Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. (1399 Views)

Redefining Gameplay: Top Indie Games Worth Your Time / Top 10 Recommendation Of Indie Games For 2023 / See Some Interesting Offline Android Games That Don't Need Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Taavon2: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
My love for indie games strangely began when my "gaming" laptop became too old to play the latest AAA titles cry (This period of changii!! made it impractical to replace my system) Being the person I am who goes out of his way to look for distractions, I scoured the internet for games that could work on the geriatric machine. I initially began installing and playing ooooolder AA titles (that kind early 2000s) that were guaranteed to run smoothly. Some were nice sha; "Gun" for example. But last last it gets tiring. Not after playing games like Crysis 2 which have better story, graphics, gameplay and allowed the use of game pads. It was beginning to seem that my 3DS and I would just retire together for an indefinite honeymoon if I was to get my gaming fix.

I can't remember what made me install my first indie game sha. But since then I just can't get enough. By indie I am refering to games that aren't backed by big studios or publishers, usually the brainchild of private individuals or way smaller companies. One mad thing about indie games is the simplicity of both the most important "Gs" in gaming: Graphics and Gameplay. A good game need not have the thickest graphics that will pieces your graphics card (Crysis series come lemme knock your head) and the gameplay can be as simplistic as the solution to Nigeria's problems (expo: genocide of the ruling class (Just kidding grin)) but it just keeps you coming back. Another slightly nice thing is that some these games are available on other platforms ie. consoles, mobile etc. Hence that common argument about platform superiority can be largely avoided (because PC is the Master Race!!! cheesy) I'll talk about some that I liked. You can add yours if you've got any.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Taavon2: 11:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
Faster Than Light
The premise of this game is simple: There is a war in space between the Rebel Fleet and the side you fight for, the Galactic Federation. You are in command of a space ship with vital info that can help your side win the war. You just have to get it to the other side of the galaxy.

Standing between you and your goal are the Rebel ships, Pirates, useless asteroid fields and your ship's need for fuel, ammo and scrap which you get by defeating enemy ships or completing quests. To defeat enemies, you have to upgrade your ship's weapons and support systems. You need a crew to run the ship. You need to prevent intruders from breaching your ship and killing your crew etc. Also systems should be upgraded with sense if not game over. Lets say you upgrade your shields to the max, odieshi right? NO. An enemy crew can teleport into your ship to kill your crew. You can defend yourself by commanding your crew members or drones to attack them or by depriving the room they're in of oxygen. Lets say again that you've upgraded your weapons to the max but your blast doors are shite. A fire out break would spread easily and intruders also will make themselves at home in thy ship. My point is that everything matters

You win the game by reaching the final sector and defeating the Rebel flagship. The game is lost in any of these instances: your fuel finishes, all your crew are dead or your ship is destroyed in battle. A very immersive game from which my only gripe comes from it being punishingly difficult in anything but easy mode.

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Taavon2: 12:06am On Sep 18, 2019
Hotline Miami

This game is hard bruh. But very rewarding. Like Dark Souls 0.5 grin. Imagine a game where one hit kills you but it still makes sense. Don't let the graphics or lack thereof put you off; this game is very well made. There is actually no dull moment. Except when they kill you. And the deaths can pain eh.

In this game, you play a psychotic hit man who goes to gangster's turf to kill them with fists, knives, guns, bats, metal pipes, swords etc. Just that if they touch you peem! you have to restart the last uncompleted level. At the beginning of each stage you are to choose a mask which will grant you a slight perk (useless during my playthrough sha). I swear you can't finish this game without an Xbox 360 controller. The camera is top down which surprisingly works perfectly for it as it gives a wider field of vision which is very essential for knowing your enemies locations at all times. there are also different classes of gangsters with varying difficulties. Another very good game which takes time to fall in love with but is a happily ever after something.... till they kill you.

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Holuwatoobii(m): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
Chicken invaders digjim desperado

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Simplecity(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Holuwatoobii:
Chicken invaders
digjim
desperado
please where can i get digjim embarassed

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by Holuwatoobii(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
Simplecity:
please where can i get digjim embarassed

if it Ain't at oceanofgames.com
dunno where else bro

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by godsdon: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2019

Re: Some Interesting Indie Games. Add Yours. by gustavocavali: 12:50am On Sep 26, 2019
Mine is for the mobile devices, the name is DicTater. As a big fan of Civilization games I find DIcTater very amusing.

The game is a strategy game very similar to Civilization 5 except it is on mobile, is real time, is going to be free, and has potatoes instead of people. The aim of the game is to conquer more land, build strategic buildings, spy on your enemies, train your potato troops, and research new technologies to advance your way in the world. There are many cultivars of potatoes that don't want you to succeed. If you're not careful you can make one of the cultivars very salty, prompting them to attack you or cause rebellions in your empire. Special events will pop up, ranging from traitorous spies, to newly active volcanos.

Some of the features:

Conquer the randomly generated tater world.
Apeel to your potato population, and squash any taterous rebellions.
Evade the Protato Assassins that try to get rid of your rightful rule.

Official Website: https://www.dictatergame.com/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Players Come In! / Differences In PES11 And PES12 / In Need Of A Fairly Used PS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.