Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim (10091 Views)

Boy Won ₦1.6m, Land And Hajj For Reciting The Qur'an (video) / Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
There is no evidence (daleel) for reciting al-Faatihah, Yaa sin, Qul Huwa llahu ahad (Al Ikhlas- 3 times) or any other part of the Qur’aan and giving (the reward for) it to the deceased. We must not do that, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did any such thing. As Muslims, we follow the way of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam.

We believe in the Prophet's message and his message was perfect and complete.Hence no need for baseless innovations.

What benefits the dead Muslim has been highlighted before in https://www.nairaland.com/4372370/deeds-meet-dead-muslims

We ask Allah to grant succor to all distressed/sick Muslims and we see His mercy & forgiveness for our dead.

12 Likes

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
And also Suratul yasin

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Kakamorufu(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2019
so what should we recite for the dead.. ayat kursiy?

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Sheriman(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Thank God It Friday
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by cometozizo(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2019
jumat mubarak
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by newguy1(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2019
You are wrong reciting prayer for the dead is one of the best things you can do for them, reciting faatiah or Yasin, ikhlas after praying for them is not wrong. In as much as u want to have a topic on Nairaland please endeavor to sometime complete your research on any topic you want to bring, such as the blessing in the surahs. No scholar will ever mandate it that these r d only Surah you can use to pray for the dead

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by ibrutex(m): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2019
does it mean we can't pray for the dead?

There are lots of thing we can do on behalf of our dead person (parent )..reciting suratul Mulik ,ikhlas and suratul Qadar.

among others on behalf of that person

a) planting of trees to serve as shade and for people to enjoy the fruits.
b) digging of well for people to enjoy.
c)performing hajj on their behalf.
d) or After reciting some chapters from the Qur'an to ask Allah to give them the reward of reciting it.

11 Likes

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by paperboi147: 8:47am On Sep 20, 2019
My brother you are right
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by TeeBabss(m): 8:49am On Sep 20, 2019
ibrutex:

U just spoke my mind

Or how can we pray for the dead
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by elmogaji(m): 8:49am On Sep 20, 2019
Please don’t mislead us

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by holladeemeji(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2019
This is quite confusing. There have been records of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) saying du’ah for the deceased.

Narrated AbuHurayrah: When the Messenger of Allah (SAW) prayed over a dead person, he said: O Allah, forgive those of us who are living and those of us who are dead, those of us who are present and those of us who are absent, our young and our old, our male and our female. O Allah, to whomsoever of us Thou givest life grant him life as a believer, and whomsoever of us Thou takest in death take him in death as a follower of Islam. O Allah, do not withhold from us the reward (of faith) and do not lead us astray after his death.

Another narration by Wathilah ibn al-Asqa': The Messenger of Allah (SAW) led us in prayer over the bier of a Muslim and I heard him say: O Allah, so and so, son of so and so, is in Thy protection, so guard him from the trial in the grave. (AbdurRahman in his version said: "In Thy protection and in Thy nearer presence, so guard him from the trial in the grave) and the punishment in Hell. Thou art faithful and worthy of praise. O Allah, forgive him and show him mercy. Thou art the forgiving and the merciful one."

There are no records of any quranic recitations though but I believe one may also pray for his/her deceased relatives in his/her own language using his/her own words.

And Allah Ta'ala knows best.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by paperboi147: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2019
newguy1:
You are wrong reciting prayer for the dead is one of the best things you can do for them, reciting faatiah or Yasin, ikhlas after praying for them is not wrong. In as much as u want to have a topic on Nairaland please endeavor to sometime complete your research on any topic you want to bring, such as the blessing in the surahs. No scholar will ever mandate it that these r d only Surah you can use to pray for the dead
my brother reciting the above listed chapters for the dead person is wrong
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AnikeAyaOba(f): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2019
newguy1:
Am speechless ... I don't think there's anything wrong in praying for dead ones... so! as a daughter now,i should not pray for my late dad?.. I support you too
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2019
holladeemeji:
This is quite confusing. There have been records of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) saying du’ah for the deceased.

Narrated AbuHurayrah: When the Messenger of Allah (SAW) prayed over a dead person, he said: O Allah, forgive those of us who are living and those of us who are dead, those of us who are present and those of us who are absent, our young and our old, our male and our female. O Allah, to whomsoever of us Thou givest life grant him life as a believer, and whomsoever of us Thou takest in death take him in death as a follower of Islam. O Allah, do not withhold from us the reward (of faith) and do not lead us astray after his death.

Another narration by Wathilah ibn al-Asqa': The Messenger of Allah (SAW) led us in prayer over the bier of a Muslim and I heard him say: O Allah, so and so, son of so and so, is in Thy protection, so guard him from the trial in the grave. (AbdurRahman in his version said: "In Thy protection and in Thy nearer presence, so guard him from the trial in the grave) and the punishment in Hell. Thou art faithful and worthy of praise. O Allah, forgive him and show him mercy. Thou art the forgiving and the merciful one."

There are no records of any quranic recitations though but I believe one may also pray for his/her deceased relatives in his/her own language using his/her own words.

This is the sunnatic way to pray for the dead, reciting Quran is bid'a (innovations) because the prophet (who understands Islam perfectly) didn't do that. Let us stick to sunnah alone.

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by verifiablefacts: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2019
TeeBabss:

U just spoke my mind
Or how can we pray for the dead
children can pray for forgiveness ,for their parents.
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Caseless: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2019
ibrutex:

There are lots of thing we can do on behalf of our dead person (parent )..reciting suratul Mulik ,ikhlas and suratul Qadar.

among others on behalf of that person

a) planting of trees to serve as shade and for people to enjoy the fruits.
b) digging of well for people to enjoy.
c)performing hajj on their behalf.
d) or After reciting some chapters from the Qur'an to ask Allah to give them the reward of reciting it.
thank you.

You don't recite for them, you pray that the reward of recitation be given to them. These modern scholars would confuse you if one is not careful.

3 Likes

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Fkhalifa(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Op, you are wrong with the You must not recite statement..
You even failed to provide the sunnatic or best duaa, also doing good deeds on beahalf of dead gets to them, expecially if its coming from righteous children, reciting Qur'an is a good act that can get to them..

Religion isn't hard, stop bidializing everything.

3 Likes

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 20, 2019
Op u are wrong! we recite Suratul iklas for death is that not surah in quran
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 11:09am On Sep 20, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Op, you are wrong with the You must not recite statement..
You even failed to provide the sunnatic or best duaa, also doing good deeds on beahalf of dead gets to them, expecially if its coming from righteous children, reciting Qur'an is a good act that can get to them..

Religion isn't hard, stop bidializing everything.

nazram1:
Op u are wrong! we recite Suratul iklas for death is that not surah in quran

Caseless:
thank you.

You don't recite for them, you pray that the reward of recitation be given to them. These modern scholars would confuse you if one is not careful.

AnikeAyaOba:

Am speechless ... I don't think there's anything wrong in praying for dead ones... so! as a daughter now,i should not pray for my late dad?.. I support you too

holladeemeji:

elmogaji:
Please don’t mislead us

newguy1:

Kakamorufu:
so what should we recite for the dead.. ayat kursiy?

Where can we find it in the Qur'an and Sunnah to recite a particular Surah for the dead?

Since the Prophet did not do it then let's leave it and do what he ordered us to do.

Below are the deeds that meet the dead:

1.Ongoing Charity.e.g. a waqf or endowment.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, e.g. a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no 1376; he said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

It says in Tuhfat al-Muhtaaj (7/72):

"The deceased can benefit from charity given on his behalf, which includes a waqf of a Mus-haf etc, or digging a well (borehole), or planting a tree, whether he does that during his lifetime or it is done by someone else on his behalf after his death."
This includes building mosque on behalf of the dead

2. A du'a made by a righteous son/daughter. This is by far the easiest and simplest way to increase the good deeds of our dead Muslims.

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young’”

[al-Isra’ 17:24]

3. Beneficial knowledge which the dead left behind.

4. Other Charity done on behalf of the dead.

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

5. Fulfilling the vows of the dead if it does not contradict Islam.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

6. Paying the debt of the dead. e.g. Ramadan fasts, money, e.t.c

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

7. Performing Hajj/Umrah on behalf of the dead.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to one who asked him about Hajj: “Don’t you think that if your mother had a debt, you would pay it off for her?” She said: “Yes.” He said: “A debt owed to Allaah is more deserving of being paid off.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6699; Muslim, 1148. However the one who is to do this must have first performed Hajj and ‘Umrah on his or her own behalf.

8. Alloting a share of the ('Eid al-adha) Sacrifice to one's dead.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) – and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

We should avoid bid'ia/innovations common around us which has no evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah! May Allah pardon and forgive the dead Muslims from the first Muslim till the last Aameen. May the peace and Blessings of Allah be on Muhammad , his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of ressurection. Aameen
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by rahman25: 11:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Says who please

paperboi147:

my brother reciting the above listed chapters for the dead person is wrong
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by principalgee: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2019
THIS WRITE UP CAN MISLEAD PEOPLE EASILY, IT SHOULD BE DELETED.
PRAYING FOR DEAD IS NEVER WRONG ACCORDING TO ISLAMIC RITE. PLEASE, LET MAKE ACCURATE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 11:27am On Sep 20, 2019
principalgee:
THIS WRITE UP CAN MISLEAD PEOPLE EASILY, IT SHOULD BE DELETED.
PRAYING FOR DEAD IS NEVER WRONG ACCORDING TO ISLAMIC RITE. PLEASE, LET MAKE ACCURATE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING.

Benefit us with the verses or narration where the Prophet recited any Surah for the dead.
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Fkhalifa(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2019
AbuTwins:

Can we do hajj for the dead?
Can we repay missed fast for the dead?
Can we pay debt for the dead?
Can we do an act of good deed and send the blessings and reward for the dead?

Where can we find it in the Qur'an and Sunnah to recite a particular Surah for the dead?

Since the Prophet did not do it then let's leave it and do what he ordered us to do.

Below are the deeds that meet the dead:

1.Ongoing Charity.e.g. a waqf or endowment.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, e.g. a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no 1376; he said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

It says in Tuhfat al-Muhtaaj (7/72):

"The deceased can benefit from charity given on his behalf, which includes a waqf of a Mus-haf etc, or digging a well (borehole), or planting a tree, whether he does that during his lifetime or it is done by someone else on his behalf after his death."
This includes building mosque on behalf of the dead

2. A du'a made by a righteous son/daughter. This is by far the easiest and simplest way to increase the good deeds of our dead Muslims.

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young’”

[al-Isra’ 17:24]

3. Beneficial knowledge which the dead left behind.

4. Other Charity done on behalf of the dead.

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

5. Fulfilling the vows of the dead if it does not contradict Islam.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

6. Paying the debt of the dead. e.g. Ramadan fasts, money, e.t.c

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

7. Performing Hajj/Umrah on behalf of the dead.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to one who asked him about Hajj: “Don’t you think that if your mother had a debt, you would pay it off for her?” She said: “Yes.” He said: “A debt owed to Allaah is more deserving of being paid off.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6699; Muslim, 1148. However the one who is to do this must have first performed Hajj and ‘Umrah on his or her own behalf.

8. Alloting a share of the ('Eid al-adha) Sacrifice to one's dead.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) – and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

We should avoid bid'ia/innovations common around us which has no evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah! May Allah pardon and forgive the dead Muslims from the first Muslim till the last Aameen. May the peace and Blessings of Allah be on Muhammad , his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of ressurection. Aameen

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by dreality: 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
Asalam alaykum. OP, please don't come and teach us wrong things. Muslims can recite the Quran and dedicate the rewards to their dead. There are numerous traditions of the Prophet s.a.w. which support this.
While I will come back to expantiate on this, it is in the hadith that:
1. recitation of Kursiyu for the dead gives light to the dead in the grave
2. recitation of suratu Yaasin (in graveyard according to the narration) stops punishment of the dead in the grave for a whole day and many others

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Oladele652(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
AbuTwins:
There is no evidence (daleel) for reciting al-Faatihah, Yaa sin, Qul Huwa llahu ahad (Al Ikhlas- 3 times) or any other part of the Qur’aan and giving (the reward for) it to the deceased. We must not do that, because it was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did any such thing. As Muslims, we follow the way of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wasalam.

We believe in the Prophet's message and his message was perfect and complete.Hence no need for baseless innovations.

What benefits the dead Muslim has been highlighted before in https://www.nairaland.com/4372370/deeds-meet-dead-muslims

We ask Allah to grant succor to all distressed/sick Muslims and we see His mercy & forgiveness for our dead.
Please don't mislead US
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
Oladele652:

Please don't mislead US

How am i misleading you? Am i calling you to do what the Prophet did not do?
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
dreality:
Asalam alaykum. OP, please don't come and teach us wrong things. Muslims can recite the Quran and dedicate the rewards to their dead. There are numerous traditions of the Prophet s.a.w. which support this.
While I will come back to expantiate on this, it is in the hadith that:
1. recitation of Kursiyu for the dead gives light to the dead in the grave
2. recitation of suratu Yaasin (in graveyard according to the narration) stops punishment of the dead in the grave for a whole day and many others

Subhanallah! OK, bring the Hadiths on it.
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by AbuTwins: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fkhalifa

Please stay on the topic.

Is it established in Islam to pray for the dead using by reciting any part of the Qur'an for the dead?

Give a narration from the Prophet that supports this.
Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by heryeendey(m): 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
why are some of you mixing things together? some people are just unnecessarily arguing over that which they know nothing of.
Take your to read what the OP said...he never claimed you can't pray for the deceased but,you can't select chapters in that regard. meanwhile,you can say any prayer,just not any chapter from the Qur'an

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
heryeendey:
why are some of you mixing things together? some people are just unnecessarily arguing over that which they know nothing of.
Take your to read what the OP said...he never claimed you can't pray for the deceased but,you can't select chapters in that regard. meanwhile,you can say any prayer,just not any chapter from the Qur'an

why but u know some of the duas comes from Quran. please stop misleading us

1 Like

Re: Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim by Aegerine: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
isram:
Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish

Killers

Lairs

Child 4ukers

Terrorist

Accept Jesus and be saved, that's the only way you can be free. Jesus Loves you

You set of people are fanatics and hatred runs in your veins.

I am very sure that Jesus is not proud of you right now

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Pray Five Times A Day / Ruling On Using Adhan Or Dhikr As Ringing Tone / No Protest In Islam.. .from Soheehul Bukharee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.