Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom (17904 Views)

Police Arrests Barrister Ebong Ekere Who Assaulted His Wife In Akwa Ibom / Woman Beaten & Stripped By Her Employer In Edo Over Theft Allegation (Graphic) / Female Kidnapper Caught In Festac, Lagos, Stripped By Mob (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Naija247blog: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2019
In Akwa Ibom thugs who work for Prince Ikim on Monday who is the Chairman, Waste Management Agency, Akwa Ibom, on the 16th of September, 2019 assaulted Mary Ekere and thereafter stripped her in the state. This was done because she was taking pictures of events at the Ibom plaza, the state capital, Uyo.

The information gotten from journalist who works with ‘The post Newspaper‘ was that she was passing along the plaza where she saw some task force operators seizing some goods belonging to traders in the plaza and then she decided to take some pictures of the events. It was also said that the thugs irked by the journalist’s action allegedly beat her to stupor, stripped her naked and also dragged her into a waiting vehicle in the scene.

According to the Miss Mary Ekere, “I was taken to Sanitation Court, off Nkemba Street, unfortunately, the Magistrate was not around and I was remanded in prison custody”
It was later gotten that Miss Mary was taken to the court on Tuesday which was the following day, by the prison guards in their vehicle where she pleaded not guilty to the charges against her before the honorable court. Thereafter she was then granted bail of N10, 000 (Ten thousand Naira). The Waste Management Agency Chairman of Akwa Ibom State, Prince Akim who later ordered that Miss Mary should be sent back to the prison even after meeting the bail conditions. Then She taken back to prison custody and is currently at the Uyo prisons. Reacting to the incident, the father to the accused, said he was shocked by the incident, describing it as unfortunate.

Hon. Idongesit Ekere who is the father to the accused described the unfortunate event with the following words: “We waited from morning till afternoon for the Magistrate, who came in the afternoon. When she was arraigned, she pleaded not guilty to those charges and was granted bail. They asked me to pay N10,000, which I did and filled the bail form they gave with my passport.”

“The court guy said he was coming to inspect my house, but later came to tell me that Mary will not be released today (Tuesday) again as promised that the Magistrate had gone without signing the bail form. So Mary was taken back to prison custody. I took food to give to her at the prison, but they denied me access to her. They said I should give money that they will give her to buy food, which I did. So she is still in prison.”

Meanwhile, Journalists in the Niger State have condemned act which they termed as inhuman treatment against their colleague, Miss Mary Ekere. In a release signed by Comrade Amos Etuk, who is the NUJ chairman, he expressed shock that Miss Mary Ekere was sent back to prison even when the presiding judge had granted her bail, and the father met the bail terms.

Similarly, the Chairman of the Federated Chapel, Comrade Inimfon Silas in a statement vowed to use legal means to bring the victims to justice lamenting that journalists will no longer be safe to carry out their lawful duties.

Also the female journalists under the aegis of Nigeria Association of Women Journalists, NAWOJ, Akwa Ibom state chapter were seen in a peaceful protest, early hours of today marching in their numbers to the sanitation court to register their grievances.

The Chairman of NAWOJ, Comrade Uduak Ekong in a telephone interview with our correspondent who wondered why Miss Ekere would be forced to spend two nights in the prison custody even after meeting the bail term called for her immediate release as well as an unreserved apology to the accused.

Comrade Ekong also called for total reorientation of the law enforcement agents in the state noting that even if they were authorized by the state government to stop people from trading around the plaza and along the road, they should carry out such duties with every sense of decency and decorum.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Waste Management Agency said he was not aware that Miss Ekere was still remanded in prison custody after meeting the bail terms. He promised to ensure that the accused is released soon.

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/09/18/female-journalist-miss-mary-ekere-beaten-up-and-stripped-off-her-clothes-in-akwa-ibom/

2 Shares

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by steeltu(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
sad angry angry angry sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by hisexcellency34: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
you took pictures? You for do am codedly nah

3 Likes

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Vivianagoja(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
I love this

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by femtex007(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Realfrankie(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
Bad energy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by ainas247: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019

Can you see that Most Nigerians are the Problem of Nigeria?
why would taking pictures becomes a crime that you have to strip her.
you should have told her to leave.. rather than this barbaric action of yours

Rank your website on Google
do not underestimate this. chat up now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Ignatiusprince(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
H

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by dopemama(f): 12:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Terrible to say the least

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by beresponsible(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nigeria wetin? Why arrest and strip female journalist for taking pictures of waste? Chairman waste management is just waste himself that needs management.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by olisaEze(m): 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Idongerit, she was put in jail for taking pictures!? Waris going on in this country sef!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by mosho2good: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
*Hahahaha, true friends are always wonderful.*
*But very few* ��

*I reached home late last night and dad asked me "where were you?*
*Me : At a friend's place dad.*
*In front of me, dad called 10 of my friends.*
*4 of them said "yes sir, he was here",*
*2 said "he just left sir",*
*3 said "he's here sir,* *studying, should I give the phone to him?* ���� *and 1 of them went an extra mile to speak* *to dad (in my voice) "Yes* *dad...what's happening"*

*I fainted.* �����

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by AmazingELixir: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

Just imagine the impunity with which these government task forces deploy....if they feel what they are doing is within the ambit of the law why feel threatened by a journalist covering their activities.

On one hand we blame security agencies for high handedness towards the citizenry and on the flip side civilian entrusted with little power become drunk with it.
Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Hausaman(m): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Her fundamental human right has been abused, section 36 of the constitution comes to play. Let her get a lawyer, she will soon smile to the banks.
Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by chinedu234(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Power!! The language of the terrorists called leaders in Nigeria. It runs through all of them not minding the party or position. Funnily,the same idiots will resort to wheelchair, stretcher or even fainting when nemesis plays the catchup game.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Lastorator: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
Uyo nyin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
So It's now an offence to take pictures of thugs harassing citizens. Is it also an offence if those thugs are police.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by solmusdesigns: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
na wa

journalism in Nigeria isnt worth it, except you play with the rich like dele momodu

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by 2016v2017: 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
olisaEze:
Idongerit, she was put in jail for taking pictures!? Waris going on in this country sef!!!
Nigeria is finished under Jubrilhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by lyriclekidd(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
Okay
Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by carlleung(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zoo we're living in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by magzey: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
2016v2017:

You need to buy new sense please cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by prigoz(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
In Nnamdi Kalu voice, Nigeria is zoo. Imagine striping a lady because she took pictures, if she were his daughter, would he have done that. Tufiakwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Gosj01(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
Job hazard!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on signature.
Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by tunary(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
No evidence of the strip

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by Dchosenmhi(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
In my state,go there, two things you will see or hear, fake news all over and wickedness by the in incumbent government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by asanwafo: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Offence No1.They wanted to see pussy. 2. Beat up cos they knew that what they were doing was not within the confines of their duties.3. Assault e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by KenOne: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
All the people of we are back to military era. This is democracy people. This is tyranny are all quiet because their party PDP perpetrated the act and their member is the perpetrator.

Just imagine if this is done by an APC member or official your guess is as good as mine.

I fear no one or party i speak the truth because i hate hypocrisy and gullibility. I condemn where is necessary.
Re: Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom by richie240: 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
ainas247:

Can you see that Most Nigerians are the Problem of Nigeria?
why would taking pictures becomes a crime that you have to strip her.
you should have told her to leave.. rather than this barbaric action of yours

Rank your website on Google
do not underestimate this. chat up now
Dhur, u never c anything.
Someone will blame buhari now, just watch!
2016v2017:

Lolz, I nor torkam?

(1) (2) (Reply)

IG Wants NSCDC, FRSC Merged With Police / Okada Riders Protest In Karu, Abuja Over The Killing Of Their Colleagues / Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.