Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:33 AM

What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] (1440 Views)

This Corolla Needs A New Home / SOLD!!! Sale Or Swap For This Corolla 2003/04 (850k) / Please What's The Model Of This Corolla? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Good morning

I need advise on this Corolla. The engine is bad plus front and back bumpers. Should I buy a new engine and the bumpers or will it be better to sell of and add money for a new car.

Plus any idea on the value as it is presently.

Advises highly welcomed. Thanks

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by bisi16(m): 7:26am On Sep 21, 2019
U can dash me if u re not sure what to do with it.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 21, 2019
If you can afford a toks, why not sell this one and buy.

Otherwise fix this one. Not only engine and bumpers but also body work.

I'm not an expert ooo

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by carbon1224(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2019
Depends on your pocket but if you cannot afford toks kindly fix this and continue enjoying it.i can see it’s bad from the picture but can be fixed and remember this corrolla no too get second hand for market so think well well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 21, 2019
carbon1224:
Depends on your pocket but if you cannot afford toks kindly fix this and continue enjoying it.i can see it’s bad from the picture but can be fixed and remember this corrolla no too get second hand for market so think well well.

Thanks, good advice. What do you mean by ‘e no get second hand for market ‘
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 21, 2019
iAudio:
If you can afford a toks, why not sell this one and buy.

Otherwise fix this one. Not only engine and bumpers but also body work.

I'm not an expert ooo

Can’t really afford a toks. I have just 500k, I think it should be able to fix but not enough for a toks if I sell this one with it
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2019
donbabajay:

Can’t really afford a toks. I have just 500k, I think it should be able to fix but not enough for a toks if I sell this one with it
Then fix this one. Have you checked the price for the engine?
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2019
iAudio:

250 - 300k
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2019
iAudio:

Will it make sense to fix and sell?
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2019
donbabajay:

Will it make sense to fix and sell?
check what it will cost to fix.
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Samuelscott: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2019
donbabajay:

how much is the price of the engine and front&back numbers
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by idu1(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2019
Selling off plus your 500k won't get you a tok.
Have a mechanic to evaluate and tell you have much will be needed for repair.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by patroccini: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Some people buy old engines. So sell the old engine and replace the engine and continue using it until you have money to fix the body. Then keep your remaining change or do the body work. Selling off a car that is not working is most times not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Samuelscott:
how much is the price of the engine and front&back numbers

Engine about 270k
Front and back bumper 50k
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2019
patroccini:
Some people buy old engines. So sell the old engine and replace the engine and continue using it until you have money to fix the body. Then keep your remaining change or do the body work. Selling off a car that is not working is most times not worth it.

Thank you
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Oblongata: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2019
Of course it is better to fix it...

Engine and gear is 300k

Fixing of engine 20k

40k for bumpers

40k for painting and baking

After all these use the car for 6 months and sell

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oblongata:

Of course it is better to fix it...

Engine and gear is 300k

Fixing of engine 20k

40k for bumpers

40k for painting and baking

After all these use the car for 6 months and sell

Do I need to change the engine with the gear?
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Oblongata: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
donbabajay:

Do I need to change the engine with the gear?
it is best you change the engine and gear 2geda

This will ensure the engine synchronizes with the gear.

Best of luck!!!

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by Gaddafi1: 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
My brother this car is in a bad shape and will surely give you a lot of issues. Please sell the car and wait for a time you can afford another one.
Or better use the money to buy toks 2000 Camry.
This life doesn't need stress. grin
Re: What Should I Do With This Corolla? [pics] by carbon1224(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
If you fix and sell you would lose cos they won’t buy it well due to the body but it’s better to fix and repaint.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sold / Aircraft for sale / SOLD! Rarely Used 2005 Toyota Corolla @1.3m (slightly Negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.