' and let you understand that there are many things can science can hardly explain but can be spiritually and naturally explained. All over the world, bitter kola is a natural remedy to keep snakes away from your premises and I need an atheist to explain this phenomenon to me. How is this possible? See links below to help you more get a better understanding of what I am talking about.
https://maajay..com/2017/11/safety-tips-to-avoid-snake-bites.html
https://pearlosibu./2013/06/11/20-things-to-do-when-you-have-a-snake-in-your-apartment/
https://yagbeonilu.com/orogbo-bitter-kola-spiritual-benefits/

tintingz:
Pythons don't hunt humans, it's not common for them.
Python do kill if one encroach it habitat. See news below: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39427462

tintingz:
We need to know the kind of snakes that exist in that area.
Bitter kola repel all snakes and I need you provide philosophical and scientific phenomenon that makes it possible.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2019
true2god:
This is what I told you: Using philosophical buzz words does not win an argument or makes one intelligent. You don't use sarcasm when you engage someone in an intellectual discussion; it is a sign of unseriousness and intellectual immaturity.. Using philosophical buzz word in a public discourse is a form of showmanship and does not make sense. You debate to make sense and not to impress or show off.
I'm not here to win any argument.

Philosophical words are very valid in an argument that has to do spirituality. Please go and understand what philosophy is.

This is where I am actually going to; to expose your 'dogma' and let you understand that there are many things can science can hardly explain but can be spiritually and naturally explained. All over the world, bitter kola is a natural remedy to keep snakes away from your premises and I need an atheist to explain this phenomenon to me. How is this possible? See links below to help you more get a better understanding of what I am talking about.
https://maajay..com/2017/11/safety-tips-to-avoid-snake-bites.html
https://pearlosibu./2013/06/11/20-things-to-do-when-you-have-a-snake-in-your-apartment/
https://yagbeonilu.com/orogbo-bitter-kola-spiritual-benefits/

This is argument from Ignorance.

So because bitter kola repel snakes therefore Its spiritual?

Maybe Panadol that cure headache is also spiritual.

Oga, you don't fill your ignorance with fallacies. FYI there are various plants that repel snakes, snakes might be allergic to these plants, I haven't done research to that. Bitter Kola is natural whatever claim you said it repel snakes must be natural.

Python do kill if one encroach it habitat. See news below: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39427462
Are anambra people living in their(snakes) home?

Bitter kola repel all snakes and I need you provide philosophical and scientific phenomenon that makes it possible.
Evidence that it repel all snakes.

Like I said, there are various plants said to repel snakes due to chemicals they contain.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
tintingz:
I'm not here to win any argument.

Philosophical words are very valid in an argument that has to do spirituality. Please go and understand what philosophy is.
Ok.

tintingz:
This is argument from Ignorance.
What you do not know becomes an 'argument from Ignorance' by default. I understand better.

tintingz:
So because bitter kola repel snakes therefore Its spiritual?
You can provide a proven scientific angle to this phenomenon; not your usual strawman or guess work. A hardcore scientific explanation on why and how it is possible.

tintingz:
Maybe Panadol that cure headache is also spiritual.
Panadal was clinically tested and 'guinea pig' experiment carried out before it's prescription and administration to patients. You analogy here does not make sense.

tintingz:
Oga, you don't fill your ignorance with fallacies. FYI there are various plants that repel snakes, snakes might be allergic to these plants, I haven't done research to that. Bitter Kola is natural whatever claim you said it repel snakes must be natural.
Your initial post denied the fact that bitter kola repel snakes but thank God you have brought in the 'natural' dimension to the argument. It still begs the question, based on your standard (physical facts and logic), what physical and logical qualities does bitter kola posses that makes it possible to repel snake, from the scientific point of view? If you don't know you can humble say 'I don't know'.

tintingz:
Are anambra people living in their(snakes) home?
Amnesia is of course not a good trait of a self-professed atheist. I told you that they exist harmoniosly in the same community; they share the same living space (Man and python). How come Burmenese pythons kill the local inhabitants while 'Anambra' pythons live in peace with human? Explain this strange social and scientific phenomenon.

tintingz:
Evidence that it repel all snakes.
I have provided you various link which can aid your independent investigation. You won't but would rather argue, rather lazily, on your keyboard.

tintingz:
Like I said, there are various plants said to repel snakes due to chemicals they contain.
Mention the chemicals that are contained in bitter kola that have been scientifically proven that enables this phenomenon while it doesn't affect other reptiles (but snakes alone).
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
true2god:
Ok.

What you do not know becomes an 'argument from Ignorance' by default. I understand better.
When you don't know something, you say "I don't know" but when you say this thing can't be explain therefore it must be spiritual or this or that then you are "arguing from Ignorance". You're filling the gap out of Ignorance.

The problem with this "argument from Ignorance" is what if we later can explain this phenomena, won't this contradict your initial claim?

You can provide a proven scientific angle to this phenomenon; not your usual strawman or guess work. A hardcore scientific explanation on why and how it is possible.
I've demonstrated your argument from Ignorance and it problems. So please stop arguing from Ignorance.

I have not done research to that level, if science cannot explain this phenomena now, please don't be quick to conclude it's spiritual or fill the gap out of Ignorance. It's better to admit I don't know yet, we may know in the future.

Panadal was clinically tested and 'guinea pig' experiment carried out before it's prescription and administration to patients. You analogy here does not make sense.
Exactly my point here. Panadol has been tested and experimented, has bitter Kola be experimented or scientifically tested? Im sure you don't know, how come you conclude it's spiritual?

Always leave room for other possibilities.

Your initial post denied the fact that bitter kola repel snakes but thank God you have brought in the 'natural' dimension to the argument. It still begs the question, based on your standard (physical facts and logic), what physical and logical qualities does bitter kola posses that makes it possible to repel snake, from the scientific point of view? If you don't know you can humble say 'I don't know'.
I don't know.

Now do you admit you don't know as well?

Amnesia is of course not a good trait of a self-professed atheist. I told you that they exist harmoniosly in the same community; they share the same living space (Man and python). How come Burmenese pythons kill the local inhabitants while 'Anambra' pythons live in peace with human? Explain this strange social and scientific phenomenon.
Again, it's not common for python to hunt people. The people in anambra are not hunting pythons or the snakes why should any snakes be tormenting them?

Snakes only strikes when they feel threatened.

I have provided you various link which can aid your independent investigation. You won't but would rather argue, rather lazily, on your keyboard.
Please from the link quote out where it said it repel all snakes.

Mention the chemicals that are contained in bitter kola that have been scientifically proven that enables this phenomenon while it doesn't affect other reptiles (but snakes alone).

https://healthroot.com/bitter-kola/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/scientists-validate-plants-that-repel-snakes/amp/
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
tintingz:
When you don't know something, you say "I don't know" but when you say this thing can't be explain therefore it must be spiritual or this or that then you are "arguing from Ignorance". You're filling the gap out of Ignorance.

The problem with this "argument from Ignorance" is what if we later can explain this phenomena, won't this contradict your initial claim?
You don't belief in the spiritual or that supernatural forces exist, so it is almost futile trying to explain basic spiritual fact to you. If however an argument is brought up that defies scientific rules, you will reject such claim and ask us to wait for scientific validation before such phenomenon will be accepted. I used your great great grandfather as an example, that you never knew or met him does not discount the fact that he existed. If, however someone asked you to definitely prove he is your great great grandfather, you cannot. In summary, for the fact that you cannot give a 100% explanation to a particularly consistent observation does not there are no rules governing the occurrence. I also use dreams to explain a certain accept of human life but you retorted to absurdities by invoking your regular 'santa clause'. This is an irredeemable state bro.

tintingz:
I've demonstrated your argument from Ignorance and it problems. So please stop arguing from Ignorance.

I have not done research to that level, if science cannot explain this phenomena now, please don't be quick to conclude it's spiritual or fill the gap out of Ignorance. It's better to admit I don't know yet, we may know in the future.
Science, from time immemorial, never discounted the existence of the spiritual. The notion of the absence of the spiritual is only associated with atheism. Atheism is not a new form of science, it is a belief that deny the existence of the 'spirit factor'. If science cannot explain a phenomenon that does not make atheism a philosophical alternative to explain or suspend the spiritual interpretation of an occurrence.

tintingz:
Exactly my point here. Panadol has been tested and experimented, has bitter Kola be experimented or scientifically tested? Im sure you don't know, how come you conclude it's spiritual?
Scientists believe in the UFOs but has no scientific explanation to it. There are many things scientist believe in but cannot completely validate with physical experiment. I don't think you have any scientific scholarship to determine how scientific thought must or should work.

tintingz:
Always leave room for other possibilities.
Yes, but also give me for alternative argument to avoid 'academic dogmatism'.

tintingz:
I don't know.
You be ready to learn new things. Knowledge acquisition does not start and end in science laboratory. I don't want to to dabble into spiritism; if you do you wont come here shouting 'I am an atheist'. You will see beyond what you bargained for, so I wont want to to seek spiritual enlightenment or knowledge.

tintingz:
Now do you admit you don't know as well?
Life is never in a vacuum; the law of cause and effect is applicable both is physics and metaphysics. Lets stop there for now.

tintingz:
Again, it's not common for python to hunt people. The people in anambra are not hunting pythons or the snakes why should any snakes be tormenting them?
You said python never attacked people but I show you the python had killed many people. Snake generally are not domestic animals and cannot be tamed. Snakes are will animals and may not necessarily go quietly if you dont attack. They are still regarded as the most dangerous wild animal in the world. Snake is the highest killer of man among all the wild animals. It is very childish to assume that there is a symbiotic relationship between snakes and people in Anambra state; the relationship is both cultural and spiritual and has nothing to do with mutual respect. This is a sociocultural condition even your greatest atheist can never explain; or should we wait for science to explain this para-normal situation in the future?

tintingz:
Snakes only strikes when they feel threatened.
Yes, but black mamba does not always obey this rule and pythons, in their natural habitats, do not obey this rule.

tintingz:
Please from the link quote out where it said it repel all snakes.

https://healthroot.com/bitter-kola/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/scientists-validate-plants-that-repel-snakes/amp/
This is what I call desperation; googling and searching, in desperation, in order to validate a false premise. For your information, even if you hide bitter kola in your inner jacket and wear another jacket on it, snakes will still avoid you. Your concepts of 'chemical substance' does not stand a ground here. This is a simple trado-cultural concept that science have never explained. To rest my case here, not all phenomenon known, as true, must/can/should necessarily be explained by science.

You are confusing me though, are you an atheist or a scientist?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
true2god:
You don't belief in the spiritual or that supernatural forces exist, so it is almost futile trying to explain basic spiritual fact to you. If however an argument is brought up that defies scientific rules, you will reject such claim and ask us to wait for scientific validation before such phenomenon will be accepted. I used your great great grandfather as an example, that you never knew or met him does not discount the fact that he existed. If, however someone asked you to definitely prove he is your great great grandfather, you cannot. In summary, for the fact that you cannot give a 100% explanation to a particularly consistent observation does not there are no rules governing the occurrence. I also use dreams to explain a certain accept of human life but you retorted to absurdities by invoking your regular 'santa clause'. This is an irredeemable state bro.
You haven't proof this spirituality to us, replace spirituality to fairies and see the absurdity.

My great great grandfather exist, he was a natural physical being. I don't understand your argument here.

Please leave my santa alone, I don't know why you have problem with me seeing santa, santa is real and I've met him in my dreams.

Science, from time immemorial, never discounted the existence of the spiritual. The notion of the absence of the spiritual is only associated with atheism. Atheism is not a new form of science, it is a belief that deny the existence of the 'spirit factor'. If science cannot explain a phenomenon that does not make atheism a philosophical alternative to explain or suspend the spiritual interpretation of an occurrence.
Science have nothing to do with spiritism, spiritism are fairytales, science deal with observable phenomena that are natural, except you agree spirits are natural.

Correction, Atheism is lack in belief in Gods/spiritual beings not denying Gods/spiritual being, using "denying" is like there is evidence somewhere but we deny it which is not atheism position.

Theists claim there's God or spiritual beings, Atheists are asking for evidence for this claim, since no evidence has been presented, we lack the belief in theists claims.

Scientists believe in the UFOs but has no scientific explanation to it. There are many things scientist believe in but cannot completely validate with physical experiment. I don't think you have any scientific scholarship to determine how scientific thought must or should work.

Science don't or may believe in aliens or UFOs, they are just assumptions for possibilities.

Yes, but also give me for alternative argument to avoid 'academic dogmatism'.
Possibilities are any assumptions you can think of.

You be ready to learn new things. Knowledge acquisition does not start and end in science laboratory. I don't want to to dabble into spiritism; if you do you wont come here shouting 'I am an atheist'. You will see beyond what you bargained for, so I wont want to to seek spiritual enlightenment or knowledge.
Dude, I was a spiritual person for a long time. Don't make it seems I don't have any knowledge of this.

Life is never in a vacuum; the law of cause and effect is applicable both is physics and metaphysics. Lets stop there for now.
You don't want to admit you don't know which I've done.

Who's now behaving arrogant now?

You said python never attacked people but I show you the python had killed many people. Snake generally are not domestic animals and cannot be tamed. Snakes are will animals and may not necessarily go quietly if you dont attack. They are still regarded as the most dangerous wild animal in the world. Snake is the highest killer of man among all the wild animals. It is very childish to assume that there is a symbiotic relationship between snakes and people in Anambra state; the relationship is both cultural and spiritual and has nothing to do with mutual respect.
Again, it's not common for snakes to hunt people.

Snakes can be tamed.

Its illogical to think throughout centuries there have never been snake attack on someone in anambra, it's just illogical. It's like saying no mosquito has never bite someone.

This is a sociocultural condition even your greatest atheist can never explain; or should we wait for science to explain this para-normal situation in the future?
Yes, if it take science years of research to study this phenomena its still very valid, this is the purpose of science. You don't conclude on something you don't know, this is fallacy and nonsensical.

Thunder and lightning was once seen as spiritual in the past, fast forward now science can explain how thunder and lightning works, so what happen to the initial claim of the phenomena?

Yes, but black mamba does not always obey this rule and pythons, in their natural habitats, do not obey this rule.
Smh, sigh.

This is what I call desperation; googling and searching, in desperation, in order to validate a false premise. For your information, even if you hide bitter kola in your inner jacket and wear another jacket on it, snakes will still avoid you. Your concepts of 'chemical substance' does not stand a ground here. This is a simple trado-cultural concept that science have never explained. To rest my case here, not all phenomenon known, as true, must/can/should necessarily be explained by science.
Lol! Evidence please?.

You are confusing me though, are you an atheist or a scientist?
I'm not a scientist, I'm an atheist that love science.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by Highshuula1: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
I'm being sincere right now.
Tintingz is really really making use of his common sense way more than true2god.
True2god isn't fully conscious about the activities around him,it's very obvious he lacked the proper approach to analyzing things happening around him.
I can't blame him,it's everywhere.
Hardly will someone(especially believer) say something where I am,I will take over an hour explain to them why I'm right and why they are wrong - they always admit after I make it obvious for them.
Common sense is so rare nowadays that if you're just doing or saying things commonsensically you become a lunatic / genius.
True2god wants Tintingz to drop philosophy for faith because we live in a complex world where we don't have understanding of everything - that's rediculous.
The grandfather he brought up is very weak too because we can scientifically know if the claimed grandpa is actually his grandpa -it's called "DNA grandparent"
Even if the baba is dead we can dig him up to take samples.

If true2god is actually conscious about what he's bringing up he should already know all these but as I said it's very difficult to think straight in our society because the indoctrination happened when we were very young.
I laugh at how stupid I was in the past (checking a long Facebook chat where I was defending God) I sounded very stupid but it's all down to -I wasn't conscious enough and I wasn't approaching everything with common sense.

True2god also brought up his primary 6 friend who later ended up traveling to the United state.
Just because someone had a dream of me drinking champaign and pizza and I actually do that after like 2 years doesn't mean the dream is true.
Hearing someone narrate dreams like that can Motivate me,i will be full of how I wish it's true or happening now and work towards it.

True2god also said facts and logic only and not observation,can you do fact and logic without observing? It's an off point from true2god .

Also none of your personal and non personal instances is enough to validate anything. Don't you think??
You said something that might be a lie,we need proof.
Your supernatural claim requires supernatural evidences because what you're claiming is a law that doesn't work on earth.
I cannot say my dad has 4 head and Walk away free without showing evidence and expect people to believe me. All your instances proved nothing.
You're just explaining fantasy.

My instinct told me Tintingz is lieing about using sarcasm,he only exaggerated the elephants are their friend in India � .
Can we take an angry black mamba to that abambra? Because it's nothing special cus pythons hardly pray on humans like that..

True2god also write off coincidence in the part where he try to defend modern medication and prayer..very funny
2+2=4
2+2+0=4 (zero is useless)
0+0=0
0+4=4
That's how prayer works.
Just like 0.
Sit there doing nothing but taking credit just for being part of the equation.
To step down the viral load of an hiv patient you need anti retroviral whatever they call it you don't even need prayer.
only prayer cannot make it drop a bit.
Prayer will only work even you include equation like medication...

Might check back later...feeling sleepy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
Highshuula1:
I'm being sincere right now.
Tintingz is really really making use of his common sense way more than true2god.
True2god isn't fully conscious about the activities around him,it's very obvious he lacked the proper approach to analyzing things happening around him.
I can't blame him,it's everywhere.
Hardly will someone(especially believer) say something where I am,I will take over an hour explain to them why I'm right and why they are wrong - they always admit after I make it obvious for them.
Common sense is so rare nowadays that if you're just doing or saying things commonsensically you become a lunatic / genius.
True2god wants Tintingz to drop philosophy for faith because we live in a complex world where we don't have understanding of everything - that's rediculous.
The grandfather he brought up is very weak too because we can scientifically know if the claimed grandpa is actually his grandpa -it's called "DNA grandparent"
Even if the baba is dead we can dig him up to take samples.

If true2god is actually conscious about what he's bringing up he should already know all these but as I said it's very difficult to think straight in our society because the indoctrination happened when we were very young.
I laugh at how stupid I was in the past (checking a long Facebook chat where I was defending God) I sounded very stupid but it's all down to -I wasn't conscious enough and I wasn't approaching everything with common sense.

True2god also brought up his primary 6 friend who later ended up traveling to the United state.
Just because someone had a dream of me drinking champaign and pizza and I actually do that after like 2 years doesn't mean the dream is true.
Hearing someone narrate dreams like that can Motivate me,i will be full of how I wish it's true or happening now and work towards it.

True2god also said facts and logic only and not observation,can you do fact and logic without observing? It's an off point from true2god .

Also none of your personal and non personal instances is enough to validate anything. Don't you think??
You said something that might be a lie,we need proof.
Your supernatural claim requires supernatural evidences because what you're claiming is a law that doesn't work on earth.
I cannot say my dad has 4 head and Walk away free without showing evidence and expect people to believe me. All your instances proved nothing.
You're just explaining fantasy.

My instinct told me Tintingz is lieing about using sarcasm,he only exaggerated the elephants are their friend in India � .
Can we take an angry black mamba to that abambra? Because it's nothing special cus pythons hardly pray on humans like that..

True2god also write off coincidence in the part where he try to defend modern medication and prayer..very funny
2+2=4
2+2+0=4 (zero is useless)
0+0=0
0+4=4
That's how prayer works.
Just like 0.
Sit there doing nothing but taking credit just for being part of the equation.
To step down the viral load of an hiv patient you need anti retroviral whatever they call it you don't even need prayer.
only prayer cannot make it drop a bit.
Prayer will only work even you include equation like medication...

Might check back later...feeling sleepy

In Hinduism elephants are Cherished and respected, Indians believe they are their friends due to their God Ganesha. Elephants symbolize many things in
India.

https://www.mexicaliblues.com/blogs/our-stories-mexicali-blues-blog/elephant-symbolism-meaning-of-the-elephant-as-an-animal-totem

I still stands on my statement that "elephants are friends of Indians" is a sarcasm a.k.a reductio absurdum for true2god claim that snakes live harmony with anambra people because of some spirituality.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by IFAnation: 2:56am On Feb 16, 2023
The spiritual controls the physical. You don't even have to believe it for this to be true. For spiritual divination, consult your IFA. You are an African first before a Christian/Moslem or whatever religion you profess. In some places today, their Orisha is still very potent; blessings are instant, judgement is swift. If you have no good IFA in your location, chat me on WhatsApp +234 812 667 8916

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leader O. O. Obu Visits The Apostolic Church In Dallas, Texas / New Music: Hillsong Worship- There Is More Full Album Download / Why Jehovah's Witnesses's Governing Body Does Not Apologize For Their mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.