Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. (2453 Views)

Quick Braiding Styles For Natural Hair 2021 / Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil For Hair Growth Here / 10 Best Deep Conditioners For Natural Hair In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys, I have been natural for almost 5 years now and I never really gave Ayurveda hair care a thought. Well, it turns out the chinese and indian women we see with long hairs either incorporate or have a full scale Ayurveda or herbal hair care regime.

Many months ago, my hair started falling seriously I somewhat thought I was going bald. It was pretty scary guys, I was having more than a handful of hair every washday and some bothersome amount when styling my hair. But today the hair shedding has reduced to 5% I mean I barely have hair breakage or shedding during washday. This is actually tremendous.

I started my herbal hair journey with a herb that is as good as a shampoo. The Shikakai herb powder. Shikakai not only cleanse, it comes with additional benefits.

Why Shikakai herb is good for your natural hair:

Shakakai adds shine and softness, gives you stronger,/thicker hair, delays grey hair, fights dandruff, soothes your hair. Shikakai gently detangles hair, soothes your head, and also prevents dry scalp. According to my findings, I found that Shaikakai helps to heal minor wounds and strong enough to get rid of hair lice.

Ultimately, Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) even though does not lather, it gently cleans the hair without stripping it of its natural oils. It’s also a great conditioner, and helps to reduce scalp dryness and makes hair soft and bouncy. Shikakai is rich in vitamin C and many essential phytonutrients that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth.

As per my experience, Shikakai didn't make my hair dry, it feels conditioned and I recently noticed I haven't experienced any scalp pain or soreness and my scalp doesn't feel dry like it used to.

Here is my first time experience with shikakai powder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcEB9lf-VDQ

I am looking forward to sharing my herbal hair journey here and register my progress.

1 Like

Re: Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hey y'all. I'm back to continue sharing my Ayurveda hair care.

I will be talking about Fenugreek today.

FENUGREEK diy DEEP CONDITIONER for 4C NATURAL HAIR.
Fenugreek DIY deep conditioner is another simple and cheap DIY hair conditioner you can try at home on your 4c natural hair or any type 4 natural hair. Just because natural hair care should not be expensive.
In case you are unsure how your hair will turn out, the recipe in a video which is just perfect to be on the safe side for a first-time trial.

FENUGREEK diy DEEP CONDITIONER for 4C NATURAL HAIR.

Fenugreek has been known to treat hair loss, boost hair growth, reduce dandruff as you can use fenugreek directly on your scalp. Fenugreek also has properties that help to reduce grey hair. Apart from all these many benefits of fenugreek, fenugreek is a great conditioner, fenugreek has slips that help in detangling kinky hair, add some shine to your type 4 hair. In addition, fenugreek gives your dry type 4 natural hair some extreme moisture.

Here's how to make your fenugreek deep conditioner at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOmLTYZtrZA

Saintdupsie:
Hi guys, I have been natural for almost 5 years now and I never really gave Ayurveda hair care a thought. Well, it turns out the chinese and indian women we see with long hairs either incorporate or have a full scale Ayurveda or herbal hair care regime.

Many months ago, my hair started falling seriously I somewhat thought I was going bald. It was pretty scary guys, I was having more than a handful of hair every washday and some bothersome amount when styling my hair. But today the hair shedding has reduced to 5% I mean I barely have hair breakage or shedding during washday. This is actually tremendous.

I started my herbal hair journey with a herb that is as good as a shampoo. The Shikakai herb powder. Shikakai not only cleanse, it comes with additional benefits.

Why Shikakai herb is good for your natural hair:

Shakakai adds shine and softness, gives you stronger,/thicker hair, delays grey hair, fights dandruff, soothes your hair. Shikakai gently detangles hair, soothes your head, and also prevents dry scalp. According to my findings, I found that Shaikakai helps to heal minor wounds and strong enough to get rid of hair lice.

Ultimately, Shikakai (Acacia Concinna) even though does not lather, it gently cleans the hair without stripping it of its natural oils. It’s also a great conditioner, and helps to reduce scalp dryness and makes hair soft and bouncy. Shikakai is rich in vitamin C and many essential phytonutrients that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth.

As per my experience, Shikakai didn't make my hair dry, it feels conditioned and I recently noticed I haven't experienced any scalp pain or soreness and my scalp doesn't feel dry like it used to.

Here is my first time experience with shikakai powder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcEB9lf-VDQ

I am looking forward to sharing my herbal hair journey here and register my progress.

1 Like

Re: Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys,
In my journey to using more herbs or let's say I am shifting to ayurvedic natural hair care. Here are some products that I have used which were helpful and I did a full review of the products. Please note that these products are herbal infused hair butter and herbal infused hair for natural hair. Also note that they a Nigerian made nature hair care products.

1. Herbal hair oil and chebe butter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4sny1GN1_s

2. Ayurvedic hair butter by Dobixvine
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7WRHwslRMs/

3. Ayurvedic Scalp and Hair oil
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7Ty4G0lSCU/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
How you dey guys?
I thought I'd share my experience of using henna in my natural hair with you all. There's a lot of hype about using henna on natural hair but I really can't say the same for me.

Watch my full experience here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ2CeXaWkxo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
My natural hair grew in 4 weeks using Ayurvedic herbs!

Hi, beautiful people,
I recently included herbal hair mask into my natural hair regimen fully and the result has been amazing. Though this means one more step added to my washday and herbal mask are obviously messy to do however, the result is enough of a compensation. I have used this herbal hair mask for 4 washdays and my hair loss reduced drastically.

Are you trying to grow your natural hair? do you have stunted growth? do you lose so much hair to shedding and breakage? do you have scalp issues? have you tried so many things that did not work?
If you answered yes to any of these, maybe it is time to embrace nature and switch to ayurvedic hair care for natural hair.

Before I started this ayurvedic hair care journey, I did quite a research and watched some videos to have a smooth headway and also as a contribution, I have explained extensively on my ayurvedic natural hair routine, the herbs I used to grow my hair in 4 weeks, and my full experience (the ups and downs).

If healthy long hair is what you crave, please watch this detailed video

4 weeks of growing my hair with AYURVEDIC HAIR CARE natural hair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-_xKrLWWAY
Re: Herbal Hair Care For Natural Hair: Herbs For Hair Growth And Reduce Shedding. by Saintdupsie: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2021
Hi Beautiful people,
I tried using Ambunu in my 4c natural hair to detangle my hair after a protective style but instead of the Ambunnu to detangle my hair, Ambunu gave me a lot of tangles, my 4c natural hair got locked, my hair broke badly and I spent 2 days detangling my natural hair after using the Ambunu. I have seen so many good reviews about this Ambunu herb and it breaks my heart to come up with the experience. So I'm hoping you watch this below video to learn from my experience and also let me know where I got it wrong if you have used it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng5Ax-Q5dlk

Take home: this is a case of not every trend you jump on and not everything or herbs will work for you.

(1) (Reply)

Glutimax For Bigger Butts / Wedding Gown For Sale At Good And Affordable Price / Wearing Of Ankle Jewelry/ Anklet; What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.