Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,174 members, 7,842,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far (28297 Views)

Top 10 Highest-grossing Nigerian Films Of All Time / List Of The Highest Grossing Movies Of 2018 And How Much They Made / List Of Highest-grossing Nigerian Films (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Josade4(m): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello,
Where do you stay?
Lagos?

It matters a lot now in this shithole country.
Ur course of study has opportunities everywhere.

So, find a good firm. Enter there with your CV and resume.
Tell them you're ready for WORK.

Thank me later, coz I've joined my faith with you.

starbright4real:
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
luvyaself95:

what are you saying

U r so Pained by lion heart wasn't listed Abi..... How can one movie that talks more about one transportation biz be among the highest grossing film... Them dey lie to una say Netflix buy am for 1b Abi.. Deceiving ursef
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Kapeter(m): 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Goldenventures:

@kapeter

I see you online. Please I am still waiting for the link in question.

Thanks
lmao. You still dey on top this thing? Please check wikipedia, i think i saw it there. I really do not remember where exactly i saw the list buh check wikipedia. It's well detailed there with the total amount they grossed.

And what some people don't understand is that, grossing only means how much the film generates in cinemas both local and international. That's the only way they can get the accurate record.

Please do check wikipedia like i said.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Kapeter:
lmao. You still dey on top this thing? Please check wikipedia, i think i saw it there. I really do not remember where exactly i saw the list buh check wikipedia. It's well detailed there with the total amount they grossed.

And what some people don't understand is that, grossing only means how much the film generates in cinemas both local and international. That's the only way they can get the accurate record.

Please do check wikipedia like i said.
Anybody can write whatever he wants on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is no real source, sorry to tell you that.

At first you said it was on the official site of the cea naa? Are you saying it is no longer there? Then acknowledge the mistake you made, and let's move on.

Like I said, I still fail to see relevant sources for this compilation. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Teacher...I dont know...so teach me
Box office has nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the business level... the movie makes
Both endorsement, international recognition, resell rights, and money also.... Box office no be for popular movies within a country alone
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by luvyaself95(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
DenreleDave:

U r so Pained by lion heart wasn't listed Abi..... How can one movie that talks more about one transportation biz be among the highest grossing film... Them dey lie to una say Netflix buy am for 1b Abi.. Deceiving ursef

what the fvck wrong with some people am pain because of what..
I just state my opinion and you're started talking non stop
ogini is your brain paining you ni.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
luvyaself95:

what the fvck wrong with some people am pain because of what.. I just state my opinion and you're started talking non stop ogini is your brain paining you ni.

Why are you so bent on replying me na.. Nyamiri
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by whitedove(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
MT:

I have never commented on any tribalistic rant but I couldn't just resist the urge this time. Must every good things discussed here end up as a fight between Yoruba and Ibo. I am a Yoruba and I have watched good movies produced by the Ibo. Likewise, i have watched good movies produced by Yoruba. These are talented actors and actresses doing good for themselves, their industry and their country. To the e-warlords, what do you want to be remembered for. How can I forget the likes of Segun Arinze, Omotola, BUkky Ajayi, Alex Osifo, Zack Orji, Clarion Chukwura, Kanayo Kanayo, Clem Ohaneze, Pete Edochie et al. To you, yes you, who are you?
if your assertions above is what you think can counter my argument,you are a small boy...you are talking about segun Arinze? YORUBA MAN..I doubt if you can read very well....your pete edochie pales when i talk about the real people that started the thing.

i have been here since 2006,so i dont think i have ever ranted on tribalistic threads,be guided.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Kapeter(m): 5:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
Goldenventures:

Anybody can write whatever he wants on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is no real source, sorry to tell you that.

At first you said it was on the official site of the cea naa? Are you saying it is no longer there? Then acknowledge the mistake you made, and let's move on.

Like I said, I still fail to see relevant sources for this compilation. I stand to be corrected though.
smh. Apologize? What for?

If you really need it that badly, you should message cean, they will surely reply you with the list.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
Kapeter:
smh. Apologize? What for?

If you really need it that badly, you should message cean, they will surely reply you with the list.
So you Lied about the list being on the website, and there are no official sources to the list.

Just like I said. Understood, and cheers.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Kapeter(m): 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Goldenventures:

So you Lied about the list being on the website, and there are no official sources to the list.

Just like I said. Understood, and cheers.
smh. Websites always undergo updates from time to time man.

Wouldn't testify if i didn't see it.

Been hoping for a reliable box office in nigeria when cean launched so i was one of their first users.

You really can mail them, if you really do need it like i said.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by bigpicture001: 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Box office has nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the business level... the movie makes
Both endorsement, international recognition, resell rights, and money also.... Box office no be for popular movies within a country alone

Popularity has everything to do with box office my guy...when a movie is popular, movie goers flock to watch it at the cinema...money alone realised from takings from d cinema while showing movies are its box office ranking
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by bigbabyboy: 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Nollywood as we know it today is a gift from Ndi Igbo to the world go and hug transformer if you are pained.

This is a total lie. The name did not even originate from Ndigbo but rather from a New York times article about the industry that was really pioneered by the Yorubas mainly.

Entertainment has always been a key part of the Yoruba culture prior to colonialism among other key strengths. It is no wonder they dominate the entertainment strata, the movie industry being one of its divisions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Popularity has everything to do with box office my guy...when a movie is popular, movie goers flock to watch it at the cinema...money alone realised from takings from d cinema while showing movies are its box office ranking
Funny enough I know some popular movies that didn't make it to box office
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by bigpicture001: 12:44am On Sep 21, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Funny enough I know some popular movies that didn't make it to box office

Hope u know famous and popular are two different thing...so name them
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Kapeter:
smh. Websites always undergo updates from time to time man.

Wouldn't testify if i didn't see it.

Been hoping for a reliable box office in nigeria when cean launched so i was one of their first users.

You really can mail them, if you really do need it like i said.

Can you recall when you saw it last? Only the year and possibly month. I will recover the website as it was then, so we can check.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2019
bigpicture001:

Hope u know famous and popular are two different thing...so name them
How is famous and popular different..... Seriously I don't understand
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by bigpicture001: 10:39am On Sep 21, 2019
thariodamaniac:

How is famous and popular different..... Seriously I don't understand

They are very different but mistakenly unsed interchangeably

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kendrick93(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Both of you are wrong.
Box office are for movies released for the big screens(cinemas)
Game of thrones isn't a movie rather it's a TV series same with the likes of power,walking dead,etc..
TV SERIES aren't shown in the cinemas
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by gwafaeziokwu: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
bigbabyboy:

This is a total lie. The name did not even originate from Ndigbo but rather from a New York times article about the industry that was really pioneered by the Yorubas mainly.

Entertainment has always been a key part of the Yoruba culture prior to colonialism among other key strengths. It is no wonder they dominate the entertainment strata, the movie industry being one of its divisions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

You can continue to live in denial for all I care. Nollywood was birthed by Ndiigbo. Every one including Yorubas have benefitted from their adventurous zeal and spirit. The difference is that others like kannywood and Ghollywood have acknowledged their source of inspiration but pride,envy and ego will not allow the Yorubas see road. 51 Iweka Rd and 1/3 pound road Aba is your eternal nemesis. Live with it.

As for that thrash about your ancient foray into drama and film, my great grand fathers also had their moonlight play at the village square where they sing dance and act their own drama in readiness for new yam festivals. So Nollywood started from them too. Smh
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by gwafaeziokwu: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
DenreleDave:

Pettiness! Your literary /art appreciation is zero. Nigerian movies should tell Nigerian stories. Our everyday trials and triumphs. Things that are highly relatable even to illiterates on the street. There are so many stories to tell about Nigeria. Genevieve chose the untold story about our thriving private sector driven transportation industry. With well delivered themes like Family succession in business, proving yourself under the weight of high expectations, one good turns deserve another, bridging the gap of tribal suspicion through superior arguments, the girl child can deliver if given the opportunity to deliver, reward of having a really united family, following one's dream even when everyone thinks you are mad and many more.

I don't expect you to relate any way. Art is a sophisticated subject, petty people will never get it.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Pettiness! Your literary /art appreciation is zero. Nigerian movies should tell Nigerian stories. Our everyday trials and triumphs. Things that are highly relatable even to illiterates on the street. There are so many stories to tell about Nigeria. Genevieve chose the untold story about our thriving private sector driven transportation industry. With well delivered themes like Family succession in business, proving yourself under the weight of high expectations, one good turns deserve another, bridging the gap of tribal suspicion through superior arguments, the girl child can deliver if given the opportunity to deliver, reward of having a really united family, following one's dream even when everyone thinks you are mad and many more.

I don't expect you to relate any way. Art is a sophisticated subject, petty people will never get it.

Bros, all these grammar on top wetin na.... Abeg e don do, I don hear u
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
kendrick93:

Both of you are wrong.
Box office are for movies released for the big screens(cinemas)
Game of thrones isn't a movie rather it's a TV series same with the likes of power,walking dead,etc..
TV SERIES aren't shown in the cinemas
I know what you mean but in this context you are wrong.... Because some series are in box office
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kendrick93(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
thariodamaniac:

I know what you mean but in this context you are wrong.... Because some series are in box office
box office are tickets sold..
Name me any series it's tickets has been sold
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
kendrick93:
box office are tickets sold..
Name me any series it's tickets has been sold
Do u know what viewing rights are giving to a companies like Netflix..... That's the business of series that's their box office....
Abeg Google it.... I don't have time to explain
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kendrick93(m): 6:29am On Sep 22, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Do u know what viewing rights are giving to a companies like Netflix..... That's the business of series that's their box office....
Abeg Google it.... I don't have time to explain
again u don't know the meaning of the term box office.
Google as u said will enlighten and stop all this baseless arguments.
nairaland and mediocrity..
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by tck2000(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Wane2: 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
We still need to up our game, but gradually we will get there, btw I'm talking about American blockbuster standards.
What the fūck is wrong with all these tribalists on nairaland? Go and get a life bitch. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Tom And Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child? / Power(series) Is Back!!! / "Iyawo Naira Marley" - Nollywood Movie Named After Naira Marley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.