Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,515 members, 7,854,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Problem With Our Graduates - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Problem With Our Graduates (502 Views)

The CBN Governor The Problem Of Nigeria Or Are We Getting It Wrong? / How To Solve The Problem Of Insufficient Salary/income / The Problem With Our Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Problem With Our Graduates by princeumoh(m): 3:27am On Oct 31, 2010
Every year In Nigeria, more than one hundred thousand graduates are being dispatched into the labour market. Only to search the nooks and crannies of the society in search of white collar jobs that doesn’t exist. Soonest, disappointment begins to sets in, as they watch their youthful and productive age wax away in utmost despair. I pity the poor parents most of whom had to starve sending their children to school expecting a reciprocal care during their old age. If you have been a victim of this social and economic degeneration in our country then you will better understand the humiliating circumstances I am trying to describe.

Yes it’s true that there is mass unemployment in Nigeria, but there are a number of factors responsible for this harsh development which includes:

Outdated educational system:
Our school system is archaic and has refused to embrace the realities of the fast developing global network. They teach students to become employees only, rather than become employers of labour. The mentality of going to school graduating with a good certificate and getting job, still lingers in the mind of our youths. No wonder the high rate of dependency on Government. Sad as it may, the realities of life soon catches up with them unprepared. Gone are the days when graduates had to choose from arrays of job opportunities waiting for them immediately after living school. Our academic institutions have refused to accept this fact. So therefore, I advise you never go to school with the aim of joining the band wagon (semi-slavery) when you can actually make millions of naira from your cognitive content.

Over dependency on government:
The cold-heartedness of government to the alarming rate of unemployment in the country has become worrisome. There are no functional industries providing jobs to our teaming job seekers any more. Grumbles, outcries, protests, and demonstrations have unremittingly been carried out for decades but yet matters seem to get worst by the day. My question is, when are you going to learn to take your future in your hands and stop leaving it to the whims of an unconcerned government? Government may never come to your aid no matter how loud you cry.

Poor believe system:
Christ spent much of his time on earth preaching about the values of self-confidence. This shows how important it is to believe that you can, even when the road seems tough. I have always come across many people who find excuses why something that has worked for others will not work for them. They believe that anything that they do is doomed to fail. This makes it difficult for them to have a healthy relationship with success. Don’t believe in impossibilities, avoid friends who are pessimist they will kill your future. Believe me, you can do all things true Christ who strengthens you.

Inability to see opportunities:
Business opportunities abound everywhere, but yet people are unable to see it. I define business opportunities as the opportunities to satisfy human basic needs in exchange for money. If you are not observant you may not be able to spot hidden opportunities even the ones right under your nose. In fact, this is one significant area you need to develop yourself in. Cash will come your way only for the number of human needs you are able to meet at any point in time. If a man needs water and you have it, he will pay you to have the water. My mentor once told me “Moses, if I and 99 other men are stripped of all our wealth, and taken to an arid land, each empowered with an initial amount of money, come back after 6 months you will still find me wealthy.“ With doubt, I asked “how?” he then explained “Knowing that few minutes after landing on the arid land, the 99 other men will soon become very tasty, I would have searched and stored up water. Minutes later they will begin to pay me cash for some cup of water. That is how I will run around meeting their basic needs in return for their money until they have nothing left on them again.”

Conclusion: A million opportunities abounds in this country. Its very easy making it, only if you are ready to maximize your talent and never bury it for peanut. Esau lost his opportunity for a plate of porridge because he was ignorant and never really knew the value of birthright, until it was too late. You can make more money maximizing your God given talent, rather than agreeing to be used as semi-slave who works like an elephant and eats like an ant. What kind of Job do you do for a living? What is your pay? At what percentage is your salary being increased annually? Does it really worth the stress? Doing same job, can you become financially independent in the next 5-10 years or do you wait patiently and cautiously for your gratuity that worths nothing, after spending 35 years of your fruitful life on earth or at most, stand the risk of being sacked for little or no mistakes? I can bet you that becoming an entrepreneur will pay you a thousand more times than accepting to be used as semi-slave for peanuts.
Opportunities exposition newspaper has reposition it self to help you attain financial independence. Published weekly are fully analyzed profitable small scale businesses that you can start with little capital. Inclusive are management tutorials by renown business mentors in the world. So stay connected with us.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale / Property Investment. / Need Any Product From China Contact Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.