Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

The Spy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Spy (516 Views)

Daniel Silva's Portrait Of A Spy Juxtaposes Beauty And Terror / Spy Cheating Playing Cards Device Shop In India - Call +91-*9999_**9942_**42 / Spy Or Agent Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spy by Sezioha(m): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
I stood there, by the road side. I knew mother would be worried sick as the unusual had happened, which was unlikely of me. All I could think of was how to get home safe; the insecurities of my locality got me highly worried. I glanced at my Apple wristwatch mother bought for me two weeks ago. The time was 10:30pm on the dot. Most vehicles that passed by me where owned by private individuals. The ones meant for mass transit weren’t heading in my direction.

‘‘What have I gotten myself into?’’ I asked myself, knowing that I won’t get an answer.
Out of the blue, a white Bugatti 2016 model stopped right in front of me. A dark, tall, chubby and handsome looking gentleman rolled down the side screens.

‘‘Hello there young lady, are you going in my direction?’’ he asked with a big grin on his face.

I turned to face his inquisitive stare. I was in a state of dilemma for a moment, thoughts floated in my mind. I needed to get home on one hand, and I was too cautious about my safety on the other.

‘‘Don’t worry, I assure you that I won’t kidnap you, okay?’’ he quipped.

That statement from him surprised me. How on earth did he know exactly what I was thinking about? He looked nice and jovial from his appearance. My friend once told me about how her innocent uncle was kidnapped by a group of friendly-looking passengers he was unfortunate to transport; so, my suspicious about this guy was justified for me. Now that he had explicitly noticed my fears, I decided to take the risk—staying out any longer might be catastrophic for me, as thugs occasionally patrolled the streets at midnight.

‘‘Aren’t you going towards CBN?’’ he asked.

‘‘Yes sir, I am,’’ I replied, nodding my head.

‘‘Okay then, hop in, let me drop you off. I'm going towards the place anyway,’’ with amicable tone, he uttered.

I entered the car—my dream car. He drove while I kept mute for minutes, without saying any word. I was undisturbed for a moment, until the unexpected happened.

‘‘So Delilah, how have you been doing?’’ he inquired, smiling while he focused his sight on the road.

‘‘Wait, how did you know my name? I can’t remember introducing myself to you sir,’’ I replied, startled.

The song ‘Run for your life’ by The Beatles was playing on the car's radio from the loudspeakers of his car.

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/09/17/the-spy/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA / Epilogue “i Love You, But…” / Package At Give Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.